PDA

View Full Version : I won't have it!

Divine Daisy
March 14th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I have kept quiet all day but I am going to burst if I don't say something.

As I do not wish to make a mess of the carpet ( which still needs vacuming btw) I AM going to say something.

Sandy is a well respected member of this forum, treasured for her humour, solid advice and heart felt support to other members new and old. The very first 'hug' quilt done on this forum was the Cancer Warrier Quilt. Sandy made a group and ran it in a straightforward and calm way. All of those who took part made lovely blocks, often outside their comfort zone and put their heart and soul into it. Sandy put the quilt together and made a beauitful and well loved quilt which has brough comfort and has lifted the hearts of those who recieved it.

How do I know this? Because Mr Daisy and I were the ones who were the lucky lucky recipients of this soft warm pile of love. The quilt has been to hospital with Mr D and with myself. It has kept each of us warm as we lay feeling horrid on the sofa after chemo or operations and it is on our bed every single night. We love it, the people who made it but most especially the clever and wonderful wonam who made it happen. Sandy Navas.

It appears that Sandy has been attacked by a new member for a badly run group and told she is a b*tch and does not belong in a compasionate group such as Cancer Warriers. Sandy IS that group and without her it would never have existed.

To the person who has caused all this distress, please when you join a forum such as this, take the time to learn about the people here. Do not on your first day throw your weight and opinions about without first making sure that those opinions are based on solid fact. This is a caring and loving forum for those who are interested in quilting, but it has grown into much much more than that. The people here have shown such empathy to so many that no one would ever know that most had never met each other.

When you toss a stone into still and calm water the ripples reach places you would not imagine and this is what has happened in this case. Mr Daisy is again facing the fear and horror of his cancer returning. I myself am now terminal and the quilt that was made for us by so many and sent by one particular special lady is precious to us. I WILL NOT have that sullied by this sort of attack.

Please remember that there are real people behind the keyboards that are used to post here. Real feelings and real friendships are effected by what is said here. Sandy and Mr Daisy have both been very very upset by this and I won't have it. I won't have either of them upset. Me? I am a big enough b*tch to say that I won't have it and mean it.

Ok now that I have saved my carpet from futher mess I would like to leave you with a reminder of a lovely man under a beautiful quilt which was made and sent with such love and I will let the matter rest there.

rebeccas-sewing
March 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'm sure we all agree 100% with what you've said. I know I do for sure! Love to you and the Mister!

Musical_Starling
March 14th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I agree 100% as well and cannot add anything as you covered all the bases :) I was not a member of that group, but I have been quite an active member of our little group and I have to say that I love our dear Sandy as if we had been friends for life, and I feel that way toward most of our members.

So with that, I stand beside our lovely Daisy and say that I won't have it either!! Hugs to you Daisy, and Mr. D, and our dear Sandy who brings more laughter to my day than any paid comedian ever could ;)

Swedish leo
March 14th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hear hear!! I second everything You said!

Sandy is an Amazing person and so are you and mr D and everyone else that I have met here on this forum.

This is the place I go to when I am happy and when I am down and in need of kinde words.

I to will not have it rip apart. I Love you all! This is a special place and let´s keep it like that!

Doloris
March 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
WOW Mrs Daisy, you said a mouthful, and I agree. I am not in any groups, but this is a great bunch of caring people. sandy is one of the best I know.

That said please people lets not let this get to what the last problem got to. Everyone give Sandy the hugs and support she needs, and not go into all out attacks. There is an ignore button in everyones profile and I would suggest we use it when needed. Right now I don't know who Mrs Daisy is talking about, but if it is revealed at some point I will use the ignore button.

Sandy , know that we love you and know you are the bestest!!!!!

Cat n bull
March 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM
You TELL 'em Mrs. D!

Sandy, sorry you were treated so badly.

K. McEuen
March 14th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Sometimes I think some of the "new" members that pull this stuff are lurkers that only join to cause trouble. The majority of the new people are fine, but there have been a few that just need to move on and not let the door hit them in the a$$ on the way out.

rochellejay
March 14th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Boo. I don't like that this post even has to exist. I have managed for the most part to stay away from (and for the most part totally miss) any drama. How has progress with the added admins moved along so this stuff can be cleaned up before it hits the masses?

