PDA

View Full Version : Thrilling Thursday! 1/6

toggpine
January 6th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Sorry to be so early about this. Technically it is Thursday here, so I'll wish you all a happy one. I probably won't check in with you all until I get back. Here is to hoping that the weekend goes well and doesn't end in a huge cat fight between six women! Dynamics tend to change when you add in new members to a group. We have added two to our party this year, so we will see how it goes. I'll let you know on Sunday evening!
I finished the Knitting Needle case. I'll give it a formal review on the blog when I get back. I have some assembly direction changes, but that is probably cause I'm lazy, and want to get as much sewing done in one swipe before I have to get up to go press it all.
My sewing machine will be staying home this year. I'll be taking some counted cross stitch instead. It was just too much gear to haul for just me. The other ladies either knit or crochet so their gear load is much lighter! I just have to pack the stuff out of the fridge/freezer and I'm good to go! I am actually going to get some sleep before I go this time!(I MUST be forgetting something!)

Take care!
Cathy

plix
January 6th, 2011, 07:43 AM
:icon_wave: Have fun Cathy! & be careful out there on those roads!

Blondie
January 6th, 2011, 08:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/001lt.gif

Good Morning to all

Cathy, have a great time. 6 people is almost a crowd in my book!

Have long days at work the next few, so I am sure I will be took whooped to sit and sew at night. Good news is I have completed almost all of my dresdens. I have a few more to attach to the W.O.W. blocks and I will be good to go. Waiting for any last minute sign ups.

The past few days I have cooked for my Mom and us. She was wanting to cook all the time for us. Now while that sounds like a dream come true, since I am not always a prepared cook (I forget to get it food out soon enough, hehe), I told her that on the days I work would be a good day for her to cook. Also, Mom always good a big meal, including salad and desserts. I am just not used to eating so much! And I have little self control in that particular dept, so I can feel my jeans shrinking.

Now for a real AHA moment. Luscious and I have been staying in our own beds the past few nights, and I have cried myself to sleep over that. One evening I was lying in bed, praying for my Mom. It occured to me that my Mom is 80 years old and this is the first time in her life that she has EVER lived by herself. Now that may not sound so bad to some, but, if you knew my Mom, well, you would see that not only the loss of my Dad after 64 years, but not knowing what to do with herself. I am encouraging her to re discover her sewing. I know it will take time, as she is still grieving. Any prayers for her continued comfort are appreciated.

Looks like we may get some of the white fluffy stuff again sometime this week. I don't think it will accumlate much, thank the Good Lord!

Have a special day, ladies. Have you ever noticed how absolutely lovely naked trees in the winter are? Each one a unique shape.

NM Lady
January 6th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Good morning all. Nothing much to report here. Need to take the baby girl to get a new laptop. Her laptop cratered at school and evidently can't be repaired. Not really sure what to get, but guess we'll try to get something that isn't so very expensive. I can let her take mine, but then I wouldn't be able to get on MSQC site.

Blondie, I'm so sorry your mom is having such a difficult time but it is understandable after all those years of marriage. Keep the faith. Isn't it awesome they had so many years to love each other! Just remember to take care of yourself too. Sometimes when we try to take care of others, we forget about ourselves.

Didn't get to start WW last night because I worked right through it. Going to try to start next week.

God Bless and take care.

EsGrandma
January 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Dear Blondie, My prayers are with you at this time. Please take care of yourself - even pamper yourself a little. Linda

sally
January 6th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Morning all. Cahty have a great time. Be safe. Blonde my paryers are with your family. Your mom will get through this but it takes time. I remember when my dad died 20 years ago my mom asking how will she ever make it without him. She has...it hasn't always been easy but we can move on. Doesn't mean we miss them...I miss him everyday I am even sniffling now but we carry on...not the same but we carry on. Hang in there! I think the idea of getting your mom involved in her sewing is a good one.
Jackie...good luck with the laptop shopping. So many choices!
Everyone else have a great day. Play safe!

middlesis1966
January 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
it is going to be a cold day today for sure. I get to go out in it joy joy. But I hope when I have my doctors visit it'll be so worth getting out in it. Im ready to have my sidkicks removed. Yea!!! So I will brave the cold for that.
Have a fun trip Cathy!
Blondie I will continue prayers for your mom.
Have a blessed day all and stay warm.

janluna
January 6th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Cathy have a great time. I don't blame you for not carrying your machine. First off it's hard to carry all that stuff and secondly it's not all that good for our machines. I have carried both my sewing machines and my knitting machines. No fun!!
Blondie My prayers are with both you and your Mom and also for Larry as I'm sure he is grieved too. As well as other members of your family. Larry is on the front lines though as he has to give you strength so you can be there for Mom. And I'm sure he is there for her as well. It will get better, honest. Love you sweet girl.
Paula, I pray for your healing. And congratulations on getting your "sidekicks" removed. That will be a relief! The important thing is you are going to live a long and happy life. And since I love you I want you around for a long long time. And it will feel good to get out of the house. When I had my back surgeries I was so house bound that Dr. visits were something to look forward to. Aha, fresh air!! I'm still pretty house bound so any excuse to go out is wonderful.
Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Love you all, Jan :icon_wave:

quiltingtrish
January 6th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Hi everyone! Well, looks like we are finally going to get some snow. Hope not much - but any of it is enough for me! I am already planning on walking in to school tomorrow. The least we can do is have a 2 hour delay. I love walking in it. I even leave in plenty of time to enjoy the beauty I see around me. I get to walk over an old stone bridge over a creek - it's so pretty when the snow comes down that I usually take a photo of it on my cell phone to enjoy through the year.

Bluebirds! I love them! They are my favorite. We even have a few in our back yard I enjoy watching.

Cathy - I just know you having a grand time on your get-away. Maybe someday we could all meet up somewhere - somehow - wouldn't that be cool!!

Well, tomorrow I am starting a wellness program through work. It's a 12 week program and for doing certain things, you earn points. The person with the most points at the end gets a prize. I'm not really going for that prize but hope to loose some weight by the end of it and hopefully change a few things about my health. It's mostly exercising, drinking more water, eating more fruits and veggies, and keeping a food/exercise chart. I think I can do it and hope by the end of March, my scale is a little lighter.

Have to get busy. Found out that the elementary school here is having a indoor yard sale on March 5th. I hope to clean out some boxes in the basement of stuff and hope to make some things quilty to try to sell too. It would be wonderful to make some money for my Lancaster trip which is coming up in the middle of March.

Found out today too that I can get on the Missouri quilt shop site and drool over the fantastic items they have for sale - just won't be able to check any messages for me or get on this community page. The school is pretty strict about what sites we can access through them. I can even check the daily deal - so at least I can dream about the fabrics when I have a few minutes in the daytime.

Off to check more new threads here. Hope you are all having a great Thursday! Be safe out there if the snow is coming your way and you gotta drive in it.

Hugs,

patticakes
January 6th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Hello all! I'm a little late today and not much time to spend.
I came home tonight to a belated Christmas present that was wrapped and on the dining room table. The tag said it was from Santa! I tore the wrapping like a 5 year old and found a lovely pair of Gingher shears! It has been such a long time since I have used a nice heavy pair of scissors so I got busy trimming everything I could find and boy do they work well!
I am pretty sure this Santa lives here so I made him something special for dinner.
Don't you love surprises??
Have a wonderful evening...I know I will be cutting fabric for an new applique quilt!
Patti