PDA

View Full Version : This forum is my life, my family!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
I bring up names of members of my forum at the family gatherings. I care about each and every person on this forum. You are like my family. Please, let us not use the forum as a place to air personal feelings about other forum members. If I were the MSQC, I certainly would not want to support such a venue if it disintigrated into a personal attack platform.

This is really a call for civility in all that you say. Let's "right the ship" before it sinks.

auntiemern
March 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Amen, and pass the gin.

mommadeb
March 14th, 2013, 06:45 PM
What the heck is going on? I think I have missed a lot of something.

Monique
March 14th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Amen sister.

Blondie
March 14th, 2013, 06:47 PM

and that is the end of the story for me. I like happy endings.

Lisapc
March 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Jean, I am in agreement. The outright personal attacked and veiled attacks need to stop. When the same thing is said over and over we kind of know who the offender is talking about.

We are adults no longer the Jr. High school kids that embarrassed their parents. I have been embarrassed for too many members lately.

Keep the negativity to yourself. Bite your tongue, don't type it. Just because you think it is so doesn't make it so and you can't dictate how other people spend their time or money. You will never know another member like you think you do unless you are in their daily life.

SuzyQue
March 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Jean----I could not agree more! My family has gotten use to lots of your names dropping into lunch conversations, so much so that when my DD returned from college she had to ask who we were talking about. A lot of you are family to me! We not only talk about your beautiful projects, your new babies, your sadness................we also pray for you. Some of your phrases are beginning to spring to our lips. We have looked up cities and countries that you live in and read up on your holidays and traditions. We have cooked your recipes and laughed at your jokes! My family has been blessed by this forum in numerous ways..................so I/we beseech you.........please keep it a lovely, kind, thoughtful place to visit.

Iris Girl
March 14th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I was at work ll day and it seems I missed something. This forum is family , and my family and quilting girls are also used to hearing some names of my quilty sisters. Lets not tarnish this beautiful forum we have here. we are all well past grade school, so if you can't say something nice about someone , don't say it . zip the lip, walk away from your computer, go look in the mirror and say it to yourself. come back here only when you can smile and be friendly with everyone.

bkthomas
March 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Jean, I am in agreement. The outright personal attacked and veiled attacks need to stop. When the same thing is said over and over we kind of know who the offender is talking about.

We are adults no longer the Jr. High school kids that embarrassed their parents. I have been embarrassed for too many members lately.

Keep the negativity to yourself. Bite your tongue, don't type it. Just because you think it is so doesn't make it so and you can't dictate how other people spend their time or money. You will never know another member like you think you do unless you are in their daily life.

Thank You Lisapc!!!

yoyoing
March 14th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I would not trade this forum for anything since I joined I have been lifted up I know there are prayer warriors in here. and I thank you all for your prayers. I don't know you all but I feel like I am part of the family.

Roxanne
March 14th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I completely agree. If someone says something we find offensive, just move on and ignore it.

EnumclawGramma
March 14th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I bring up names of members of my forum at the family gatherings. I care about each and every person on this forum. You are like my family. Please, let us not use the forum as a place to air personal feelings about other forum members. If I were the MSQC, I certainly would not want to support such a venue if it disintigrated into a personal attack platform.

This is really a call for civility in all that you say. Let's "right the ship" before it sinks.

Yup, totally in agreement with ya Jean! Bless your heart. My family also knows quite a few of you by name. It took them awhile to adjust to the fact that I have a friendship with these lovely people I have never met, but now when I talk about you all....they KNOW. Love it here. Let's keep it that way!

EnumclawGramma
March 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Amen, and pass the gin.

LOL Marilyn....have I told you lately that I love you? :icon_tup:

RachelMichelle
March 14th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I so wish there were no bad or mean people and things in this world, I think a lot of people need to think before they speak. I have never had any trouble on the forum and hope I have never offended anyone with anything I have said, I love looking on here, getting inspired and being around so many wonderful women(and men).

T-is it True
H-is it Helpful
I-is it Inspiring
N-is it Necessary
K-is it Kind
Thought some of you would like this, not just for the forum but for everyday, I try to tell this to my kids at the After School Program if they are tattling or talking about someone.

