PDA

View Full Version : the story

ginampls
January 5th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hello MSQC, you know i have called the shop. and i have been so hooked. on you guys...

i was hope to make a request. and getting the answer to my request.. and ( all of us oober fans perhaps could sound off, hint hint)

tell us your story of how ya all have come to be... lLke young Sarah. You kids of Jen bought her a long arm.... to give her something to do... i think we want the clear story... in detail... with video...

Is any one else interested or am i the only one? sound off . let Jen and her Hens know we want the real detailed story... of the MSQC....plus the young single computer guy. Is he still single?
Gina from Mpls now northern MN..

post script... i love you and this community.. the best. over all i have seen..

patticakes
January 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Good idea Gina!
I have been hanging out here a long time (lurked a while before that) and on a trip to KC, MO had the pleasure of stopping by the store and meeting some of the "Stars", who are every bit as nice in person and really make up the essence we know as the MSQC! It was easy to spend over an hour and a half in the store between the ooohing and aaahing and all the great advice and laughs, I too, was wondering how this wonderful little place kinda in the middle of nowhere (sorry, Hamilton is far from a metropolis) came to be?
Lots of time a site or blog will have an "About Us" tab, maybe it's time the world knew your story!
Patti

shell.scraps
January 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I want to know the story behind the duck..you know the one...that quacks at you the beginning of every tutorial.... :D

Carol_Ann
January 5th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah, tell us the duck story. Every time one of your wonderful tutorials is beginning, I pinch my fingers together as the duck does his " quack ". Try it .... it's fun !

quiltingtrish
January 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
My husband loves the duck! He knows which I'm on that's for sure. The other day I was telling my sister about this site and he is in the background saying - there's a duck on there too. So funny.

Would love to hear 'your story'.

Hugs,

craftyladysam
January 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Same here would love to hear your story. We all feel like family and family shares! Right girls? The duck is cute, why did you pick him?

debinmalaga
January 5th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Add me to the list who want to know the behind the scenes story. Great question, Gina!

ginampls
January 6th, 2011, 01:14 PM
like who thunk it first and the response to the idea... let make a quilt shop? lets make vids put it on line... how many kids does Jen have. costumer... let see them... how did the dvd people show up to feature Jenny? Nat. designing rulers!!! wonderful.... make it like real documentary... is there a college near by is there some student who needs a project? we wont to know... oobers sound off...

janluna
January 6th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Jenny tells you how everything came about on her sympose online series. Her kids bought the long arm so that she and her hubby would have something to do in their retirement. Then one of the girls fell in love with fabric and the shop was born. It is a family business which is really nice that they cared enough to include their parents in. In this day and age when kids have such busy lives they forget about what their parents are doing it is a breath of fresh air that they cared enough to want to include them. Hugs, Jan

Sandy Navas
January 6th, 2011, 11:05 PM
But we still want to know about why the duck quacks . . . .:D:D:D

RFREE
January 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Yea I wanna know why the duck quacks too. I have a wild mallard on our pond and every time I feed him I think about it and smile.

janluna
January 7th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I don't know about the duck, ask Al he designed the web site. Gina, Jenny has 7 kids
:icon_woohoo:

stitchywoman
January 8th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I think it's hilarious that you guys want the whole story! :) I don't know that they'll ever do a documentary but it's a funny idea! I don't even know about the duck. I asked once and I think someone told me to ask Al. sorry to tell you I never did.:0 I'll pass this on maybe on one of there silly days they'll stop and make a short film for everyone!

pdjewelrylady
January 14th, 2011, 11:12 PM
the duck quacks because he can't whistle! LOL :lol:

dmt148
January 15th, 2011, 12:33 PM
GOOD ONE !!!!!

Lola2Ace
January 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I would love to know the story behind the duck too! Hubby knows what I am doing when he hears the quack!
There's a bit more to the family story in the video series on Sympoze that Jenny did. It's in the opening video and is
quite interesting!
Lola

Sandy Navas
January 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
the duck quacks because he can't whistle! LOL :lol:

Now why didn't I think of that? I'm laughing and my sides hurt. Can hardly wait to get the grandkids with this one.