PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
March 14th, 2013, 06:28 AM

Happy Thursday folksies!

I haven't been up for too, too long; just sipping my first cup. It's gonna be a long weekend. And once again I will say I will be happy to say good bye to winter. My Sis is now officially down with the junk and so is Mom. I don't feel badly about my Mom since I didn't give it to her; I didn't see her for well over a week. My Sis now, poor baby, she will live but feels like dookey about now. Mom on the other hand, needs to see the Dr today. I need to get her in there since she is in no position to drive. Poor baby.

Okay, let's sing the adorations of seasons changing and the old ones leaving. I mean really, do you realize how much time we spend on weather? It does seem to affect everything - more than we realize until we are hit by a natural disaster, drought, floods, cost of food, our power bills are high or low depending on the temperatures , , , it really is a totally absorbing thing to think on.

Man, it's too early in the morning for this gal to be thinking on such deep stuff. Let's see. I think I can handle thinking about what I can look at on Pinterest this afternoon after work. Of course, I may take a peek after I get a shower.

Good thoughts, prayers, hugs and many smiles to each of my quilting friends. Consider yourself blessings today.

Blondie

rebeccas-sewing
March 14th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Hi Blondie!

You are wise to get Mom to the doc as soon as possible. This stuff is nothing to mess with especially when it comes to our older folks. Sometimes, I think if my sister had jumped on Mom's sniffles she wouldn't have developed pneumonia and she'd still be with us. Gosh, not going there! I feel like the woman who came in to watch Mom probably got her sick. Stop, Rebecca! Think of something more positive!!!

I'm thinkin' cup number three is in order. I gave up caffeine. Was surprised it wasn't harder. I guess a third cup of decaff won't kill me. I gave it up because I started getting over-active bladder again. I had that problem over ten years ago and went on meds. Haven't had a problem until just recently. Thank goodness for "the miracles of modern science." I started feeling like I was getting a UTI but there was no infection. Started the meds and I'm fine now. No running to the bathroom and just barely making it. Sleeping through the night is so wonderful. Aren't you thrilled to hear the details of my bathroom habits???? Hahaha!

You're right! We do give lots of attention to the weather. With good reason I suppose. As you say it really does have lots of impact when it comes to the effect it has on our lives. We see so many disasters happening around our world due to it. The forces of nature are nothing to mess with and we sure have been messing with it, haven't we? Makes me wonder what's ahead for future generations. Okay, I'm off to grab another cup. I guess I should consider getting out of my pj's but it's so cozy and warm by the fire.

Stay well and hope the day brings you joy!

Rebecca

Bubby
March 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Good Morning,

It's an early wake-up for me..wish I was still asleep. All I have on my plate today is a haircut and some sewing time.

Last night I pulled out DGS's quilt and worked on it. It's now ready for the borders and then it will be off to be quilted. I intended to give the quilt to him for graduation last year, but it didn't happen. He will get it on or before his birthday in July. DGD loved the JRR quilt and pillowcases I send her for her birthday. This Grandma needs to get on the ball.

I got a shingles shot Monday and haven't felt good since then. I'm having almost every side effect listed on the info sheet. I wish I hadn't taken the shot.

Blondie, so sorry Mom & Sis are both down. This bug is a hard one to kick.

Let's remember our Summer and her family. Her Mama passed earlier this week.

It's time for me to make coffee for DH and get our day started. Wishing everyone a good Thursday... Hugs, Barb

Evilynn
March 14th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Hello dear Blondie!

I was kinda waiting for your post. :) I read those 7 cardinal rules of life and they are so true! Perhaps I didnt follow Rule number 1 well enough, I really think there are some issues that I should adress soon. Have been thinking about these for a few days already.
The rest of the rules are sometimes hard to follow as well but nontheless: true. I have tried to follow them as best as I could, now and in the past.

About your mother, it really sounds as if you did the right thing bringing her to a doctor. If me getting sick taught me something then it is that you don't joke about health. If you feel, something is not right, you have to go. End of story!