Lisapc
March 14th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I so wish there were no bad or mean people and things in this world, I think a lot of people need to think before they speak. I have never had any trouble on the forum and hope I have never offended anyone with anything I have said, I love looking on here, getting inspired and being around so many wonderful women(and men).

T-is it True
H-is it Helpful
I-is it Inspiring
N-is it Necessary
K-is it Kind
Thought some of you would like this, not just for the forum but for everyday, I try to tell this to my kids at the After School Program if they are tattling or talking about someone.

You my dear are brilliant and are going to go very far in life.

RachelMichelle
March 14th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Well thank you Lisa, I can't say I made it up, I got if off Pinterest, lol, but it is very true!

auntiemern
March 14th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Love you too Libby :)
LOL Marilyn....have I told you lately that I love you? :icon_tup:

pcbatiks
March 14th, 2013, 11:10 PM

T-is it True
H-is it Helpful
I-is it Inspiring
N-is it Necessary
K-is it Kind

Rachel........thanks for posting this.........an excellent reminder for all of us. :)

MRoy
March 14th, 2013, 11:31 PM
I agree with Jean and others 100%. Rachel is soooo right! Think before you speak!

bkthomas
March 14th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Ok, have made good use of the ignore option.......

bkthomas
March 16th, 2013, 12:09 AM

Yes, I do agree with this totally......but I will say this
The veiled attacks went on and on and on,day after day - EVERY DAY- and NO ONE said anything....I have been deeply hurt and I want everyone to know that I was hurt.....oh yes there were some comments telling the other person, but that went totally over their head.
I finally called this person on it and made NO Bones about it - it was promptly removed.

My Sincerest Apologies to all of you who who are confused....I will never mention this again.

Hawaii Roxy
March 16th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Wow ummm Im really REALLY new here and only "joined " because my sister made a quilt for my retired Army son. I come here from time to time just to look at all the pretty quilts,crafts etc,and because my sister likes all the ladies on here and now I see this. I just wanna say to Kathy Im sorry for whatever has been said ,and a little confused as I was under the impression this was a adult forum not petty snotty mean sniping. MY Sister was bullied in Jr High and nobody said nothing in her defense,so Im taking it upon myself to come to her defense and say Kathy is awesome!!! She dont deserve people being catty ,so now I have said my piece and I may be out of place but I felt the need to say something . Kathy is sooo sweet and giving she spends countless hrs making Military quilts for my sons and my husband,shes lifted me up while both my son and husband were deployed at the same time,so shes no stranger to heartache .Please stop and be nice because she is truly a awesome lady. :)

Evilynn
March 16th, 2013, 06:11 AM
It seems I have missed something. Anyway, I would like to hope that this forum is a place that cares and stays that way. Please, whoever had the urge to attack another forum member, don't, just don't. This is an encouraging place to come to and perhaps show off your work, get praised for it (even if you think it's awful, but it keeps you going and improving!) share a part of your personal life if you like, seek for mental support and a prayer if in need and also share JOY. This is far more than just a plain hobby forum, I hope it stays that way!

All of you ladies are truly unique and awesome!

Iris Girl
March 16th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I don't understand what is wrong with people, everyone here is always so nice and helpful. Why if you have nothing good to say , shut up don't say it. This is a place for encouragement and friendship.There are so many good things here lets not ruin it with one or two nasty people.If you feel bad and need to say something nasty , don't do it here . Go look in the mirror, take a long hard look and speak those nasty words to yourself if there is a need to say them. But better yet ask yourself what you gain by saying such nasty things to people ? Ok i'll shut up now. Kathy is a sweet person, as are most I have met here. Lets keep it that way please

patchiereggie
March 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
You are so right.

dizzyLiz
March 16th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Ok trouble makers, read the previous post: Enough is ENOUGH. You want to be kind, by all means stay and play with us. You want to be hurtful, catty, or unkind, then you really need to go elsewhere. The majority don't go for these games.Again read all of the previous post. Ok, thats my vote. ENOUGH

To Kathy and any others, I'm sorry you were hurt. I don't get to read many of the post, but I have read enough to see some folks getting out of hand. Ignore is a powerful tool.

