PDA

View Full Version : Friday!

Blondie
March 15th, 2013, 06:18 AM

Happy Friday Folksies!

It is that TGIF day. One day closer to Spring. One day closer to getting rid of this cough. For those who remember me worrying about my puny seeds under lights, well, they croaked. Luscious never turned the lights off and they became crispy, dried out critters. It's all his fault. Of course, I tell him, it is always gonna be all his fault. For everything. And then we both giggle. Sometimes, we act childish with each other and enjoy even frustrating, aggravating things by putting them in perspective. I tell you gals, one of the keys to my happiness is this . . . When things get on my nerves, when I want to put the hurting on anyone, a situation that is out of my control, (which is a daily occurrence for me since I am only human and a woman to boot), is ask myself "In the face of eternity, what does this matter." Sort of, kind of like don't sweat the petty things & don't pet the sweaty things.

So, it's Friday! I have it on the expert opinion of our forecasters that we are supposed to have a wonderful sunny weekend with nice temps. I really really want to play outside but I think I will reserve my enthusiasm for a further down the road.

My heart and prayers have been for so many lovely people here on the forum who are hurting for many reasons. Keep your chin up, your hopes higher and breathe deeply. Hugs and blessings to all. And don't forget to smile because it will make you feel better.

Bubby
March 15th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Good Morning, Blondie!

I have been up since about 1:30..I coughed all night and couldn't sleep. I'm beginning to think I have relapsed on the pneumonia. I'm going to try to get in to see the doctor today (good luck with that one!) It took over two weeks to see the doctor with the first go-round.

Miss Molly and I have been embroidering since I got up. She yodeled at me to say she was done sleeping and wanted some company, so she's the supervisor around here.

Coffee is done and it's time to wake my sleeping teddybear. Wishing everyone a great day....Hugs, Barb

rebeccas-sewing
March 15th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Barb, That's too long to wait! Can't you get into an urgent care for some meds until you can get in to see your GP? Considering your situation there should be no sitting around, waiting.

Blondie - It's always a good idea to try and see the brighter side even if it seems absolutely hopeless. After all, what else can one do? It sure doesn't help to tear one's nerves to pieces.

Blondie
March 15th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Barb, I hate that you still are coughing. I am too but I haven't been at it as long as you have. When I carried Mom to the dr's the other day, he said the cough was the last thing to go with what we have had. It is a dry hacking cough that will hit me in spasms. Luscious is FINALLY over his, so I figure mine will go soon enough. The only way I have had the energy to go through the day is to be thankful I have multi vitamins to give me a boost. This has been a nasty thing. Pneumonia is nothing to wink at either. Extra prayers said for you. Take your own advice to me and don't push yourself! I know there is much to be done and none of us like to give into ourselves. Then, we get flat on our backs again. Rest. Lots of juice. Lots of tea with lemon and honey.
Did the dr give you an inhaler? I do believe that helped Luscious.

Hugs to YOU

Blondie

Musical_Starling
March 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Good morning ladies :) Oh how I wish my cough would go away, but after over two years of it I often wonder if it's stuck with me for life! Hopefully the ENT doctor will have some good answers for me next month :)

Blondie, I love your advice and wish more would follow it. My thought is always "in 10 years, will this matter?" and if the answer is no then I forgive and forget and move on :) But in this little province I see so many people getting hung up on little things and so stuck on gossip that you begin to feel sorry for them. DH is native, he's actually Mi'kmaq, and he faces so much racism on a daily basis from the people of this province because they all believe that being native means everything is handed to you and you don't pay taxes, you get a free house and a free car, and let me just say... I WISH! lol But our neighbours won't even talk to us anymore because it's more fun to gossip and make up stories about how dh got a new snowblower from the government (it was actually from Sears, and we paid cash, just like any "white man" lol) But, DH and I both just ignore them as best we can and have even begun to have a good laugh at their expense. We don't get anything else for free, we might as well get a free laugh ;)

