PDA

View Full Version : Viva il PaPa!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM
We have a new pope! As a Catholic from birth, this is an exciting time!

Roxanne
March 13th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Do you think he will be an American?

Jean Sewing Machine
March 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Just the thought of that possibility is very emoional to me, because one name that has risen to the top as a possibility is a carinal who was born and raised in St. Louis, Mo. My home town. Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbisop /Cardinal of New York. He's a very personable person, I believe he would be a beloved pope. What a huge job.

Most think it will be an Italian.

Roxanne
March 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I think Italian too. I have heard about Cardinal Dolan. Sounds like a wonderful person. That would be awesome.

auntiemern
March 13th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Jorge Mario Bergoglio, 76, from Argentina is the Catholic Church's new pope.

bakermom
March 13th, 2013, 04:22 PM
he has taken the name Francis

GuitarGramma
March 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
First Pope from the New World! First Pope Francis! First Jesuit Pope!

When he came out on the balcony, he spoke for about a minute, then broke into prayer. I was thrilled at how quickly our new Pope led us all in the Our Father.

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Meli
March 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Congratulations to all my Catholic friends! I will pray that your new Pope will continue to lead you well on your spiritual path.

Kaytessa
March 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
May God richly bless Pope Francis.

Bubby
March 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I believe he is the first Pope from Latin America!

aliaslaceygreen
March 13th, 2013, 08:38 PM
And he didn't appear on anyone's short list. I hope that this means great things for Pope Francis!

toggpine
March 13th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I did hear that he was the first runner up to Pope Benedict at the last conclave. They think that might be why the vote happened so quickly.
Congratulations, may he be a blessing to the Catholic church.

alliek
March 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
God Bless Pope Francis, he has a huge job ahead of him - I think this intelligent, compassionate, humble man of God is the one to do it.

auntiemern
March 13th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Congrats all my catholic friends on your new Pope. I am not catholic, but when Pope John Paul was here, I couldn't take my eyes off a moment of the coverage.

Sandy Navas
March 14th, 2013, 03:26 AM
My Catholic daughter was somewhat put out with me when she announced a new Pope had been named. I asked her if they had selected Anthony Secola (the Italian choice) and she said 'No, never heard of him.' I told her that was because early on they didn't vote him in because no one thought we should call him "POPE SECOLA".

She didn't like that . . . drats. When did her sense of humor fall off?

CONGRATULATIONS, POPE FRANCIS - what a tremendous job/calling you have ahead of you.

BTW I read someone referred to him a a 'shoe-leather priest'. DD didn't know what that meant. Anyone here who knows what it means?

KathieB
March 14th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Could it be because he didn't have a driver and took public transportation or walked everywhere? He also lived in a small apartment and cooked his own meals.

Sandy, thanks for the humor!

kensington
March 14th, 2013, 03:50 AM
I hope he will bring healing and unity to the people of the CC. I've heard he is very strong in the area of morals and sin as it lines up with the Word of God. I truly believe that is the strongest line in the sand for any leader in the Body of Christ. I think that catholic brothers and sisters will be drawn to his compassion for the poor. As they were to Mother Teresa.

I'm not a Catholic, but love many many people who are. I pray God's very best for them.

bakermom
March 14th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Love your humor, Sandy! I would have laughed if you said that to me!

I watched him as he came out on the balcony and spoke. I think he looks like a kind man. I pray he leads with wisdom and compassion.

dwil23
March 14th, 2013, 05:28 AM
I hope he will bring healing and unity to the people of the CC. I've heard he is very strong in the area of morals and sin as it lines up with the Word of God. I truly believe that is the strongest line in the sand for any leader in the Body of Christ. I think that catholic brothers and sisters will be drawn to his compassion for the poor. As they were to Mother Teresa.

I'm not a Catholic, but love many many people who are. I pray God's very best for them.

Agree.

And Sandy, I appreciate your humor. Will have to tell my sister - she will, too.