Huggs to all

Hulamoon
March 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I missed it too, but whatever it was or is I wish it goes away. How come this happened all of a sudden?

Lisapc
March 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I missed it too, but whatever it was or is I wish it goes away. How come this happened all of a sudden?

The first few months I was here I never saw this. But then slowly I saw a couple of new people enter with guns blazing. They must have thought that we were like every other forum. He who is nastiest wins. I also saw snippets of a couple forum members that really aren't new being not so nice. I know I mostly ramble but sometimes I can be quick and to the point. I at first thought that was what those moments were about and then I started to see the real nasty juvenile theme. It just needs to stop.

We are what we make of ourselves and I don't want to be embarrassed anymore. By the way do you know the meaning of assumption? It means making an a** out of you and me.

Renate
March 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Sometimes beeing stupid and not up-to-date is a grace. Therefor thanks I did not read of what is going on at the negativ side. For me you are all always kind, helpful and friendly. I like to share a part of my life with you and like, that you share yours with me. Everything anybody tells me is at a good place, honored and not talked about with third persons. This is a basic assumption how I understand the intercourse with each other.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 16th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Sometimes beeing stupid and not up-to-date is a grace. Therefor thanks I did not read of what is going on at the negativ side. For me you are all always kind, helpful and friendly. I like to share a part of my life with you and like, that you share yours with me. Everything anybody tells me is at a good place, honored and not talked about with third persons. This is a basic assumption how I understand the intercourse with each other.
Good plan! I wouldn't let it get you involved, we want to move on!

K. McEuen
March 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM

I chalk it up to winter blues and cabin fever. Something you wouldn't know about since you live in Hawaii! Maybe we all need to come and winter with you. ;)

BMG Gran
March 17th, 2013, 05:21 AM
I lurked here for a few months before joining. I finally did about a month ago, but after reading this, I am not sure I want to stay. It looks to me like there are several 'juvenile' members, that complain about other members. I am not even sure I want to stay. I have also noticed that just a few people post regularly, and they seem to run the forum. Maybe I was wrong about the good things I had heard about about the people here. I haven't seen much love going around. And that is the kind of place I was looking for.
The first few months I was here I never saw this. But then slowly I saw a couple of new people enter with guns blazing. They must have thought that we were like every other forum. He who is nastiest wins. I also saw snippets of a couple forum members that really aren't new being not so nice. I know I mostly ramble but sometimes I can be quick and to the point. I at first thought that was what those moments were about and then I started to see the real nasty juvenile theme. It just needs to stop.

We are what we make of ourselves and I don't want to be embarrassed anymore. By the way do you know the meaning of assumption? It means making an a** out of you and me.

Musical_Starling
March 17th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I lurked here for a few months before joining. I finally did about a month ago, but after reading this, I am not sure I want to stay. It looks to me like there are several 'juvenile' members, that complain about other members. I am not even sure I want to stay. I have also noticed that just a few people post regularly, and they seem to run the forum. Maybe I was wrong about the good things I had heard about about the people here. I haven't seen much love going around. And that is the kind of place I was looking for.

Please don't let the mistakes of a few sully the great reputation that this place deserves. There have been a few cheap shots taken as of late, but don't let that take presidence over the kindness and generosity that also runs rampant through this forum. Blondie and co. create their Circles of Comfort quilts and they get mailed all over the world to someone who needs a quilted hug. Marilyn (auntiemern) and co. create quilts for a local children's hospital that help bring a little warmth and joy to a child when they need it the most. There have been many quilts made by other groups (such as the Cancer Warriors) that have also been delivered all over the world. We have members who constantly send random items to other members simply as a "pay it forward" with no want or desire to receive something in return. Kathy (bkthomas) just received a Dresden book that she's been lusting after. CJ received a Shape Cut ruler. Anna has received a BILLION hexagons (okay, that may be an exaggeration, but a LOT! lol). We lift eachother up in prayer when someone is experiencing hardships, we laugh together, and we cry together. THAT is what this forum is about, and that is what makes this place great. Don't let the actions of a few cloud your vision so you are unable to see the great people we have here and the great things that have come from this forum. We really are a loving group, and that is what we should all be focusing on.