I hope you ladies are feeling better soon! Love, hugs, and prayers for all :)

bkthomas
March 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Thank You Blondie and Dee - what the two of you have said means a great deal to me.....
I am grateful for this place we all meet every day.....Bubby feel better, love your avatar of Miss Molly....Rebecca, hope you can get that machine fixed or replaced.
I have been up all night listening to songs on youtube...started with the Staler Brothers...Johnny Cash...Lee Greenwood...and ended with Dolly Parton...oh yeah, Trisha Yearwood too, she came out with "How Do I Live" the same year Bill passed....been missing him and that song is kinda my song. So I will turn in now and I leave you with Dolly's "I Will Always Love You"

Jean Sewing Machine
March 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Hi everybody! Not much sleep last night, dress rehearsal last night, opening night tonight. Dress rehearsal DID NOT go well. Hope the axiom in theatre " bad dress rehearsal, good opening night" holds true in this case, after four months of work! Guess this afternoon might hold some time for a bit of a nap!

So sorry to hear my friends are still under the influence of the nasty flu germs. My one friend here had it, and the cough lingered a very long time. I hope you all can get better soon. It's terrible to spend weeks trying to feel half way decent. Prayers for you all to get better soon!

Hope we see some signs of spring soon. My grandkids are on spring break next week, I'm sure we'll spend some time together during the week. Grandson will be 9 next week, my the years fly by fast!

Have a good day!

yoyoing
March 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Good Morning ALL yes it is going to be a lovly day we need the sunshine. this winter has not been so bad. just a lot of grey days which does not help. but summer is coming. like you blondie I am ready to dig in the dirt. yea I am thankful this morning I woke up on this side of the dirt lol so many too pray for but that is what keeps us going. we just got to remember we are better off than a whole lot of people lots of people are hurting and sad I could could be down but I refuse, My Mother used to say when you have done all you can do just stand we have to stand still and watch God work it out. OR WHEN YOU COME TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE TYE A KNOT IN IT AND HANG ON. did not get to the dr. yesterday I am thinking this rash is hives not any worse but not any better. I been taking a new drug called mobic. and one of the side effect is a rash. so stopping that mess. I am trusting it will be fine. my daughter says I am hard headed lol but she is just like me and oh so perfect I have two daughters and both are wonderful and love me and thier dad so much. BIG THANK YOU LORD THERE i FEEL BETTER ALREADY sorry for long post but I feel like talking lol have a blessed day

LynneLeavell
March 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Hope everyone gets to feeling well. I'm off to today. We have the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop this weekend and I'm starting my first leg of it today. Normally Hubs goes with me when I do the South side and normally I do those stores on Saturday, but because of my Oldest Grandson having a ball game tomorrow I am changing it up and will do the local stores tomorrow and then two farthest out on Sunday when my Husband can drive. So I'm off to get ready and start my fun.

Everyone have safe travels and prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

Monique
March 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Good morning to you all. Last night was a challenge to get Maizyn to bed. We went to exercise class and did not get home until 8:45 and she was EXHAUSTED! She did not want to go to bed, get into her jammies or anything. I got a little cross and that made her cry which broke my heart. I hugged her and kissed her and told her it was okay. I think she forgave me and will still love me today. She was so tired. So that is my world right now. I do have to work tomorrow morning, they were desperate and I hated to say no when she begged just short of going on her knees. I will have to find someone to look after my baby for a while. I am itching to quilt though, but I am just too tired at the end of the day.

I am sorry to hear about those who are sick. Look after yourselves my dear friends.

Lonna
March 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Looks to be a beautiful here this morning. Almost ready to head out the door to work but just wanted to jump in here and check on my friends. We have been very lucky here no one has had the flu that has been going around. Right now our biggest problem is the pollen a lot of sneezing, runny nose, and itchy eyes. As soon as the pines are done doing there thing the oaks will begin.

Time to get the Max out of my lap and out the door have a good one my friends.

buckeyequilter
March 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM

I hope everyone that is under the weather starts feeling better soon. Spring is almost here and I know everyone is wanting to get out of the house. I get cabin fever something fierce about the end of February.

Lynn...have a great day doing the Shop Hop!!

This is filing Friday for me....so I will be taking a lot of breaks because filing is my least favorite job, but it pays the same.

