PDA

View Full Version : It's always Good News/Bad News, eh?

GuitarGramma
March 15th, 2013, 04:15 PM
My dear quilting friends,

I have been hoping that I'd be able to join you at the M*QC gathering in October. My married daughter and only grandchild live just three hours from M*QC, so I figured I'd make a trip to see her and join you at the gathering.

The bad news is that I will not be there with you.

The good news is that my son-in-law was just given told that when he graduates med school in May, his residency will be just two hours away from us.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My grandson is going to live only two hours away for three whole years. I could not be happier!

Bubby
March 15th, 2013, 04:22 PM
That's too bad you can't join the group in October. I really want to attend, but I can't make plans that far ahead due to my health. I hope it works out for me to pop in, even if for just one day. Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
March 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Well darn, but great! Darn to the first bit of information that you won't be able to join us, and great that they will be living close to you! There's always online shopping!

rebeccas-sewing
March 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM
That's stupendous news! Very happy for you!!!

Lisapc
March 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Congratulations!

Blondie
March 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Oh what wonderful wonderful news! I am over the moon for YOU. There is a special bond with grandparents and I know that the Lord is giving you the desire of your heart. YAY!
I have no plans to attend, unfortunately - the distance is really far for me to leave my Mom for any extended period. But I will be there in spirit, no doubt.

Blessings
Blondie

Monique
March 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
That is great news about your son-in-law and the family being closer.

K. McEuen
March 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM
We will just have to figure out a way to attach a web cam to a hat then have Sandy wear it where ever she goes that week in October. You know everyone will seek Sandy out and with her wearing the cam you'll be able to see all the people that go. I bet Al could whip something together in no time flat.

Glad that your family is moving closer to you though. That's probably a better deal for you than a week in MO anyway. ;)

GuitarGramma
March 15th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Thank you, everyone. We really are excited about them moving so close to us. Truly, the only down side is that I won't make it to M*QC when you're there. I have one more trip to Omaha before they move here, so I think I'll need to take a day in Hamilton. I'll let you all know just in case someone else from the forum will be there, too.

God bless you all.