WendyI
March 17th, 2013, 10:05 AM

If you lurked here for a few months then you KNOW this is a good place. I don't know what benefit your post has. This is an incredibly awesome, helpful and friendly place. I am new here as well and although there has been the odd tiff now and then I have been constantly surprised that so many women (with the odd man tossed in) could function together for so long WITHOUT getting their panties in a knot from time to time. While I don't partake in that kind of snively, teen behaviour, I'm hardly ever surprised when it happens.

If you choose to leave because of one incident, that is of course your choice. But the world could sorely use less people blaming everyone because of one bad apple. I suggest THIS is THE place to start that "new" old tradition.

yoyoing
March 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM
If you lurked here for a few months then you KNOW this is a good place. I don't know what benefit your post has. This is an incredibly awesome, helpful and friendly place. I am new here as well and although there has been the odd tiff now and then I have been constantly surprised that so many women (with the odd man tossed in) could function together for so long WITHOUT getting their panties in a knot from time to time. While I don't partake in that kind of snively, teen behaviour, I'm hardly ever surprised when it happens.

If you choose to leave because of one incident, that is of course your choice. But the world could sorely use less people blaming everyone because of one bad apple. I suggest THIS is THE place to start that "new" old tradition.

you go girl I for one can't hardly wait to read this forum in the morning I am 68 years old I used to read the death announcements first thing LOL no more love this forum and everyone on it lik e that phase (pantiees in a KNOT ) STILL LAUGHING OUT LOUD

Evilynn
March 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Exactly. I am reading this forum A LOT - and I happen to have missed whatever has happened.

RiverMomm
March 17th, 2013, 11:12 AM
LOL to the comment about the men. Now guys, don't read that wrong . . . we love you!

And I agree, this is a great place. While we may be having some growing pains, it will work out if we try to be nice and sometimes turn the other cheek. Remember, we all have 4 cheeks. :)

Lisapc
March 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
A few people do post a lot and no one member runs the forum.

Blondie: She usually starts the day with a good morning to us all. That good morning is a very nice thing to start your day with and a lot of us look forward to it.

We are all here together and although some of us talk/type a lot believe me no one person is in charge of anything.

99.9% of the women I have encountered here are the most kind, loving, supportive and fun women I have ever met. I honestly did not know a group of mainly women like this could exist.

The charity work and prayers for our members who need it amaze me. This is the best group that there is and we are open to every member with the same caring that we give our senior members who need us.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Let's give our forum a chance to heal and continue to welcome members in, and learn from each other as we develop our quilting skills. Forgiving past hurts is not easy, but it is necessary for personal peace of mind. Holding on to hurts really takes its toll on a person, and you are hurting yourself if you do that.

And everyone, get those UFOs out and start working on them, we need a log more show and tells to boost our spirits! For me, there is nothing more elating than that first snuggle under a new lap quilt, or a night under a new bed quilt. Better yet, see the joy in the eyes of someone who you have made a quilt for, and know that they will love it! What we do with our quilting skills is something that not everyone can do!

pdjewelrylady
March 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM
GREAT idea ms Jean - you are so smart!! :icon_woohoo: its spring and time to get a couple of the UFOs out and give them some tlc while looking forward to the next new project ..... for me that is the butterflies in the garden swap blocks which will be my new garden blanket for this summer :D

lets see.... sandwiched polka dot blocks will be FUN for today!! no something green and filled with gold coins! !!

I love you my quilty lady friends here on MSQC forum!! :icon_hug: y'all make this a favorite place to hangout!!

pcbatiks
March 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks Jean.......well said. BMG Gran, we hope you stick around. This forum can really lift your spirits on a bad day or make you laugh and improve your day........not to mention all the great ideas that are posted everyday. If you see some member names more than others...it's just because some post a every day, some occasionally and some very little. That is one thing I like about this forum........someone who is a brand new forum member can jump in and start a discussion or a group or post pictures in the same way that anyone else can......no matter how long you have been here. Take a look through the groups or swaps...you might find something that you like.

