PDA

View Full Version : Cheeseburger Casserole

Blondie
March 13th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Hi folksies

Here is the recipe I told you about my Sissy making. It is pretty good and pretty easy.

http://asimplelifeinspired.blogspot.com/2010/11/cheeseburger-casserole.html?m=1

K. McEuen
March 13th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Just read the recipe, sounds pretty good. Now, I keep thinking how would it be if you put a layer of frozen tater tots or fries in the bottom before adding the meat? You'd get the whole McMeal in one dish.

auntiemern
March 13th, 2013, 11:56 PM
OMG Karen, that is brilliant. This is a must try recipe for me.
Just read the recipe, sounds pretty good. Now, I keep thinking how would it be if you put a layer of frozen tater tots or fries in the bottom before adding the meat? You'd get the whole McMeal in one dish.

kensington
March 14th, 2013, 12:47 AM
I've made this recipe quite a few times. It does taste like Mc Donald's cheese burgers! My self and my sons love it. Military wives love it too, they pass this recipe around like fire! LOL.

Musical_Starling
March 14th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Oh Blondie, this is dangerous. My thighs aren't going to like you for this one... lol

Sandy Navas
March 14th, 2013, 02:44 AM
http://terminaltolinux.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/yum01.png (http://terminaltolinux.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/convert-rhn-repositories-yum-with-rhel-media-dvd-repository/)

Bubby
March 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM
It sounds good, Blondie. it would be something easy for the days I sew and don't want to cook a large meal.

meemeecyn
March 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Blondie, this sounds really good. I bet you could use ground turkey for a similiar taste....maybe? Thanks for sharing!

Blondie
March 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
gonna be making this tonite - will report back;
Kensington, it is good to know that it has the military seal of approval.

Blondie

Cat n bull
March 14th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I. Am. SO. H U N G R Y!!!

must have cheese....uggg that looks so good...

auntiemern
March 14th, 2013, 05:48 PM
OMG , Priceless. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Blondie

Lindagie
March 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Making this tonight if I have everything here. Will let you know how it is. It just sounds and looks so good to me.

GrammaBabs
March 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I like this one.... after you brown the burger... it's possible if i didn't have the lean kind... i could "rinse" it with hot water in a collander... (my trick for helping with the fat)... now trust me,, i LOVE fat,, but my stomach does not... so i make the effort...
this one is on the list of meals for when my DS comes Tuesday nights...:) thanks.. B

K. McEuen
March 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Just a heads up in case some of you don't know, they make crescent rolls that are all one piece (sheet) so you don't have to pinch the seams together. They make recipes like this one so much easier to put together.

I think when I am done house sitting I'm going to try this one, only make it a bacon cheeseburger, because as we all know -Everything is better with BACON!

Blondie
March 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I made this for dinner. It was delicious. I have my Luscious Larry's seal of approval. Trust me, if the big boy likes it, it will be served again.

And Karen! Brilliant! with all the bacon chatter the other day, I should've added some. (whops up my head like a shoulda had a v8 moment.

Barb, I generally rinse my ground meat even when it is lean. I did this time and it didn't affect the flavor at all. Just a quick rinse in hot water and back in the casserole.

kensington
March 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM

Blondie

Haaha! Well, military wives anyway! They like it. I was pretty amazed myself that is does taste exactly like you said. Pish Posh... so easy to! Every one is going to love you for this recipe!

Lisapc
March 14th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I want to make this but since hubby was sick he doesn't do well on hamburger like that. I am going to make as part of some celebration that I have other things for him to eat.

I hope something good happens around her where I need a celebration to make it for. I want to eat this!

bkthomas
March 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM
OMG , Priceless. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Yes I agree - kensington is priceless!!!!

MRoy
March 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Sounds delicious but I'm the only one here who would eat it so I'd need to make it for a potluck

Patrice
March 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Sounds good. Will try this. :)

Lindagie
March 15th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I'm sure this is not on the heart healthy diet plan, but you gotta veer off of it once in awhile. I get tired of the grilled, baked chicken, fish, turkey meals, esp. when it is also lo-salt, lo-fat, lo-carb, etc. etc. I did use extra learn grd. round, lo-fat American cheese, my own dill relish instead of dill pickles and didn't use sesame seeds on the top; oh and lo-fat crescent rolls. It tasted just fine! Great recipe for a quick meal. Might try it on the grandkids next time they are here. Thanks to whoever posted the recipe.

Hawaii Roxy
March 16th, 2013, 02:04 PM
OHHH MY GOSH!! This looks supper yummy I want to try it but my husband dont like cheese :( I wonder how good it would be to leave the cheese off part of it hummmm

Blondie
March 18th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Try it without cheese. I considered leaving the pickles out because I am not overly fond of pickles. I did use the pickles, just reduced the amount. Turned out fine.
Blessings to you.

OHHH MY GOSH!! This looks supper yummy I want to try it but my husband dont like cheese :( I wonder how good it would be to leave the cheese off part of it hummmm

Shirley
March 18th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Blondie, sounds delicious. My Sweetie will love this.

New York Sue
March 18th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I really do try to eat lean, but I'm going to give this a GO, out of sheer curiosity!
Everyone has to indulge every now and again....
;)

Cat n bull
March 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Oh Blondie! This was DELICIOUS!

I finally talked the Hubs into making it. He LOVED it too! I asked him if it was hard to make, and he said "No it was real simple. You could do it!"

He is so cute trying to be encouraging to me. :icon_kiss:

Sharyn J
March 18th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Blondie: I'm giving this one a try tomorrow. Usually I only see recipes like this with cooked macaroni in it. This one looks yummy.

Karen: I LOVE the new one piece crescent rolls, use them all the time for chicken pot pies when too lazy to make pie crusts!.
Cathryn: What can I say? "Priceless." You just keep letting him help you. :icon_heh:

Sharyn J
March 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Blondie: Finally got around to making this tonight. It's delicious! Next time, I'm doubling the recipe.

mommadeb
March 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
I have made it twice in the past week. Delicious! The first time I followed the recipe. The second time, I just added a can of Manwich to the beef (I am an inherently lazy cook). Then on the top, on the crust, I make it like a garlic cheese bread.

So good because it's SO low fat.....

Blondie
March 25th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mommadeb, good idea about the manwich.

And Sharyn, it is definitely one of those that should be doubled; in my opinion it was the equalivalent of 4 cheeseburgers, so family needs two trays of it. lol

Musical_Starling
March 25th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I tried it over the weekend and I liked it, but discovered that I don't like the crescent dough unless it's made into crescents lol I made crescent dogs before, didn't like them, but thought it was because of the wieners. Nope, turns out I don't like crescent dough mixed with anything salty/savoury, only sweet! lol So I'm going to try it again soon with some normal dough on top, maybe a pizza dough or something (or touton dough if anyone is familiar with that) and see how it turns out :) It did get the Giant seal of approval though lol

K. McEuen
April 8th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Made this for dinner tonight. They are right, it isn't a 6 person meal. Three of us ate and there is a spoonful left.

Sharyn J
May 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
Well, guess what we had for lunch? This time I doubled the recipe but I didn't have any crescent rolls and too lazy to make dough. Instead, I baked some biscuits, split them in half and put them on top for serving. I didn't hear any complaints and the pan is empty!