I cannot say how much I for myself want the winter to be gone. Thankfully it's a lot brighter during the day now, those days when we have only 4-5 hours per day light (!) are over. Phew! Not easy to stay in a good mood when the world is dark! But now those endless days of brightness are to come :) I love these, they are so full of light! The only thing I am not looking forward to are the mosquitos. They are a real pain in the b*tt!

What I also like about the warmer seasons is that you need to have a lot less wood. As romantic a fire in the fireplace might be, at some point you are getting sick of heating the house up because it's freezingly cold inside. And we are lucky: There is a lake only a few hundred meters away so if I feel like swimming, I only need to walk around 5-10 minutes! Isn't that amazing!

Tomorrow I will be going to the hospital and will be gone for around a week. I will get operated on Monday and although I am not scared of the operation itself, I am a bit nervous about everything. Wondering how this will be! :)

I wish you a thursday full of bliss!

shermur
March 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Great analogy! Good luck to your Mom and hope she gets better soon. I too will be glad that winter is on it's way out. Since Feb 21st, winter has been drastic in our neck of the woods. Too much snow, car stranded and towed, bitten in the face by a strange dog and now I have to go to court (city summons) to get that finalized.
And i enjoy day light savings time; hopefully more time to quilt? But, my husband and I are heavily involved in a girls comp softball team, so that season is starting to go, go, go! I just hope that my projects don't sit until next winter.....

bkthomas
March 14th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Blondie, you're the bestest!!! You and Sandy and Bubby(Barb) and dozens and dozens of others - If I didn't mention your name and you are reading this, well YOU are the bestest too!!!
Happy Thursday to all and to all a good night! (Yeah, been up all night again - but I know that I am in good company!)

Monique
March 14th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Good morning everyone. You are ALL the bestest. Besides quilting, what else would we have to talk about? We did get a little skiffing of snow here yesterday. Maizyn and I went visiting yesterday. I did have an appointment with the surgeon who told me they don't have the results yet. What a waste of time, don't you think?

I need to get baby girl up as I have to do about an hour's work this morning. Hubby is going to visit with friends who are coming from the US today. You know he has to get the camp ready for them. Hmmm, wonder why he can't get this house ready!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

MRoy
March 14th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning! Love the sign today Blondie, there's lots of wisdom there. Yesterday was the quietest day I've had at work for awhile and it was soooo nice! I hope it stays that way for a few days. I'm retiring August 1 and I'm hoping my last few months at work will be less stressful than the past 6 months have been.

There are a lot of "sick bugs" going around here. So far, DH and I have avoided catching them and I pray it stays that way. Evilynn, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Summer and her family are included too.

Bernicevs
March 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
That says it all.

buckeyequilter
March 14th, 2013, 09:15 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with Summer and her family, Evilynn and everyone else that needs them.

Not much going on here today so I'm just going to slide my way through the day by doing some of the jobs I really don't care for but that must be done.

I got all the tips of my Maple Leaves finished last night so tonight I will start the 2nd row for those blocks.

My sister calls every night and wants to talk and talk....so that cuts into getting things done but I told DH, I don't want to not talk to her because I never know when I may never be able to talk to her again. I guess my brother's death was a wake up call to put my family first.

So tonight I will work on my the maple leaves and take phone calls, if needed.

Have a wonderful day....hugs to all

meemeecyn
March 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Good morning, all you precious peeps, casting sunshine on the world!

Will be praying for you, Evilynn. Feeling nervous is a normal reaction to be facing surgery, etc. In fact it paralyzes some people, but it sounds like you are bravely taking action. Know that your quilting friends offer you support and will continue to pray for you. And sending lots of electronic hugs, too. <<<Evilynn>>>

Going to sew a bit today, still working on the UFO pile.
Keep smiling!
Cynthia

Jean Sewing Machine
March 14th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hello dear Blondie!

I was kinda waiting for your post. :) I read those 7 cardinal rules of life and they are so true! Perhaps I didnt follow Rule number 1 well enough, I really think there are some issues that I should adress soon. Have been thinking about these for a few days already.
The rest of the rules are sometimes hard to follow as well but nontheless: true. I have tried to follow them as best as I could, now and in the past.