Had to make an appointment to get my washing machine repaired and it won't be until Thursday so I need to go to the laundromat tonight and do a few other things while we're in town. When I get home I will be working on my maple leaf quilt...DH has already claimed it :)

Tomorrow we're planning to go for breakfast and then to a fabric shop and we'll stop at Sportsman's Den so DH can drool on guns (probably not ammo - since it's in short supply). If they do have ammo I know he'll get whatever he's allowed to buy. Maybe we'll go to the sport shop first....hope he buys something so he can sit in the car and play with it while I'm buying fabric :)

Well better get to that filing. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all....

Lisapc
March 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Dee: My Dad's mother was Mi'kmaq. She came here as a little girl because her English Dad couldn't take how his Indian bride was treated. It amazes me the prejudice that is shown to the native people of a country. Then many years later my mother (Italian) was seeing my Dad and her mother freaked out. At first she thought he was black and when she found he was just a tanned Indian she wasn't any happier. Crazy. Then again my Uncle went back to Canada to explore and stayed near Parlee Beach and he said that people were friendly until they looked at his name, Parlee. I don't know what that is about. We have some grumpy, snobby Parlee's here so maybe that is it. Uncle told me not to go up there until I was married and had a different last name.

Hubby had a bad night with the Lil' Guy at baseball. He was really hyper and not paying attention. I feel really bad because he can't help it. Thank goodness it is Friday. I want to sleep in a bit this weekend.

I brought the dogs out for their last business last night and they wouldn't come in. I did and about 1/2 later I heard my Blaze whining and when I brought him in I realized that I never tied him to his cable. He was loose the whole time. Luckily he just wanted to come in and go to bed. We have all kinds of wild animals around here so the though of him loose in the woods scares me. Never mind the busy road I live on. Long, narrow busy cut through road.

I am hanging out at home except for a trip to the post office and grocery store. My big plans for the weekend are sleep, cook, bake and sew. I am hoping to finish catching up on some things.

I hope everyone's machines work flawlessly and that we all feel better and remember that just because you can type something doesn't mean you should! Not caring about someone else's feelings just leaves the door open for someone else not caring about yours.

pcbatiks
March 15th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone................Barb, take it easy and get back to the doctor. Hope you feel better soon. Your avatar of Miss Molly is too cute. Going to an area quilt show this morning to look around. Hope everyone has a good weekend........and thanks for the prayers for my mom.

Musical_Starling
March 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Dee: My Dad's mother was Mi'kmaq. She came here as a little girl because her English Dad couldn't take how his Indian bride was treated. It amazes me the prejudice that is shown to the native people of a country. Then many years later my mother (Italian) was seeing my Dad and her mother freaked out. At first she thought he was black and when she found he was just a tanned Indian she wasn't any happier. Crazy. Then again my Uncle went back to Canada to explore and stayed near Parlee Beach and he said that people were friendly until they looked at his name, Parlee. I don't know what that is about. We have some grumpy, snobby Parlee's here so maybe that is it. Uncle told me not to go up there until I was married and had a different last name.

How crazy. Natives here get dumped on because everyone believes that they don't pay any taxes and get free housing and such. I'm not sure what the reserves are like as DH's family hasn't lived on one for generations, but he's part of a tribe that is not "land based", therefore he gets very little. He gets help with schooling and prescription drugs, but the drug coverage only cuts in after any work insurance has run out (which doesn't happen as DH is on ONE medication, a cheap blood pressure drug). So really at this point, DH has gotten NOTHING in terms of benefits, and yet everyone still dumps on him. Poor guy :( And since I'm so white I make Casper jealous, they never say a word about me. Dumb with a capital D!

CrazyMtnLady
March 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Good Morning all. Jumping on here quick before I have to pack this computer up for DH to take on his weekend out of town. :( I will miss you all until monday.

Lost my D#@N glasses last night. We went to town with the motorcycle/sidecar and I have to wear goggles and can't wear my glasses with them because it hurts. I had my glasses in my purse and some how they must have gotten knocked out of the sidecar. :( So now I am wearing a pair of reading glasses. They work for the computer and reading but that's it. I will have to order a pair offline on Monday. I have my prescription so I can order them. We'll see. It's that or wait until the end of June.