I love this forum.......this is where I have my breakfast on most mornings! Oh.....by the way.......it's because of this forum I don't get more sewing done! :D Hope you all have a good week!

MayinJerset
March 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Don't know what happened, computer was down, but I wish everything gets back to normal ASAP. I also have my breakfast here most moringings because I like to start my days off with smiles and good wishes. May in Jersey

GrammaBabs
March 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hello there... just remember... some of us are"older" and do not work and like ME.... have trouble sometimes "stepping away from the computer"...LOL... those that know me,, know that this place has helped me thru,,, bad times with my son,,, cleaning up a terribly , out of control sewing room... RA and a new hip... and just plain cases of the blues now and then... We are family , as the song goes, and it's one of my very favorites...
We are who we are,,, mostly very greatful to a family named "Doan" that has brought us all together in their endeavor to create and grow a wonderful, family business... it's built on love and trust and it's worked well for them....:)

pcbatiks
March 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hey Babs........Thanks, now we have a name for the condition............SAFC Syndrome. :D I know that I suffer from SAFC......Stepping Away From Computer Syndrome..........and I know I'm not the only one. So are you finished with that sewing room yet?

GinnyKNC
March 17th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks Jean :) Well said and I so agree. I love this forum so let's not turn it into FB :) Happy St. Patricks Day to all and Happy Quilting :)

Jess1377
March 17th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Hey Babs........Thanks, now we have a name for the condition............SAFC Syndrome. :D I know that I suffer from SAFC......Stepping Away From Computer Syndrome..........and I know I'm not the only one. So are you finished with that sewing room yet?

Ooohhhh, thats the name of it... now I can tell my DH what my problem really is ;)

Hmm... I think I missed something too if this was a recent episode. But I can attest to the kindness here, friendships, and inspiration that is found in abundance here rather than the negativity. I liked what another member said, about some newbies coming here guns a blazing assuming this is a typical forum. Hopefully we can rise above that and from now on and remain positive ~ I'm sure you've heard the phrase "kill 'em with kindness". Maybe we can keep that in mind when we come across the negativity and whomever will hopefully be surprised with the response? I dont know... maybe not, but at least it wouldnt be from a lack of trying to help the person see negativity isnt necessary to move ahead, especially here.

Lindagie
March 17th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I missed it all too, but maybe that is a good thing. Hope everyone and everything is back to normal by now. I also like to see what is going on in the mornings that I am home when I really need to be cleaning the house or quilting.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks Jean :) Well said and I so agree. I love this forum so let's not turn it into FB :) Happy St. Patricks Day to all and Happy Quilting :)

My thoughts exactly!

Genny
March 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
My thoughts exactly!

Mine too:icon_bigsmile:

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM
It's funny, I feel like I'm sitting in the Doan's home when I come on this forum. I know they are fine upstanding business people, who are a lot of fun, and yet have propriety! We are guests in their home, they are paying for us to use this forum website to build a strong community based on our love of quilting. Remember who are our hosts! It's Jenny and Ron Doan, and their wonderful kids, not some entitity headed by a multibillionaire, Mark Zuckerberg! So we should speak and talk and care for each other like our mentor Jenny cares for all of us. We owe it to that wonderful family in respect for all they have given to us.

GinnyKNC
March 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
It's funny, I feel like I'm sitting in the Doan's home when I come on this forum. I know they are fine upstanding business people, who are a lot of fun, and yet have propriety! We are guests in their home, they are paying for us to use this forum website to build a strong community based on our love of quilting. Remember who are our hosts! It's Jenny and Ron Doan, and their wonderful kids, not some entitity headed by a multibillionaire, Mark Zuckerberg! So we should speak and talk and care for each other like our mentor Jenny cares for all of us. We owe it to that wonderful family in respect for all they have given to us.

