PDA

View Full Version : Back from the hospital Pt 2.

Evilynn
March 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Hello everybody!

Since I received many many PMs asking me to keep you guys posted, I just decided to open a new topic. :) By the way, thanks again for all your kind interest in my well being, I was overwhelmed! I never expected to find so many caring people here. Thank you so much!

What a suprise, I went to the hospital in Kuopio today in the early morning, all prepared to be taken in. The doctor inspected my breast, told me that it will be gone completely (I knew that already) and informed me that the operation will be on Monday. She also said that it's not necessary for me to stay the weekend, I can come in the morning of Monday and then only need to stay 2-3 nights even! The surgery itself takes around 2 hours.

Well, I also got the info that I don't have breastcancer - just a Sarcoma that happens to be in the breast. It seems that it's not necessarily breast cancer if it's in the breast ... I didn't know that! She also told me that they don't touch my lymphknots - Sarcoma doesn't spread to the lymphies - they spread through the blood anywhere - but she said that my pictures looked quite good. The tumor itself seems to be smaller than expected, only 5,7 cm (I expected it to be huge 15 cm, it felt so big! But the rest seems to be lime (?)). All in all pretty good news!

They said they don't know exactly which Sarcoma (they suspect a malign fibrome sarcoma) it is yet, but it depends on which it is to decide my further treatment. She suggested it's highly likely that I will need radiotherapy but not necessarily chemotherapy. She said perhaps we can avoid it but if they suspect I will benefit from it, I will get that as well.

So yea, quite a novel I typed here but I am feeling quite okay! I know that I have very good chances, it seems we caught that cancer b*****d quite early. :)

Once again, thanks for your prayers and your thoughts, I appreciate it very much! (It has made me feel sooo much better!)

Doloris
March 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
that is great news. So happy to hear that things are turning out better than expected. Just make sure to follow Drs orders and sounds like things are looking good.

bopeep
March 15th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks for updating us........
You have been in my Prayers and I will be Praying as you have your surgery.....
bopeep

Kaytessa
March 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Good news! How wonderful to hear, and will keep you in prayers as you go through this journey. Thank you for keeping us updated.

mom4him
March 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Such good news! Praying for you.

Bubby
March 15th, 2013, 03:07 PM
That's great news, Steffie! I will still be praying for your surgery Monday. Big Hugs, Barb

K. McEuen
March 15th, 2013, 03:34 PM
The news sounds good so far. Hopefully your surgery goes easily as well as your recovery. From what friends have told me the radiation therapy is a lot easier than the chemo. Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Iris Girl
March 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM
great news !!! thank you for keeping us posted

kensington
March 15th, 2013, 03:37 PM
That is great news! Have Peace about it! Yay! Yay! Celebrate!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Wow, that is encouraging news. We are still with you in thoughts and prayers as you undergo the surgery.

Musical_Starling
March 15th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the update :) Prayers continued for surgery and recovery!

Tanya D
March 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
This is very positive news Steffi and I can feel your relief thru your written words. I will be thinking about you on Monday and praying that the surgery goes well and that you will be on the road to a full recovery.

rebeccas-sewing
March 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Evilynn, This is such good news. Been worrying about you. Thanks for filling us in on the findings. Good luck with the surgery. Lots of folks will be praying for you.

Lisapc
March 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I am so happy for you and your family. I am crying happy tears. This is just wonderful. I hope you have an amazing weekend.

Monique
March 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Steffie that is just awesome news. Thanks for letting us know.

Loonwatcher
March 15th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Evilynn, that sounds very encouraging. Wishing the best for your surgery next week and for a speeding recovery. Stay strong. You can do this.

mommadeb
March 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM
That is great news. Hugs and prayers to you and please keep us updated when you are able. We are all thinking of you.

ilive2craft2
March 16th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time to update us - we are all praying for you. I am so happy that the news so far has been good. Listen to the docs and don't try to over do it after surgery. Go into surgery on Monday knowing that your forum family is praying for you.

