PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Missionary

Meli
March 17th, 2013, 12:38 AM
My middle stepson (age 20) is serving a 2 year mission in Peru for our Church. On the 21st of this month, he'll have been gone a year. It's amazing that he's been gone that long already! He is loving his time there, has made some good friends, and has taught the gospel to and baptized about a dozen people. Most of our missionaries move from location to location every two to three months. Nate spent 8 months in a town called Ica. A couple weeks ago he was sent to a new location called Chincha. He has been there long enough that he is now training new missionaries that are assigned to be his companions.

We continue to be so proud of this amazing young man and his ability to touch people just by being in the room.

Anyway, I've mentioned him enough that I thought you'd like to see who I'm talking about. These are the most recent pictures, sent last week.
Nate sightseeing at an oasis near Ica

Nate with a 92 year old church member in Ica. Nate is 5'9", making him the shortest male in the family. He's loving being the tallest!

Lisapc
March 17th, 2013, 12:56 AM
You must be very proud and brave to live with him so far away. He is just a baby.

Meli
March 17th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Lisa, we are very proud, but I don't feel brave. I knew before he left that he would be doing the Lord's work, which meant the Lord would protect him.

bkthomas
March 17th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the update Meli...prayers for him always.....

Musical_Starling
March 17th, 2013, 05:34 AM
What a handsome young fellow :) And what great work he's doing too. I understand why you're so proud! I will add him to my prayer list for a safe and successful mission :)