About your mother, it really sounds as if you did the right thing bringing her to a doctor. If me getting sick taught me something then it is that you don't joke about health. If you feel, something is not right, you have to go. End of story!

I cannot say how much I for myself want the winter to be gone. Thankfully it's a lot brighter during the day now, those days when we have only 4-5 hours per day light (!) are over. Phew! Not easy to stay in a good mood when the world is dark! But now those endless days of brightness are to come :) I love these, they are so full of light! The only thing I am not looking forward to are the mosquitos. They are a real pain in the b*tt!

What I also like about the warmer seasons is that you need to have a lot less wood. As romantic a fire in the fireplace might be, at some point you are getting sick of heating the house up because it's freezingly cold inside. And we are lucky: There is a lake only a few hundred meters away so if I feel like swimming, I only need to walk around 5-10 minutes! Isn't that amazing!

Tomorrow I will be going to the hospital and will be gone for around a week. I will get operated on Monday and although I am not scared of the operation itself, I am a bit nervous about everything. Wondering how this will be! :)

I wish you a thursday full of bliss!
We're with you in spirit and kinship, Steffie! May all go extremely well for you!

MayinJerset
March 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good Morning, My 10 year old computer is a thing of the past, repair guy said it was about to crash. So we are trading it in for a new reconditioned tower with a year warranty and lifetime service. Another biggie is that it will have Windows 7, not the new Winows 8 everyone hates. So I'm back!

Thanks Blondie for getting us off in the right mood today. Hope your Mom and Sis get better quickly.
I'm off to finish coloring my hair, then making some Irish Soda bread to bring to lunch at cousin Toni's this afternoon Friday we will be off to Lancaster PA for the annual quilt show is and lots of great fabric shops to check out. Evilynn prayers are going with you to the hospital and also to our other friends in need today. May

Renate
March 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
You are the angel of my day dear Blondie. And I am sure, you are the angel for so many other people here.

Sunshine to all of you, a shoulder to lean on and somebody who warms your heart, especially to Summer and Evi. I hope this community helps to carry on a little bit in this sad times.

Mpyles
March 14th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I got a shingles shot Monday and haven't felt good since then. I'm having almost every side effect listed on the info sheet. I wish I hadn't taken the shot.

Let's remember our Summer and her family. Her Mama passed earlier this week.

It's time for me to make coffee for DH and get our day started. Wishing everyone a good Thursday... Hugs, Barb

Barb if the shot eliminates getting them, then the discomfort will be worth it! I had a case of the shingles when I was in my late 20's. omg I thought I would surely die. I had them around my waste, and at the time my job required panty hose...it was miserable. I have flair ups on occasion throughout the years and they forever mess with those nerve endings sending false signals.

Feel better soon!!

Mary

Mpyles
March 14th, 2013, 09:54 AM

My sister calls every night and wants to talk and talk....so that cuts into getting things done but I told DH, I don't want to not talk to her because I never know when I may never be able to talk to her again. I guess my brother's death was a wake up call to put my family first.

So tonight I will work on my the maple leaves and take phone calls, if needed.

Have a wonderful day....hugs to all

Speaker phone??

Lisapc
March 14th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Blondie: This is something that I feel should be on the doors to my home large enough to not be able to miss on your way out and in. Life is what you make it, your happiness is your own responsibility. Great rules to try and live by. I hope your Mom and sis recover quickly.

Evilynn: I think of you everyday. I pray for and your family everyday. Take care of you and ask questions if you have to and don't forget that hospital bell is there for you to ring if you need it. Use it.

I have a few errands then laundry to put away and then I get to sew. Tonight is baseball clinic for the Peter's so I will have an hour and a half all to myself. I am so excited. I love Thursday nights. It is good for them to have their men time without me.

Have a great day everyone and Summer, I am thinking of you and your little one.

aliaslaceygreen
March 14th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Good morning! I have my Birkenstock's on!! I will have to take them off, and put on 'real' shoes before going out because it's too chilly, but. I have my Birkenstock's on!!! Whoo hoo. Doesn't even hurt too much where the strap goes right over the incision Which still hasn't healed perfectly, but not too much pressure!!! Since I am not doing a lot of walking today, I may try out sneakers, too! Since I will be at a home, taking photos, I think I can remove them if they bother me too much...

