PDA

View Full Version : Thankful Thursday

SallyO'Sews
March 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Last Thursday I posted about being thankful, and someone (Deb?) said we should remind ourselves every Thursday to be thankful.

Sooo... I am thankful for my wall calendar. About ten minutes ago, I was thinking about what I would post tomorrow morning, and then I looked up and realized ...

IT'S ALREADY THURSDAY!! :icon_doh:

I'm also thankful for song birds. All winter I have been visited by cardinals, tufted titmice, chickadees, nuthatches, sparrows, and the occasional downy woodpecker. Today I saw a robin, which means spring really is on its way, even though it is COLD here, and we may get more of that white stuff next week.

And as always, I am thankful for my quilty friends - I hope you are blessed, as you have already been a blessing!

~ Sally \0/

Musical_Starling
March 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I love the Thankful Thursday idea! Hmm, let's see... Today I am thankful for soft kitties, and a warm, quiet home in a very quiet neighbourhood. I am thankful for DH and our families. I am thankful for a new computer that allows me to get back on top of things. And I am thankful for all of the friends I have met here :) Although we have never met face to face I feel as though we have all known eachother a lifetime. And of course thankful for the Doans, as without them none of this would be possible :D

kensington
March 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Today I am thankful that the sun is out, it's like spring here, and I heard birds singing in my woods! I feel like Cinderella! Thank you God!

cyndiofthevortex
March 14th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread and stop people from posting everyday things that they are thankful for, so please don't let that happen, but I am thankful for a really BIG thing. My son's best friend was in a car accident last Saturday night. His car completely crumbled around him. His left side has a broken femur, arm, ribs and a collapsed lung. He suffered a concussion. But he is alive! The docs said he should make a full recovery. I am thankful that God preserved his precious life. His name is Jeff and he is 20 years old if you want to pray for him.

kensington
March 14th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Cyndi... always glad and thankful when God saves a life. Human error can bring such grief, I'm so thankful that God steps in and provides. Great thing to be thankful for!

RachelMichelle
March 14th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Don't you just love that feeling, I had it yesterday when I thought it was Tuesday but it was really Wednesday, GREAT feeling. I am thankful next week is spring break, I get somewhat of a break and more sewing time!

pcbatiks
March 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Great idea Sally........I forgot to post last week but I do remember reading some of those post .........especially Lisa's. I am thankful everyday for my wonderful husband.........thankful for gorgeous weather today........and thankful for good health..........and as always this forum and forum friends!

auntiemern
March 14th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I am thankful right now for the ability to keep my mouth shut and fingers from typing what I really want to say. Also thankful for my GK's, DD and DH. Thankful for the "good,caring, and giving" people of this forum.

ilive2craft2
March 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I am thankful for this weekly Thankful Thursday thread! It is a great reminder to stop and take a moment to think about the things we are most thankful for....

I am thankful for this forum and all of the friends I have met on here - I feel like I know so many of you already! Also thankful that my mom's foot is finally healing from her fall at the end of December and is now settling in to her new assisted living appartment. Lisa

Cat n bull
March 14th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I am sitting here hungry right now and I am SO very thankful that finding something to eat is not something I have to worry about. I am truly blessed and grateful for it.

Roxanne
March 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I'm thankful for the robins in the yard. That means spring is almost here!

Monique
March 14th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread and stop people from posting everyday things that they are thankful for, so please don't let that happen, but I am thankful for a really BIG thing. My son's best friend was in a car accident last Saturday night. His car completely crumbled around him. His left side has a broken femur, arm, ribs and a collapsed lung. He suffered a concussion. But he is alive! The docs said he should make a full recovery. I am thankful that God preserved his precious life. His name is Jeff and he is 20 years old if you want to pray for him.

I am thankful for this young man as well.

Monique
March 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I am thankful I am a cancer survivor and that I am here to love and enjoy my little granddaughter and the rest of my family of course.

Evilynn
March 14th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm thankful that I have an adorable daughter, a lovely husband who cares so much, In-laws taht care about us so much, a mother that makes sure I am emotionally happy and a father that makes sure I am financally happy. I am thankful that I have 2 soft furry friends who recognise very quickly if I feel sad or disappointed and come to comfort and cuddle me or even try to make me laugh with playing silly games with their paws. I am thankful that I have the possibility to enjoy sauna every day if I want, that I have a huge garden, for shimmering snowflakes (that hopefully disappear at some point ;)) and days that become brighter and longer and longer.

And of course I am thankful for all you people that have a big heart and care! Thank you!

SuzyQue
March 14th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I am thankful for so many things today, the people that I love and love me back, the friends that I have met on here, food, warm home, spring birds singing in the sunshine, health, happiness..............but today, just today, my nephew has been put on hospice. I am so thankful that he has been able to endure with his glioblastoma ( a type of brain cancer) and has survived for over 2 1/2 years. He has a sweet wife and a beautiful daughter that is about to turn 4. His living has provided many great memories for that precious family. May he go in peace to a better place.

Lisapc
March 14th, 2013, 06:57 PM

It is always good to be thankful for a miracle.

I am thankful that my hubby is alive, healthy and happy and I am thankful for my daughter, son and two granddaughters, my friends here and in the flesh and my dogs and my yard that I will be digging in soon and more clarity about a career direction.

EnumclawGramma
March 14th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I'm thankful to be married to a wonderful man, (who loves that I quilt!) That all my kids are happy and doing (for the most part) what they want with life. I'm thankful for this forum, because you are the first people I hear from in the morning and that always gets my day off to a good start! I am really thankful that Spring is jussst around the corner!

lindaw724472002
March 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I am thankful for this forum and the wonderful people on here. I have just resently found out my kidney cancer has returned and now it in my left kidney. I lost my right kidney to cancer in 2010. When I lost my right kidney they had no drug to help. Now they have a new set of drugs that they are having good results from. Hopefully they will help me keep my kidney and not have to go on diaylsis. Not a journey I want to take. I would like for you to remember me in your prayers that I can always be thankful for each day. Linda

pcbatiks
March 14th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Linda..........prayers going out to you.

MRoy
March 14th, 2013, 11:52 PM
I'm thankful to have so many wonderful folks come into my life every day here on the forum. I'm thankful that I haven't taken a full-blown cold like I thought might be coming on. I'm thankful to be able to wake up and smell the coffee every morning. Every day is a blessing if we let it be.

auntiemern
March 15th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Prayers going up and will be continued. So sorry to hear this.
I am thankful for this forum and the wonderful people on here. I have just resently found out my kidney cancer has returned and now it in my left kidney. I lost my right kidney to cancer in 2010. When I lost my right kidney they had no drug to help. Now they have a new set of drugs that they are having good results from. Hopefully they will help me keep my kidney and not have to go on diaylsis. Not a journey I want to take. I would like for you to remember me in your prayers that I can always be thankful for each day. Linda

CountryHut
March 15th, 2013, 12:55 AM
- right this minute - I am thankful for Girl Scout cookies - oooHmYGosh -- they are just yummy :)