PDA

View Full Version : So EXCITED!!! My hubby is awesome!!

WendyI
March 13th, 2013, 11:31 PM
This is probably the only place on the planet where you can brag that your husband got you an iron for your birthday!!

He picked me up an Oliso!! OMG I LOVE IT! I'm naming it Iron Man! Because I love Robert Downey Jr. who plays Iron Man and I love my Oliso!! After we came home from a lovely dinner, I cut out the borders for my quilt and ironed it all nice! I had so much fun! LOL!

The best part....there happened to be a rep at our local Costco and they were almost half the price that my local sewing shop was selling it for.

What a nice birthday! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Lisapc
March 13th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Congratulations and a very happy birthday. I love it when a hubby "nails' a gift. You are a lucky woman.

janluna
March 13th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Happy Birthday Wendy. My friends gave me one last year for my Birthday too. I love it!!!! That was so nice of your husband. Congratulations on your trip around the Sun. Hugs, Jan L.

auntiemern
March 13th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Congrats on your gift. Happy wife, happy life.

ChristineB
March 13th, 2013, 11:44 PM
This is probably the only place on the planet where you can brag that your husband got you an iron for your birthday!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Haha!!! Isn't that the truth!!
So excited for you!!!
Happy birthday Wendy!!!

ilive2craft2
March 14th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Happy Birthday! What a wonderful gift - he nailed it! :) And yes, your non-quilty friends will not understand your excitement over an iron, but we sure do! :)

EsGrandma
March 14th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Happy birthday!! Yes, we understand about irons - congratulations and give that special hubby a big hug!!

Judy~Ann
March 14th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUU
and congrats to hubby for such a great gift

Evilynn
March 14th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Haha! And my mum in law told my hubby to never buy something like that as a birthday present but I told him an iron would be an exception ;) hehehe, so glad you enjoyed your birthday gift, happy birthday!

bkthomas
March 14th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Awww....That's sew nice H B!!!

Tanya D
March 14th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Lol, who knew we could be so excited about an iron! I've heard they are awesome. You said they have them at Costco? I'm due for a Costco run, I'll have to take a peek.

Madeforyouinma11
March 14th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Awww...that was nice! Happy Birthday!

Suzyq
March 14th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Happy birthday! I too bought an oliso at Costco here and just LOVE it! I laugh whenever I lay it flat and hear it pop back up. Too cute! Well worth every penny....

Bubby
March 14th, 2013, 06:19 AM
What a fab gift...enjoy!

Monique
March 14th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Aw what a wonderful hubby you have.

debinmalaga
March 14th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Congrats!!! Picture!!!

MRoy
March 14th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Congratulations on the iron and the smart hubby!

Iris Girl
March 14th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Happy Birthday and its always special when you get what you want !! I have looked at those but can't find the money or the heart to pay that much for an iron.

buckeyequilter
March 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Congrats! What a nice gift. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

calicokat
March 14th, 2013, 10:26 AM
That's awesome! And yes, your non-quilty friends won't get it, LOL.

I was thrilled to get a note from DH for my Christmas present this year - it said to gather all my scissors and bring them to him, he'd take them to be sharpened! I was thrilled, but non-quilty friends just scratched their heads when I raved about my great gift!

GinnyKNC
March 14th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Happy Birthday and congrats on Iron Man. When my hubby gets me what I actually want his friends laugh at him and tell him you are going to be in trouble when she opens that (lol). He tells them they have to know me before saying that, that I ask for those things.
Are the borders you ironed for the mitered borders? Would love to know how it turns out :) I think I'll try that method next time too.

WendyI
March 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Happy Birthday and congrats on Iron Man. When my hubby gets me what I actually want his friends laugh at him and tell him you are going to be in trouble when she opens that (lol). He tells them they have to know me before saying that, that I ask for those things.
Are the borders you ironed for the mitered borders? Would love to know how it turns out :) I think I'll try that method next time too.

LOL! too funny! Yes, they are for the mitered borders I'm doing. I can't wait to see how they turn out as well! LOL!

CrazyMtnLady
March 14th, 2013, 11:17 AM
WooHoo.....how fantastic. I know many women hate to receive gifts that "plug in"... but I for one would love it.

jsmetcalf
March 14th, 2013, 11:49 AM
My husband had been warned that you never give your wife something with a plug for a gift so when I asked for the Oliso iron for Christmas last year he thought it was a joke. Nevertheless, he gave it to me almost apologetically for fear I really was kidding. It is the best iron I've ever owned. Because it makes that little squeaky noise when it picks itself up off the ironing board with its little feet, everyone can find me when I'm working in my sewing room! :) Enjoy the iron (whoever thought we'd say that to each other!!)

Cat n bull
March 14th, 2013, 11:50 AM

HAHAHA! Yep!

Happy Birthday and enjoy your cool gift!

buckeyequilter
March 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I don't mind gifts that plug in.....as long as they don't cook, vacuum, fill with water, dry clothes, light up a room.....unless any of those are going to be for my sewing room.

Mom23
March 14th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Happy Birthday! You have a wonderful husband. Isn't it funny how we kind of drag them into the quilting world!!

Sharyn J
March 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Happy Birthday Wendy and congrats on your terrific gift!

shannonsaulter
March 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM
It's always great to see how all DH's here are so awesome..enjoy!!!

ILove2quilt
March 14th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I'm a little late on the Happy Birthday but HAPPY BIRTHDAY :icon_happy:
Have fun with the iron.

rebeccas-sewing
March 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Fantastic, Wendy! Glad you had such a super birthday! Oliso Iron? Hold onto that man for sure!