Will try to get some sewing done this weekend since I will be all by myself.. But I should start my spring cleaning. Maybe I'll have to toss a coin. LOL

Have a great day.. Get better Barb!!!
Hugs and prayers to all.

dwil23
March 15th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Good Morning all! Slept in this morning (don't do that very often) I worked Wednesday night (normal day off) and then went to the Quilt Expo yesterday. Lots of fun, too much temptation, and that one piece of fabric kicking me in the head that I didn't buy. Sigh. Last night went to my DS baseball game, out to eat and then grocery shopping so I was running on about 30 hours of no sleep.

It's a beautiful day here. You all made me think of what my Mom used to always say "Oh well, in a hundred years it's not going to matter". Sometimes that used to aggravate me so much. "Well, it does matter NOW" I would tell her. But, in the grand scheme of things, she was right.

Prayers for all who are sick and hurting, I know there are quite a few. Everyone have a great day!

WendyI
March 15th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Morning Everyone!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!! ((((((HUGS)))))) to all who need them. Bubby take care of that cough asap...do NOT mess with a pneumonia relapse...my nephew did that and ended up with sepsis...in hospital draining bags of puss from his lungs for a month! Not fun. Please see your doc asap.

Not such a nice day here today...very dull and grey...expecting 5 cms of snow by noon and I wore sneakers today! DUH! Not sure what I was thinking but the walk to the parking lot tonight will be interesting!

Quiet weekend for us...Scott ran over something and wrecked two front tires so had to replace them....so there's our weekend budget blown. Will work on trying to figure out mitered corners on my borders!! That should take me right on into next month!

Huge Hugs to everyone who needs them. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sharyn J
March 15th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Good Morning ladies! I hope that those of you feeling icky will be on the mend soon. This winter has been a rough one for that pesky cough. Still on the mend myself.

Thank you Blondie for your morning posts. If it weren't for you, I would be probably be on the wrong day of the week again. This week has had two Sundays, no Tuesday, and now it's Friday. Couldn't figure out why none of my programs were on TV last Sunday, then discovered it was Saturday! Skipped Tues. altogether. When you're retired and don't have to get up and go to work, you lose track of the calendar.

Lost my debit card yesterday and went into panic mode. When I realized that I hadn't left the house, I searched everywhere. Finally gave up and called the bank and reported it lost. I knew it wasn't stolen but worried I may have thrown it out with the garbage. Wouldn't you know........I found it two hours later stuck to a Hersey bar on the counter.

Well, I'm off to rip out a border and pray for the "cleaning fairy" to show up soon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

GinnyKNC
March 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Good Morning and it's a bright sunny one here. Too bad I'm stuck working and can't go out and enjoy it, but I need to work to buy more fabric lol. I hope everyone has a beautiful day and a wonderful weekend. Love all the good vibs on 'don't sweat the small stuff' etc. We all need to remember those including myself.

I hope everyone feels better soon! Blessings to all.

Tanya D
March 15th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning quilty friends and happy Friday to all of you!

It's a frosty morning here...all the trees are covered with Hoar Frost. It's pretty but I'd rather see them covered with green leaves. Spring can arrive any time now.

Not much going on in my world. We have no plans for the weekend so I will get some sewing done as well as housework and grocery shopping. The kids are complaining there is no food...sigh.

I would like to get out and see that Oz movie. I hear the 3D is awesome and the colors in the movie are brilliant. Steve isn't sure he wants to see it so I might have to wrangle up a girlfriend and have a girly night!

Steve and Eric are planning on going to the Auto Show in town. They will have a great time and it warms my heart when they do stuff, just the two of them. Steve isn't close to his dad at all and I don't want that to happen with them.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Granny Judy
March 15th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Just getting here... had a bout with a stomach bug yesterday.. It finally left me around 3 a.m. and I got some sleep. Must have been sompthin I ate.

Ya'll are right.. try not to sweat the Small Stuff.. And I swear most things fit into that "small" category when you really stop and think about it. MY Granny told me (when I complained) "You only make life as hard as you want it... so Be Nice and stop FIGHTING with YOURSELF." Sure made me stop and think things thru.. since I was sure I wasn't the problem.

