PDA

View Full Version : THINK before you speak.

RiverMomm
March 17th, 2013, 05:09 PM
"THINK before you speak." THAT would be a great tattoo for some people.

My oldest son is adopted. He has always known. Recently, he met his birth mother and things didn't go as well as everyone would have wished, so it is a tender area for him.

Well, he has a new job and the other day some of his co workers found out his was adopted. He wasn't at work for a couple days and the gossip really multiplied on his off days. So, he goes into work yesterday and finds that everyone has been talking about it and one of his co workers walks up to him and says:

"She is probably sleeping around with everyone and never loved you" and several other things that just aren't nice.

WHY!??!!?!? Why say that? My son left work early and couldn't sleep all night. It so upset him. My heart is hurting for my son. He is 23 but will always be my little boy that I want to protect. I can't protect him from stupid people.

Needless to say, I am glad he lives 3000 miles away or I would be stupid myself and go into his work and give that co worker a piece of my mind (JUST what every 23 yr old male wants his mother to do! ummm NOT! LOL).

So, I sit here with a sad heart and know he will get a tougher skin and get over it.

Musical_Starling
March 17th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Seriously?!? What is wrong with some people? Uggh! That boy needs a good smack upside the head. I will never understand people and wholeheartedly agree that these people need to think before they speak, because obviously if he had he would never utter such crap. Not sure if a tattoo would work though, they'd probably just cover it up. Some people and their kids... *sigh* BIG hugs for you and your son!

HdWench
March 17th, 2013, 05:22 PM
(((((((((((((Vicky)))))))))))))) how awful for him and a good reminder to folks to THINK about what they say!!!!

My grandson (adopted by MY parents) from my idiot daughter, knows he is adopted too -- BUT no thanks to F..........Facebook last month his "baby donor" contact him. I haven't slept well since, my parents who RAISED him are SOOO upset I'm worried my dad will have another heart attack and WHY?? After 14 years almost :-( I also hope they DO develop a thicker skin, but it still HURTS the ones that love them so much like YOU and me.

This isn't going to turn out well here... we had a talk but OH how I wish Facebook was off the Internet -- ANYWAY I am so glad you posted this subject!! It is not easy even when they know they are adopted to hear "those" stupid comments!!!! My answer is always WE loved you MOST to adopt you... versus why the heck they gave them away (who care why) someone else LOVED them even more

You ARE his "real" mom and I sure understand driving over and kicking some 20 something year old rears!! How were they taught to be so snide and nasty with those comments

Ok off I go before I type too much more LMAO

*yikes* stirred up again

Debbie

Mpyles
March 17th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Omg!! What the heck business is it of theirs anyway?? I think I would of responded that my mother in fact picked me, but unfortunately theirs mothers got stuck with them!! Idiots!!

cyndiofthevortex
March 17th, 2013, 05:25 PM
My heart breaks over this story. I have an adopted daughter and two adopted grandsons. I know how insensitive people can be, but what happened to your son is above and beyond anything I'd ever heard of. I'm sorry that this happened.

dwil23
March 17th, 2013, 05:31 PM
It's amazing what some people will say thinking they are "helping'. This may not be the case with his co-workers, they may just be mean-spirited people, it's hard to know. I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to gossip about someone being adopted anyway. I grew up knowing that my cousin was adopted (1 year older than me) and it was no big deal. In fact - she was proud of it!
These people must seriously need something to talk about. So sorry your son got hurt due to their boredom/insensitivity/meaness or whatever would cause them to say such a thing. ((SON))

MRoy
March 17th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry this happened to your son. It's amazing sometimes just how thoughtless people can be. Sometimes I think they just don't give a d.... if they hurt someone with their stupid remarks.

CountryHut
March 17th, 2013, 05:51 PM
- it all comes down to them being "Jealous" -- they are bullys - he needs a t-shirt --- I am Proud of being adopted - - whats your excuse

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2013, 06:13 PM
This is so sad. I hope everyone can get resolution and your son can be at peace about this situation.

shannonsaulter
March 17th, 2013, 06:16 PM
People are just stupid at times...be there for him as always..some people just have no class I can think if a few come backs but will keep them to myself...

Lisapc
March 17th, 2013, 06:16 PM
People can be really horrible and when the ones that enjoy causing other people pain for their own entertainment are the worst.

You raised your son and he will be just fine because it was you who raised him.

There is really nothing worse than knowing your child is in pain of any kind.

bkthomas
March 17th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Cyber Hugs ((((((((Vicky)))))))))))

Jess1377
March 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Oh how awful, sending you some big cyber hugs ((((Vicki))))!

