PDA

View Full Version : I have boars in my yard

Hulamoon
March 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Well, wild pigs. I have enough chickens and now have wild boars. Cat's, a dog, wild chickens, wild boars(3) a horse even wondered into our yard. I tied up the horse thank gosh. Then I had a sick old big dog and had to call rescue and helped put it into the truck. Then another dog. Am I a magnet or something?

Musical_Starling
March 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM
They know you are an animal lover :D

I have some 'bores' in my family, I could certainly swap some of them for a few 'boars' :icon_giggle:

Lisapc
March 18th, 2013, 06:20 PM
They now where to find a gentle loving soul. Or you have some really tasty weeds and flowers growing back there.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 18th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Bacon on the hoof!

K. McEuen
March 18th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I have some 'bores' in my family

You stole my comment!

Everyone to Hawaii for a pig roast!!!

Hulamoon
March 18th, 2013, 07:35 PM
lol I woke up my dd and boyfriend and said come check out the pigs! He said do you want me to go shoot them. Geesh. He has an airgun or something like that. I said h*ell no. I pretty much only eat fish. I don't wan't a dead boar in my yard. he won't even do the dishes much less than get rid of a dead pig. Good gosh!

And that was really funny Dee :)

GuitarGramma
March 18th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Lorie, you just pull them all in! Do you have a fence? Are they finding loose slats? Are you OK? Are you OK with the hogs in your yard? Can they get out or are they all yours now?

You poor thing!

Hulamoon
March 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I'm on two acres and the front half is pretty much clear around the house no fences though. The back half has a creek and full of buffalo grass. The grand plan was to grow tropical flowers but now it's grass and pigs. lol The piggies are coming in to the front now though and the dog is getting all anxious. He see's them from our deck. It's funny. I actually had some kids I had to yell after and say what are you doing here? I mean there is a house and car's. Why are you coming in here?

auntiemern
March 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Funny but not. Ferrel pigs can be very aggressive and dangerous. Some places in the south here on the mainland, they have become a real problem.

phoots
March 19th, 2013, 01:31 AM
You might just be an animal magnet! I would swear that my BF is a cat magnet!! It seems like nearly every outdoor cat or stray cat in the complex comes to our patio! And, of course, he wants them all!

Pam in Vegas

Mchelem
March 19th, 2013, 01:42 AM
We shoot wild pigs. They'll chase you down and gore you!!! And those suckers can run pretty fast for fat pigs!

Hulamoon
March 19th, 2013, 02:30 AM
I catch cane spiders and put them outside. When I first moved here I moved in with future hubby and there was crying coming from down the sreet. I asked what is that. They were blooding a pig. In another house I lived at they had a black dog tied up to a tree where It couldn't even sit down. I was going to give them one our dog houses. Then I found out people really do eat dog's.

GuitarGramma
March 19th, 2013, 02:39 AM
I'm on two acres and the front half is pretty much clear around the house no fences though. The back half has a creek and full of buffalo grass. The grand plan was to grow tropical flowers but now it's grass and pigs. lol The piggies are coming in to the front now though and the dog is getting all anxious. He see's them from our deck. It's funny. I actually had some kids I had to yell after and say what are you doing here? I mean there is a house and car's. Why are you coming in here?
Two acres in Hawaii? A lot of us here on the mainland call Hawaii "paradise," but if you're on acreage, you're in paradise on paradise. Guess the wild boars know it, too!

Hulamoon
March 19th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Two acres in Hawaii? A lot of us here on the mainland call Hawaii "paradise," but if you're on acreage, you're in paradise on paradise. Guess the wild boars know it, too!

There is a misconseption of paradise. When you want to be at the beach full time, maybe. When you have to pay a ton of money to get off an island to see a play and pay for a car, hotel and airfair you would change your mind really fast. lol.

shannonsaulter
March 19th, 2013, 03:24 AM
No board but do have an old bear..that's my DH..lol

GuitarGramma
March 19th, 2013, 03:26 AM
This is really interesting to me. Our church pastor loves Hawaii so much that he joined the diocese of Honolulu & got transferred from CA to HI. I've really been wondering if he'll find *living* in paradise as great as *visiting* paradise had been.

Hulamoon
March 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
This is really interesting to me. Our church pastor loves Hawaii so much that he joined the diocese of Honolulu & got transferred from CA to HI. I've really been wondering if he'll find *living* in paradise as great as *visiting* paradise had been.

That's nice that he got to move to his dream place. Does he ever come back to vist? Oahu or Honolulu is pretty much the city of the islands. I live on a boonie island. lol Boars, goats, toads, cows, sheep, etc. Someone even has a llama I always thought that would be fun to have. I wonder how that got through customs. lol

alliek
March 19th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Auntiemerm is correct, while the situation has an amusing side, please be careful of wild boars they are becoming a problem on the mainland in many a southern area and are dangerous. Now - You are an animal magnet! Something attracts them, may be your open heart. ;)