• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pcbatiks
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

What Is Your Good News Story ??!! Part 2

Back in September of 2012 I started a thread about our Good News Stories. It was done to remind us all......myself included, that good things are happening around us but sometimes they get over looked with so many bad stories in the news. We got a great response and it gave us all a boost. I just thought maybe it's time to do it again.......we have so many new forum friends that might want to share their experiences. I hope sharing these stories will help ease the burden of so many that are going through illnesses and other serious situations. So if you have already shared a story & want to add another........or if you are a newer member & have one to share.........please add them on to Part 2 of Good News Stories. I am bumping up the original thread from September 2012 for those that were not here then. So what is your good news story........ Thanks to all who make this such a great forum!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?
  • cindyinohio
    The Guild President
    • Jan 2013

Re: What Is Your Good News Story ??!! Part 2

Last year my sister-in-law was given two months to live, saying she had an inoperable brain tumor. She had over a few months a huge deterioration in her mental function and was unable to do any normal daily functions.She had gone to several neurologists at three different hospitals.She planned her funeral. Her husband would not give up. They finally got a recommendation to a John HopkinsHospital in North Carolina. They discovered she did not have a tumor, she had deterioration in the cervical spine that was allowing the spinal fluid to leak and her brain had shifted back. They did surgery and today she is 100% back to normal. GOD DOES MIRACLES!!
    sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

• pcbatiks
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Wow Cindy......I've never heard of that happening before........thankfully she got a accurate diagnosis.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

• Musical_Starling
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by cindyinohio View Post
        Last year my sister-in-law was given two months to live, saying she had an inoperable brain tumor. She had over a few months a huge deterioration in her mental function and was unable to do any normal daily functions.She had gone to several neurologists at three different hospitals.She planned her funeral. Her husband would not give up. They finally got a recommendation to a John HopkinsHospital in North Carolina. They discovered she did not have a tumor, she had deterioration in the cervical spine that was allowing the spinal fluid to leak and her brain had shifted back. They did surgery and today she is 100% back to normal. GOD DOES MIRACLES!!
        Wow! How great for your sister! Truly a miracle
        *Dee*
        Believe
        There Is
        Good In The World

Comment

• auntiemern
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2012

My good news story is bittersweet today. We laid my aunt to rest. She is no longer suffering and in pain. She is with our Lord, happy and healthy, and talking up a storm with my mom. I was able to visit with cousins that I normally only get to see once a year @ the family reunion, because they are an hour away, and we all have busy lives. It is always good to catch up on what everyone is doing.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

• lilmouse
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2011

My good news story is Steve was home for almost an entire week, got my plumbing working right again....and it was great to have him home..(he drives a semi long haul and is not home for 3 -6 weeks at a time).

Comment

• Mchelem
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2013

My good news story is that today was just a take it easy day. I stayed home with the dogs, enjoyed the sunshine and just relaxed.
              "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

• pcbatiks
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mchelem View Post
                My good news story is that today was just a take it easy day. I stayed home with the dogs, enjoyed the sunshine and just relaxed.

Don't you just love this springtime weather before we get the hot miserable muggies!

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2010

My good news story? Since my household has increased in numbers and often the level of noise drives me up the wall (sorry - sensory overload) my SIL has replaced my dishwasher with a new one, my old stove top with one that is easy to clean, the kids have brought me joy at times when I felt there was no more available, and their space requirements are forcing me to downsize - which I truly need to do.

How's that for a very long run-on sentence?
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                    Missouri Star
                    • Nov 2012

My good news story is that I am alive today! God has been most merciful to me.

Comment

• Evilynn
                      Missouri Star
                      • Sep 2012

My good news story is that everybody thinks that I said bye bye to my cancer along with my breast. We will have to wait a bit to be sure but that truly sounds encouraging!!
                      ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
                      /
                      Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

Working...
                      X