countrywench
March 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I havnt been on here very long ..
I have never understood how anyone could hurt another person ..
Sandy's posts make me smile and i know she works very hard in and on the forum .. I hope the person who was rude about her has been banned ?
Hugs Sandy
xxxx

auntiemern
March 14th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Well said Daisy. In the past month or so, some of the 'new' members have stirred up more than one hornets nest. I think they should just move on. I would contact Al with this latest BS and see it he can remove that member. I know personally I have had issues with one of the newer members. You know the kind that yakety yak, but don't actually DO anything, for others, but always have an opinion, and has caused more than one thread to turn very ugly. I currently have that PITA and her fiercest protector on ignore.
Sandy is this forum, and shows more heart and generosity than almost any one else. No one should have to put up with this nonsense, and this person needs to leave, and let the door hit her on the backside on her way out. I got a pretty good idea who the culprit is, and would just as soon slap the crap out of her as read any of her ridiculous posts. You get em GF and know I have your back.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Since I don't do many groups, I had no idea that there was a problem with the group. I am so sorry our Sandy was attacked, especially with such hateful words, for putting forth her ideas, trying to find a fun way for forum members to share. Her heart is as big as the world. Not only did she organize and complete the beautiful quilt for Mr. And Mrs. Daisy, she facilitated collecting and mailing the blocks for Douwe's quilt. By attacking this generous woman, who has plenty on her plate herself, someone has caused a great deal of upset among members of a forum that means a whole lot to many people. This type of talk could cause our generous and esteemed members of the forum to go elsewhere for support and social interaction.

Let's hold our tongues when we are upset, not diminish into hateful talk when we are angry, hold a civil discussion to solve problems. Everything that crosses through your mind when you are angry doesn't need to cross your lips.

I can see that rightous indignation has been expressed in this thread, and that is understandable. I hope a spirit of forgiveness and apology can prevail to try to make the forum a welcoming friendly place for all.

cyndiofthevortex
March 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Come, friends. Let's all talk of bindings and borders and colors and designs and patterns and children. "Let us love one another, for love comes from God." Whether you believe in God or not, it is a good place to start. Let us uplift each other in the ups and down of life. Let's join together in our love of quilting and care for each other, no matter what.

Bubby
March 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I make a point of sidestepping most drama. This time is a totally different story. Sandy Navas is one of the pillars this forum is built on. Her generosity and kindness are legendary around here...she is a solid, responsible, loving, generous, wonderfully witty person. To see her slandered just makes me SICK! Please, lets stand together for our Sandy..use your Ignore button if needed. I have been a member of this group for almost two years and have accepted everyone who joins on good faith. I think the person who is doing this just wants to stir the pot and hurt people. I stand with Sandy, by Sandy and for Sandy! I'm with Marilyn and all the others...this person needs to have her membership here terminated.

Lisapc
March 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Sandy is wonderful as is most of the women here. If you do not like the environment, leave!

GuitarGramma
March 14th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Sandy??? Sandy???!?!? Someone called Sandy the "B" word? Sandy, who makes me laugh every day? Sandy, the most charming of women? That Sandy?

I'm flummoxed. How could anyone even THINK that about Sandy, let alone WRITE such a thing?

I have to go. I'm so saddened about this.

Lisapc
March 14th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Sometimes I think some of the "new" members that pull this stuff are lurkers that only join to cause trouble. The majority of the new people are fine, but there have been a few that just need to move on and not let the door hit them in the a$$ on the way out.

I want to find out who the offender was and deal with them directly. I do have to say there are a couple of people on this forum who also like to stir up trouble and they are not new. I think if it is going to be a negative, attacking or screaming comment you just not type.

Most of the women here are direct gifts from God!

kelliedi
March 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I PMed Al to make him aware of this post...didn't tell him what it was about but told him to look at it....

GinnyKNC
March 14th, 2013, 04:54 PM
My comment on the thread 'quilting police' applies to this as well.

Smile and happy quilting all

auntiemern
March 14th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I am going to contact him as well. This kind of thing need to stop right now!!!!
I PMed Al to make him aware of this post...didn't tell him what it was about but told him to look at it....

K. McEuen
March 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I would hope that Sandy forwarded the PM to Al herself, since he is the only one at this time that can edit/remove comments and or members.

Tanya D
March 14th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I love you Sandy!!! You make me smile, several times a day, what with your funny pictures and your comments. You truly are a wonderful person, I can tell that by the things you say and do on here.

GrammaBabs
March 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Sandy supporter... without question!
Just a tip... when reading stuff,,, that is "crappy".. just look to the side and see how long they have been here,, and sometimes "who" they are... take it from whence it comes... nuff said...
I love and support so many,,, you know who you are,,, the rest... be careful... be very careful... God loves us here at M* and the wonderful family that runs it...:)GB

Loonwatcher
March 14th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself.

BTW, I remember that quilt and so enjoyed making a couple blocks for it. I was one of the ones outside my comfort zone as I had never done appliqué. Sandy encouraged us all to give it a go and I'm oh so glad I did.

grammakim04
March 14th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Sandy is an encouragement to so many people on this forum, I cannot imagine anyone saying something negative about her.
Thank you Sandy for all that you do, it is appreciated.

Kim (grammakim04)

Monique
March 14th, 2013, 05:42 PM
HOW DARE YOU!! Sandy, you know how you are loved here by the people who count most. I am amongst them. Daisy, well said. Whoever you are LEAVE us alone.

BillNye
March 14th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Sandy and I are already working on it. This is not promoting the happy welcoming feeling we talked about before. You don't fight bullying with bullying.