Sew Perfect
March 16th, 2013, 01:17 AM
I have been thinking about you since I read your last update, to open up my computer and read your new update is a nice surprise! I am so very happy for you! It is such great news, I know it must be a large weight off your shoulders too. Thank you for sharing with us!

Yours,
Misa

phoots
March 16th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Try not to worry this weekend about your upcoming surgery. Relax and have fun!

Pam in Vegas

Madeforyouinma11
March 16th, 2013, 02:23 AM
That's wonderful news! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers for your surgery on Monday straight through to a full recovery.

Donna F
March 16th, 2013, 02:36 AM
I will be doing a lot of praying for you. I'm so glad they are jumping on this fast and not making yoh wait. The last time for me I had to wait a whole month for my surgery and 3 days before it we discovered my gal bladder had to go also. I got a two for one deal that I didn't necessarily want. Wishing you luck and again, my prayers will be with you.
Donna

Evilynn
March 16th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Thank you so much, Ladies! My husband took a look into this forum for the first time because he always thought I'm exaggerating about your kindness and he was baffled. The expression on his face was quite priceless, he would have NEVER thought that a forum exists where people truly care. He only knows his gaming forums and - as you might know - people are not very friendly there.

He was in the examination room with me yesterday and I could also feel that a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders when the doc explained us what's going on. Of course, a sarcoma is nothing to take lightly, it's still serious, but she pointed out that there have been people with a far worse diagnosis than me who were in for a full recovery. That's very encouraging and I know what I fight for! :)

So once again, thanks so much! You truly are my quilting family!

lilmouse
March 16th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Will keep you in prayer until you tell us otherwise...have been thinking about you allot lately...great news thus far!

Cat n bull
March 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
So nice to good such encouraging news!

Will continue to think of you and keep you in my prayers.

MRoy
March 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm glad to hear this news. I'll continue praying for you.

Suzette
March 16th, 2013, 03:40 PM
What hopeful news! It must be quite a relief to you. I will continue to lift you in prayer.

madampolo
March 16th, 2013, 05:00 PM
My mother had a Synovial Sarcoma, so I know about them. Synovial means soft tissue and not in an organ. That sounds like what you have. This is a lot better than breast cancer. I am sure you will have a positive outcome.

Wwena
March 16th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Evilynn that is great news! Thank you fo keeping us posted. I hope the operation goes well and that they don't find anything else. Good chances ftw!!! Speedy recovery in your future, I hope! :) I hope you are having a good weekend with your family, and hope to hear that the surgery went well real soon.

MayinJerset
March 16th, 2013, 09:31 PM
We are all glad the news is so much better than at first but will keep you in our prayers that this is all over soon. Hugs, May in Jersey

Eliza
March 17th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Thank you for the update. I had been wondering how you are doing and I am so pleased things are better than you first thought. Sending more ((((hugs)))) from downunder to help you through your surgery.

WendyI
March 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM
That is encouraging news indeed!! Will wait anxiously to hear how things go!! ((((HUGS)))))

pcbatiks
March 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Glad the hear the encouraging news. Lots of prayers and well wishes for you tomorrow........we will be here when you're up to posting again! I'll be thinking of you.

sewbizzy
March 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Sending prayers your way...hugs and blessings!

Jess1377
March 17th, 2013, 01:47 PM
What good news! I will be saying prayers for you for tomorrows operation! Also, for the dr.s too!

SallyO'Sews
March 17th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks so much, Steffie, for sharing your good news. I will be praying for you as you head into your surgery. Hope you get lots of good rest.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Marmar
March 18th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Steffie - Continued (((hugs))) and prayers for you. Make sure you have lots of help at home after surgery.

Mar

Winniesfriend
March 18th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Thank you for the update, I have been wondering how you were getting on, it is wonderful that you have caught it early, continued hugs and prayers.

auntiemern
March 18th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Sounds promising. Still in my prayers.

Kaytessa
March 18th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Sending prayers for you...May you have peace, speedy healing and home soon in comfort.