Wwena
March 17th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I can't BELIEVE that happened! For real?!? What's wrong with some people. I'm deeply surpriced someone would even find it interesting that someone else is adopted (much less be that cruel!). What's that to gossip about? Something that happened when he was a baby? Seriously, they have way too little to do at that place if they are THAT bored. And you know, some people wouldn't be able to think no matter how much time you give them... They just don't have the capacity! Sorry, I couldn't help myself...!

He will come around. He obviously has a great relationship with his real mom since he told her all about this! :)

mom4him
March 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM
There is a saying,"Engage brain before mouth." Obviously this guy had never been told this.
I am so sorry for your son's hurt. These are all things we will still need to face one day. I just pray for the strength to see us through. Our son especially has some major possible hurt ahead.

K. McEuen
March 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Given the age of the people involved I'd venture to say that the guy was trying to be funny more than anything. Rather than being funny he just showed what a dumba$$ he was. Maybe he should get that tattooed on his forehead so he's reminded each time he looks in the mirror.

I asked my mom if I was adopted when I was about 14. I didn't look like anyone else in the family and mom often told the story about her telling the nurses that they brought her the wrong baby in the hospital. Seems I had black hair and eyes when I was born and my 3 older siblings were all blue eyed blondes. It wasn't until I was 30 and saw a picture of my paternal grandmother at the same age that I figured out I really did look like someone in the family.

It's funny, but all through my life it seems that my best friends have always been people that were adopted. Not sure why, just always been that way.

Your son should consider himself lucky. He was chosen, most kids aren't. The fact that his mom gave him up was probably one of the best things to happen in his life, no matter what her reasons were. Even if she didn't love him, she cared enough to carry him and then place him up for adoption so that someone that really wanted him could get him. She shouldn't be faulted for that.

WendyI
March 17th, 2013, 11:00 PM
once again...totally mind boggling to me that people could say something like that right to his face, nevermind behind his bad. And why on earth does anyone give a rats behind if someone is adopted? Seriously! What small minded people. So sorry your son is upset by this.

shermur
March 18th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone lived by the golden rule? i think it's wonderful that your son was adopted by parents who wanted to love him; others who obviously have no sense of consideration shouldn't talk should they have no sense of human kindness! Be strong and love will heal all wounds!

SallyO'Sews
March 18th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Vicky, I'm so sorry that someone has hurt your son. I pray that as you have wrapped your loving arms around him, that our Heavenly Father will also wrap His loving arms around your son, and that he will know that God's love is ever-present.
Blessings and hugs to your entire family, ~ Sally \0/

Sew Perfect
March 18th, 2013, 12:19 AM
"THINK before you speak." THAT would be a great tattoo for some people.

My oldest son is adopted. He has always known. Recently, he met his birth mother and things didn't go as well as everyone would have wished, so it is a tender area for him.

Well, he has a new job and the other day some of his co workers found out his was adopted. He wasn't at work for a couple days and the gossip really multiplied on his off days. So, he goes into work yesterday and finds that everyone has been talking about it and one of his co workers walks up to him and says:

"She is probably sleeping around with everyone and never loved you" and several other things that just aren't nice.

WHY!??!!?!? Why say that? My son left work early and couldn't sleep all night. It so upset him. My heart is hurting for my son. He is 23 but will always be my little boy that I want to protect. I can't protect him from stupid people.

Needless to say, I am glad he lives 3000 miles away or I would be stupid myself and go into his work and give that co worker a piece of my mind (JUST what every 23 yr old male wants his mother to do! ummm NOT! LOL).

So, I sit here with a sad heart and know he will get a tougher skin and get over it.

I am sorry that your son is enduring this type of cruelty. People do tend to speak before thinking. Hopefully, that person will see the error of his ways and apoligize.

auntiemern
March 18th, 2013, 12:27 AM
So sorry this happened to your son. Some people really should just shut up. The thing is though, you loved him enough to want him, and that is really all that matters.

Monique
March 18th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Vicky sorry this happened to your son. I would hope that the person who said this realizes that he should have kept his mouth shut and not hurt your son.

rebeccas-sewing
March 18th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I find his co-workers' interest in his adoption rather odd! Lots of people are adopted. What's the big deal? Thank goodness for those who are willing to adopt and give a child the love and care he or she deserves. It takes all kinds to make a world. It's a shame some are so heartless and mindless. I hope your son can put this in perspective and focus on the love he's received from you. I know there's a great urge to want to meet one's biological parents. Was your son not prepared for the fact that the experience might not be pleasant? I just don't know if this kind of hurt is worth it to get answers.

MayinJerset
March 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM
His co worker was thoughtless and cruel but probably thought he was being funny - what a mind set he has. We all are sending you and your son some Mega Cyber Hugs, May in Jersey