Hoping all are doing well... I must dress and load the car with stuff ....catch up later!

GinnyKNC
March 14th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Blondie prayers to your mom and sister and hope they feel better better soon. Evilynn prayers to you for a quick recovery.
It's going to be a beautiful day here in NC, but work will keep me in doors as it always does. I'm hoping I feel better today so that I can get some quilting done tonight.
Happy Thursday to all and have a blessed day

LynneLeavell
March 14th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Good morning Blondie. Glad you are feeling better. Hope your sis and mom get better soon.
Have a great day everyone. Hugs and Prayers going out to those who need them and to those who don't.

Lonna
March 14th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Good Morning to all you lovely Ladies,

It is a glorious sunny day here in S.E. LA. Still a little nippy but soon it will warm up some. Next week we are looking for the highs to be in the low 80's. Spring will soon be here noticed yesterday a lot of the azaleas blooming. Have a wonderful day Ladies I am headed out of this office door to take me a short walk. Got to start getting more steps in. Blessings to you all.

WendyI
March 14th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Morning everyone! Such lovely posts here in the morning. Steffie will be thinking of you when you are away...hope all goes very well for you!! ((((HUGS)))) And those same hugs to Summer and her family....and anyone else who needs them.

I'm off to get my first cuppa tea this morning...the heat is turned off in our building and it's minus 15 outside with the windchill! Heck of a day to do construction requiring the heat off! Construction workers can be so dumb sometimes I tell ya! So...won't be typing much longer...I can hardly feel my fingertips right now!

CrazyMtnLady
March 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Good morning everyone.

Evilynn, I will keep you in my prayers as well as Summer and her family and many more on here.

Our computer has been acting up and I have not been on as much in the last few days as I normally am. It is time to take it and our old one to our new neighbor who is a computer geek and said he could fix the old one. :)

DH has not been feeling well at all. He has a gun show this weekend in Springfield and I do worry about him. His C.O.P.D. has been really bothering him. And he has been having a few chest pains which I think are related to his C.O.P.D. He has no energy whatsoever and I just don't know how he is going to make it through the weekend. He hasn't even gotten out of bed for more than a short spell in the hot tub in days. :(

We have to run to town today and then I have to get his suitcase and other things ready to pack up the truck so he can leave tomorrow. I won't have the computer this weekend. So I will have to check in with you all on Sunday night or Monday.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

CountryHut
March 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM
-
Middleburg Florida weekly weather report

one day - colder than all get out
one day - windy with a chill
one day - doors and windows open with breeze flowing through
one day - doors and windows open
one day - no heater no a/c no windows open - just doors open
one day - doors and window closed up tight with heater running
one day - doors and windows closed - a/c running
one day - doors and windows closed - heater running - by afternoon a/c running

G'morning all : )

hope everyone is having a great morning -- love thoughts and prayers for all ..

well, yesterday was rough - I had to call my Mother and tell on my hubby - I told her that the - parental curse was working
- she told me years ago -- the older men get - the more pain the butt they become --
the hubby was in rare form yesterday -- yak yak yak - he was over his 2000 word limit for the day - *smacking forehead*~ . . .
while waiting for the announcement of our new Pope -
hubby was wanting to know how long was lent going to last -- so I explained it to him - then I pointed to his room . . LOL*~
he hung his head and walked back to his computer room . .
anyway - I was very please with the announcement and his chosen name -

