PDA

View Full Version : survived the weekend

Poppytree
March 17th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Had the grandchildren to stay for a long weekend + their dog. The girls were a joy to have but dear Bailey gave us a hard time! He did some damage in the garden digging a huge hole in the lawn and mutilating several plants and he was a nightmare to walk as he is sooooo strong and really pulled hard. Hopefully he will improve with age and some training and a 'Halti' training lead. He also managed to destroy the pattern for a purse I was planning to make.

We then had lunch with the whole family and will be getting together again for a nice meal over Easter. School Sports Day and a couple of other events before that. After hardly seeing them in months things are really improving and we are doing more together. They are also planning to move soon and will be little a little nearer to us.

Its taken a while to get communications working and share our disappoinment at hardly seeing them but hopefully we'll get to see the girls more often from now on and my relationship with my daughter is so much closer now.

After the sucess of the kayaking with dolphins last week Karen and I are looking forward to a day tasting wine and chocolate at the end of next month (to celebrate both our birthdays as they are only a week apart)

kensington
March 17th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Scotch Tape and the copy machine!

bkthomas
March 17th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Sounds like good news overall - sorry about your pattern!

Poppytree
March 17th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Too many bits missing (or unable to flatten out) to glue together but I emailed the company that supply the kits in Adelaide and got a new pattern back within a couple of hours - on a Sunday too - what great customer service!

WendyI
March 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
how old is Bailey? If he is a puppy then sounds like he needs some crate training big time. Wow. What kind of dog is he! Bad chewing pup to wreck your pattern! Not sure what the family problem was but nice to hear you are making progress and will see your grandbabies more. Great customer service indeed!

kelliedi
March 17th, 2013, 10:27 AM
don't you love companies who are open on sunday and have great customer service....

Lisapc
March 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
For the stealing of the pattern and chewing, rawhide. Both of mine stopped stealing when they had rawhide to gnaw on.

As for a closer relationship with your daughter and seeing your grand babies more, congratulations.

shannonsaulter
March 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Glad it was overall a good visit..and the company does have good CS to get
right back to you..

Wwena
March 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Jane that is GREAT news about your daughter and grandkids. I remember your other post only too well. The dog problem will be easier to sort, I'm sure. :D

The owl is just too cute!! Where did you get it?

Poppytree
March 18th, 2013, 03:18 AM
This is the company that makes these cute coin purses (purses here and in the UK are small and generally used for holding money) I think that the things you call purses we call handbags!

http://dalizakka.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/coin-purse-kits.html

Wwena
March 18th, 2013, 03:32 AM
And then there's the totes. ;)

Wwena
March 18th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Oh wow they are too cute! Just look at those prints too! The animal Russian dolls especially... *swoons*