Think I'll just mosey thru today and see what happens. Still got those rubbery legs and feel "empty". Not a day to start any Spring Cleaning Stuff.

Sending out hugs and prayers to all, Ya know Ya want to be remembered and will appreciate a little mention now and then. I know I DO!!

toggpine
March 15th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hello All!
No school today! I slept in about 10 minutes. Why is that? I could sleep an extra hour when I have to be up, but when you are allowed to sleep in, the eyes are popping open when the alarm usually goes off.

We are packing up the painting stuff and heading to Mom's for the day. We are going to paint the bedroom and clean the carpet. Hopefully by the end of the weekend she'll be ready to move into her "new" space. She is shifting bedrooms so she can move around easier after she has her knee replacement in two weeks.

I hope you all have a good day!
Cathy

sally
March 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Going to be a nice day here! Hubby taking yard waste to the drop off today. I am getting off work early today for yes a MAKEOVER! you heard it here first...lol. Well a new haircut for sure. Going to get my hair cut short and colored to a lighter more youthful shade...as my DH said if I don't like it I can always grow it out again. WISH ME LUCK!

shannonsaulter
March 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM
GM all!!! Blondie love that coffee countdown!!!
I am super excited to go to my LQS tomorrow and take them up on
their sale of buy10 yards get 10 free..woohoo!!!!
This will def build my stash and hubby telling me go have funny luv
my big ol teddy bear!!
We have a saying has to do with an old song...we always text or sign ALBM
on stuff to each other. ALBM - A Little Bit More..its a some from Dr.Hook..
Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Blondie
March 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Oh what a giggle I got out of this. That would happen to me of course, meaning finding something near or stuck to a hershey bar. hahaha. Be sure and check in daily but watch out for me; I have been known to lose a day or two now and then.
Blessings!
Blondie

Good Morning ladies! I hope that those of you feeling icky will be on the mend soon. This winter has been a rough one for that pesky cough. Still on the mend myself.

Thank you Blondie for your morning posts. If it weren't for you, I would be probably be on the wrong day of the week again. This week has had two Sundays, no Tuesday, and now it's Friday. Couldn't figure out why none of my programs were on TV last Sunday, then discovered it was Saturday! Skipped Tues. altogether. When you're retired and don't have to get up and go to work, you lose track of the calendar.

Lost my debit card yesterday and went into panic mode. When I realized that I hadn't left the house, I searched everywhere. Finally gave up and called the bank and reported it lost. I knew it wasn't stolen but worried I may have thrown it out with the garbage. Wouldn't you know........I found it two hours later stuck to a Hersey bar on the counter.

Well, I'm off to rip out a border and pray for the "cleaning fairy" to show up soon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Blondie
March 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hope you like your haircut. I have just about convinced one of my clients who is naturally very dark brunette with nasty looking grey hair to go lighter with some highlights. She wouldn't have to worry as much as the roots grow out. She is my age and I do think she would look younger. I am tempted to do a before and after photo on her. LOL.

Going to be a nice day here! Hubby taking yard waste to the drop off today. I am getting off work early today for yes a MAKEOVER! you heard it here first...lol. Well a new haircut for sure. Going to get my hair cut short and colored to a lighter more youthful shade...as my DH said if I don't like it I can always grow it out again. WISH ME LUCK!

Lisapc
March 15th, 2013, 06:51 PM

So how did it come out? My mother has been blond for years and to think she always had black hair was crazy. I am 42 and starting to get some grey on the crown but have a dark auburn hair I add brown to. I am going to have to see what hair color would look more youthful.

As for the days of the week. I am never truly sure what day it and haven't since "97".

sally
March 15th, 2013, 11:00 PM
It turned out great. Very pleased. My hair was too long before and always tied back. I saw the cut I wanted on a news anchor lady who has the same face shape...I have a strong jaw. Anyhow it turned out nice. I normally have drab brown hair and got light and dark blond foils. I'm fifty something...lol and I feel I look younger and DH agrees!

pcbatiks
March 16th, 2013, 12:06 AM

Too funny..........do all debit cards come stuck to a Hershey bar..........because I must have the wrong kind of card! :D