PDA

View Full Version : Claire! And other Alabama Quilters!

Blondie
March 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Claire and others - when I woke up this morning I heard that Alabama had been hit by some treacherous storms over night. Please check in and let us know you are okay - okay?

Prayers and blessings

Claire Hallman
March 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much for thinking of us Alabama folks. We did not have any damage and other than tree down problems neither did my area. That being said, I got kinda scared yesterday, there was sunshine at my house and I made plans to meet a fella to buy a car seat off Craigslist. I have been looking for one for a week or so and the brand my g baby has is quite popular so I was very happy to find one. Annnyway, I headed out to meet him and got a few miles down the road it started storming with hard rain, wind and hail the size of marbles. I did meet him, got soaked but did get the car seat so all was good.:D

SallyO'Sews
March 19th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Claire, I'm glad you're okay! We had yet more snow last night; I'm hoping it's winter's last gasp, but you never know!
One great thing about a very snowy winter is that they always seem to be followed by spectacular flowers when spring finally arrives!
Have blessed day, everyone!
~ Sally \0/

Doloris
March 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM
still waiting to hear from my son in DeKalb co. Read lots of news reports and really bad all around him. He works in Albertville and doesn't get home from work till between 4 and 6 AM so dont want to wake him too early, but gonna call in the next hr or so if I dont hear.

Renate
March 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I hope you are all fine over there in Alabama.

Doloris
March 19th, 2013, 04:05 PM
talked to son and all is well. He was at work during the whole storm, and it is a BIG warehouse, and he said it was quiet in there. Found out 2 roofs blew off some buildings next door and were laying in the middle of 461 for awhile. Other than that no damage at home either. Storms usually go around him, except the one in 2005 that lightening struck his house and burned it to the ground.

auntiemern
March 19th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Prayers for all our AL peeps. Claire, you should not go off to meet a fella by yourself for any reason. Deloris, glad all is ok with DS.

Mary Ruth
March 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
We had heavy rain, hail, and wind. No damage in our neighborhood if you don't count limbs (mostly small) down, and lawn furniture blown around. This is the scheduled day for garbage and trash pick up. Many garbage cans were sitting out ready to be moved to the street. Picture the mess blown all over yards, the golf course and streets. The little fellow across the street said, "Miss Mary, the devil had a fit on our street last night.' Somehow I coundn't disagree with him. All's well that end well, though.

Tanya D
March 19th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Glad everyone is alright and damage is minimal.