{{{HUGS}}} Jean :) You're the bestest and we all so owe them the respect they have earned {{{HUGS}}}

Musical_Starling
March 17th, 2013, 02:11 PM

I don't drink, but honey, I'll drink to that! :icon_tup:

ilive2craft2
March 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I love this forum and I try to read it every day at least for a bit and I have to admit that I don't know what is going on, but I think it is better that way. I hope that whatever is going on stops right now or that it was a misunderstanding. I know I have a sarcastic bend to my humor and it doesn't always come across right in the written form. I am one of the newer members and hopefully, I have not offended anyone! Lisa

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2013, 02:26 PM
We are all better to just move on and not dwell on the past.

auntiemern
March 17th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Wise words my friend. That is what I am doing, on, up, and out.
We are all better to just move on and not dwell on the past.

kensington
March 17th, 2013, 06:45 PM

Hey! Welcome! We both live in the KC area! There's a lot of love here. I've received a ton of support since joining. The way I look at it is, God puts me where He wants me for my best future. It doesn't matter if someone else believes that, as long as I do. He can use me just as I am, and use those around me to bring me farther in the direction he is leading me.

There is a lot of people here, so it may take a while to get to know a bunch of people, but getting to know a few at a time is really a wonderful way to go! There is a lot of support and talent here too. So much to learn. Hang in there, God Bless.

bkthomas
March 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Hey! Welcome! We both live in the KC area! There's a lot of love here. I've received a ton of support since joining. The way I look at it is, God puts me where He wants me for my best future. It doesn't matter if someone else believes that, as long as I do. He can use me just as I am, and use those around me to bring me farther in the direction he is leading me.

There is a lot of people here, so it may take a while to get to know a bunch of people, but getting to know a few at a time is really a wonderful way to go! There is a lot of support and talent here too. So much to learn. Hang in there, God Bless.

BMG Gran, I saw some of your other posts and thought to myself, hmmm, she and kensington would get along great together!

Hulamoon
March 17th, 2013, 07:15 PM
lol Kathy I'm going to move out of here before it shuts down.

I just love you all Peace out :)

Winniesfriend
March 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I have not been around much for the last week so I have obviously missed something that has been going on, I love this forum and the wonderful generous people that are on here. I think we should all listen to thumper and my mum.

kensington
March 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
BMG Gran, I saw some of your other posts and thought to myself, hmmm, she and kensington would get along great together!

Why thank you! Your friendship and support has meant everything to me! Oh and your talent! Oh and Ok... your beauty too! But, wait... your humor is great! Oh sheesh... I just love everything about you darlin! I hope our quilt shops are on the same street in Heaven!

bkthomas
March 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM
:0 Awww...shucks

pcbatiks
March 17th, 2013, 08:29 PM

Jean....a great description of the wonderful forum that the awesome Doan family provide for us!

CrazyMtnLady
March 17th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Sometimes I am glad my DH goes away and takes the computer with him, and I miss the petty, unnecessary things that are said.

BellasQuilts
March 17th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Well, I missed whatever it was and very glad I did. Jean, keep us focused; Blondie, start us up every day; Sandy, keep us laughing, and I could go on!! My DH knows you all by name as well, and sometimes I read the silly things to him and he gets a kick out of it. I like the idea we are in the Doan house, well said. Stay the course, people, stay the course! There are quilts to be made for family, the needy, the hurt and the abandoned. That is enough for us to focus on, me thinks? Happy St. Patty's Day from someone so Irish I should be green!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 17th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Well, I missed whatever it was and very glad I did. Jean, keep us focused; Blondie, start us up every day; Sandy, keep us laughing, and I could go on!! My DH knows you all by name as well, and sometimes I read the silly things to him and he gets a kick out of it. I like the idea we are in the Doan house, well said. Stay the course, people, stay the course! There are quilts to be made for family, the needy, the hurt and the abandoned. That is enough for us to focus on, me thinks? Happy St. Patty's Day from someone so Irish I should be green!Thanks, Bella!

WendyI
March 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Honestly...if there have been mods assigned then I think this would be the time to just shut this thread down.

I don't know what happened and don't much care anymore. This forum is great and if you don't like someone or someone doesn't like you, it's simple to use the ignore function. I haven't seen any one say really mean things so I don't get this whole bickering thing. I'm sorry you don't like the love-fest Marilyn and I'm sorry that you feel you were attacked, and if you were, well that's just wrong as well. No one should be uncomfortable speaking their mind if it's done with good intentions.

That being said,...if mods have been assigned...now's the time.