PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Daily Deal

debinmalaga
January 6th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I just wanted to pipe up about today's Daily Deal, the Nostalgia honey bun. If anyone is wavering about the Nostalgia collection I can tell you that it's a great one. The florals and patterns are so pretty and although colorful, you can find matches for any decor color. I bought a layer cake and a turnover and have made three table runners and still have tons of fabric left.

janluna
January 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks Deb. It's nice to know what someone else thinks about the nostalgia honey bun. I may get it. If it's not sold out by the time I can get to it. Hugs, Jan

marinemom
January 6th, 2011, 02:47 PM
What to do with a honey bun???I'm new to quilting...but I love the fabric and will get it today, and wait for wonderful ideas! Rosalind

debinmalaga
January 6th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I've never bought one, marinemom, but I've cut my own strips for one or two projects. You could alternate it with a solid (or more than one) and make either strip or checkerboard style patterns. You could do "darling" little 4 patches or 9 patches and if you pair the strips with yardage you could probably get several runners or a small throw if you add some borders.

roseytoes
January 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I bought the Nostalgia daily deal today. The Moda Bake shop had a pattern posted using honey buns a few days ago. Looks easy and it's pretty! I may make this one for one of my DIL's for Christmas next year.

chrina2
February 10th, 2011, 03:04 AM
What to do with a honey bun?

I purchased a Xmas themed one from MS (some of you may recognize the pattern - I forget what it was called). This lap quilt was made from 1 honey bun. I sewed together 5 strips until they were all used up. Then I cut them down to squares and alternated them (fence post?) on point. I then bordered it, and it is so pretty!!!!!! I quilted it with what I call 'squiggles' free motion all over except on the red fabric. It really is quite nice.

I am planning on getting more honey buns someday (when I have the budget for it) and making a full size quilt in this pattern style from it. I think I would need a minimum of 5-6 to get a nice sized top out of it....but I'm only guessing there.

rebeccas-sewing
February 10th, 2011, 07:04 AM
What to do with a honey bun?

I purchased a Xmas themed one from MS (some of you may recognize the pattern - I forget what it was called). This lap quilt was made from 1 honey bun. I sewed together 5 strips until they were all used up. Then I cut them down to squares and alternated them (fence post?) on point. I then bordered it, and it is so pretty!!!!!! I quilted it with what I call 'squiggles' free motion all over except on the red fabric. It really is quite nice.

I am planning on getting more honey buns someday (when I have the budget for it) and making a full size quilt in this pattern style from it. I think I would need a minimum of 5-6 to get a nice sized top out of it....but I'm only guessing there.

This is so nice! Thanks. I'm going to make one.

rebeccas-sewing
February 10th, 2011, 07:14 AM
I'm making a single bed scrappy LOG CABIN with HONEY BUNS. It's going to take 2 to make it, along with some borders. The only thing I precut is the center square out of another fabric. I take a honey bun strip sew it to one side of the square and cut off the excess. Take another strip and add it to the next side of the square. Cut it off and keep doing this until I have the size block I want. Super easy!!!! If you want to only us one honey bun you could probably do it by cutting the same number of strips in a variety of white fabrics (for example) the same width as the honey bun and make a log cabin with lights and darks.

Elaine
February 17th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Very pretty. You did a beautiful job. on this quilt.