PDA

View Full Version : New Update on Baby Rachel

cyndiofthevortex
March 16th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Hi, friends. For those of you who do not know, my DD is a foster mom and has had a baby here with us (we live in attached houses) for 5 weeks. Baby Rachel just turned one and continues to throw up every day. Bethany is now giving her only 4 oz of formula every 1 1/2 hours to help her digest it. She cannot tolerate any food, even baby food. Today she has had three episodes of diarhea. We are very concerned. Rachel has an appointment on Wednesday with a gastroenterologist. The good news is that she has continued to gain weight under B's care. Pray for the doctors to find out what is wrong, for Rachel to be able to keep her formula down and for B to have the energy to care for her two sons, a homeless 7 year old boy who is staying with them and for Rachel. Amazingly, Rachel continues to be a cheerful, sweet girl who hardly ever fusses. We thank God for her!

shannonsaulter
March 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Prayers being said has she tried lactose free formula

MRoy
March 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Poor little Rachel! I'm glad she has Bethany and all your family to care for her. I'll be praying for you all.

pcbatiks
March 16th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Consider it done.........there is a special place in heaven for Bethany for all her work with foster children. What she is doing is amazing!

Musical_Starling
March 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Prayers always :)

cyndiofthevortex
March 16th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Prayers being said has she tried lactose free formula Yes, she is on lactose free prescription formula.

Musical_Starling
March 16th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Yes, she is on lactose free prescription formula.

I remember one of my teachers in college telling us about his son's allergies. He couldn't take his mother's milk, so they tried formula. Then every type of "free" formula there was until they settled on rice milk. He has allergies to dairy, nuts, soy and gluten (among others I probably don't remember). Poor kid. I hope that's not little Rachel's problem because allergies SUCK! Especially when they're so little and they can't tell you what's wrong.

Lisapc
March 16th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Praying for baby Rachel and that this doctor can really help her. So sad for this child to be experiencing this.

Suzette
March 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
What an angel your daughter is! I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 16th, 2013, 03:48 PM
May God be with you as Bethany seeks an answer for Baby Rachel! And. Prayer that the washing mahine holds up!

Kaytessa
March 16th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Adding my prayers..May the doctors fine the problem, may it be corrected immediately and may your sweet daughter have all the strength and what ever else is needed and you too. We praise God for you all.

bkthomas
March 16th, 2013, 04:12 PM
((((((Bethany)))))))) and ((((((((Cyndi)))))))))

Evilynn
March 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM
:( Poor Rachel! I hope they find the issue soon. Your daughter, the homeless boy and RAchel will be in my thoughts!

alliek
March 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Prayers for this sweet baby, Rachel. She has been placed with your daughter for a reason. That is why she is continuing to gain weight through her problems. You will find the answers.

WendyI
March 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I so wanted to be a foster parent but half way through all the training I had to stop. I just know my heart would break for every single child that came into my care...it takes an incredibly strong person to be able to foster children and then give them up. I just couldn't do it. Kudos to your daughter...she must have a heart of gold!

MayinJerset
March 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Consider it done.........there is a special place in heaven for Bethany for all her work with foster children. What she is doing is amazing!

Prayers are coming for Rachel and your DD as well as she is amazing. May

Jess1377
March 17th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Prayers being said for sure! Poor little Rachel, thank goodness for people like your DD!

dwil23
March 17th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Prayers for all....

SallyO'Sews
March 17th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Praying for you all! Phil. 4:13
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/