PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Gina - My Duck Story

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I have to share this because it is absolutely hilarious - family happening but it does relate to a duck and I've been sitting here giggling . . . I just have to tell this story:

When dear Emily was only about two and a half years old she had a new baby sister born. When Momma came home from the hospital she asked me to go shopping with her to pick up diapers and other necessary items. Emily loved (and still loves) rubber ducks. As we went by one aisle she spotted a rubber duck made to put over a bathtub faucet to prevent injury to kids. She wanted me to buy it for her. I convinced her to pick a much less expensive rubber ducky instead. All the way through the store she loved on this ducky, trying to get it out of the packaging. She finally succeeded and was quite happy. When we got to the checkout one of her older sisters wanted a package of chewing gum and Emily thought that was a great idea. I told her she couldn't have gum since she had the ducky. She said she'd rather have the gum. I told her she'd opened the package and we had to buy the ducky. And then the excitement started:

Emily stood up in the cart and at the top of her lungs shouted out: "Don't you DARE buy me that STUPID duck. If you buy that STUPID duck I'll throw him in the trash can."

My daughter was at another check out counter and I heard her tell the cashier: "Can you believe some people? They just can't control their children."

And that's my duck story. QUACK, QUACK

Dragonfly
January 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Sandy that is such a precious story and memory, I love it, something to to remind the little miss about when she is older as well.

craftyladysam
January 5th, 2011, 09:44 PM
That was funny! giggles and more giggles! :lol::lol:I can see her now! giggle:lol::lol: Don't you buy me that stupid duck!! giggle:lol::lol: Sounds like she protested to much. She really wanted both. :lol::lol: So sweet!
It's funny now but was it funny then?

Blondie
January 6th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Love this story, Sandy. Right off of Kids Say the Darndest Things.

patticakes
January 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM
So funny Sandy! I could just see it happening!