PDA

View Full Version : I Need Ideas....

Madeforyouinma11
March 12th, 2013, 04:07 PM
From all of you brilliant people.....I have a friend of mine who's dad past away in January. She has many of his shirts and wants me to do something with them for 12 different people. Is there a stuffed teddy bear that I can make using only 1 shirt?

kensington
March 12th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I don't know about a Teddy Bear, but you could make a small designer pillow to be put on a chair or bed. After I made shirst quilts for my niece and nephew, I put the scraps together for that.

I think you may have to just get a pattern for the Bear and see if one shirt nets you enough fabric to make that pattern. Good luck, that is really a nice thing to do. I've enjoyed (even though it's emotional) making the 4 shirt quilts I've made for my sister, and my nieces and nephew. They really embrace them as a keepsake and gift of comfort. Let us know what you make and show a picture. God Bless.

kensington
March 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Here is one of the shirt quilts I made. I'm intrigued by your wanting to do Teddy Bears. I'd like to follow your progress if you don't mind. Was that your idea? Very creative.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/album.php?albumid=1448&attachmentid=26627

kensington
March 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
This is the first pattern I found. But, am still looking. It says 1 yd of main fabric, 1/2 yard contrasting (ears, paws, etc) but I just don't see it taking that much for those pieces. But, it mentioned in the instructions that you could just use one fabric... so perhaps one shirt? Maybe make a sample and see?

http://www.howjoyful.com/2010/05/howjoyful-bear-tutorial-and-pattern/

Hulamoon
March 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM
How about a Christmas stocking. You could mix the fabrics together. or a small wall hanging with one fabric and put a heart in the middle, or star with one of the other fabrics etc.

Tanya D
March 12th, 2013, 05:51 PM
A teddy bear is a wonderful idea...and so is the stocking that Lorie suggested. However the teddy bear could be enjoyed all year long. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be treasured.