I think I will make myself busy today and get a few more things done and out of the way -
will be heading back to the dentist office tomorrow - so not looking forward to the 2 hour drive
and hopefully they won't cancel the entire day again . . *grrr*~ - I really don't mind the drive - it's the cost of the gas
to get there

well off we go -

shannonsaulter
March 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
GM all... It's my first day off so its time for a post office run,groceries and Joanna...
The weather here has been wonderful in the 70's..but the fog last night was crazy..
Hope everyone has their smile and prayers for those going through rough times..(((HUGS)))

lilmouse
March 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Morning All, saw the Doc yesterday...double ear infection and bronchitis...handful of prescriptions and off we go...first time in a long time I have missed a day...am trying to catch up but there is so much going on!
Prayers for Summer and family, loss is so hard!, prayers for Steffie, this too shall pass, and I agree -- don't be afraid to use the nurse call button...that's why it is there....Blondie, good luck with Doc for Mom and hope Sis feels better soon...I am already thinking about a nap and I don't do naps! Usually anyway, but I am so tired! I hate being sick....everyone take care...praying for all and missing you!

auntiemern
March 14th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Good day all. Blondie, keep that close eye on Mom. The older we get, the harder it is to shake things. Steffi, prayers for your surgery to go well. Summer and the family are in my prayers as well. I know all to well what it is like to lose your mom, so unexpectedly. Donna, sounds like Daniel may have bronchitis or pneumonia, get his butt to the doctor. I will finish hand stitching the binding on the jungle quilt I need to get finished for sis. Then maybe, just maybe, I can get started on MY PICU quilts. Going to get them out today, get a count, and post pics of them and the new ones I received yesterday. Well off to get other things done. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Will say and extra prayer for those that are clueless, lol.

Sandy Navas
March 14th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Two recent messages from Blondie that I wish I'd had earlier in the week. Drats!

Here it is almost 1 o'clock in the afternoon and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing today.

So, love to all!!

HdWench
March 14th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Blondie! So glad you are feeling better, and added your mom to prayer list. It's so hard when you are uh Older to shake this junk going around!

Rebecca -- Oh yes, the things we can go back and look at and say IF only!! Trust me, did this for 2 years and drove myself almost insane with the "what if, if only, but if I did this or that"... Hard to tell someone else to let it go, but in time I hope it eases in your and you find peace knowing maybe it was just her time no matter what? ((((Hugs)) But the What If's can take you down - you have the power to say no more thinking if Only's! LOL bathroom habits - well we do talk about ALL sorts of things here :-)

Barb - Sorry you didn't get to sleep longer! Dad just got that shot and his arm looks like a case beginning!! Watch it closely and hope you feel much better quick. Yes all kinds of prayers to Summer and her family!

Evilynn Praying for the BEST outcome on your surgery. You have a wonderful outlook to keep your spirits high.

Shermur!!! OHmyGawd! I am so sorry about the strange dog biting you (boy could we exchange stories on that subject!). I will pray HARD they TAKE that dog away and make sure it does not bite anyone ever again :-( Please heal quickly and I hope your court goes good.

Shirley Thank you for the reminder that sometimes we get that "wake up call" to make extra time for family!

Welcome Back May!!

Diane you make me LOL about hubs getting older and Blah Blah Yacking away!!! I swear when mine hit 62 his mouth opened and hasn't shut since!!! Yikes

Sandy - Guess this IS what you are suppose to be doing :-)

Just heard the man waking up at 11 am... better get ready to listen to Blah Blah then go hide in my sewing room and work on getting grandson's quilt Done before he leaves Sunday... ahhh quiet time in sewing room I AM blessed!

Have a beautiful day inside and out all

Debbie

SallyO'Sews
March 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Good Morning, My 10 year old computer is a thing of the past, repair guy said it was about to crash. So we are trading it in for a new reconditioned tower with a year warranty and lifetime service. Another biggie is that it will have Windows 7, not the new Winows 8 everyone hates. So I'm back!

Thanks Blondie for getting us off in the right mood today. Hope your Mom and Sis get better quickly.
I'm off to finish coloring my hair, then making some Irish Soda bread to bring to lunch at cousin Toni's this afternoon Friday we will be off to Lancaster PA for the annual quilt show is and lots of great fabric shops to check out. Evilynn prayers are going with you to the hospital and also to our other friends in need today. May

May, I think that's the quilt show my DIL and her mom are going to! Have a great time! And if you meet a mom/daughter combo named Sherri & Carissa, tell them you know me! :D