PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Morning, Jan 5

Blondie
January 5th, 2011, 07:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/sf.gif

Good Morning! (I can't believe I made it in here EARLY for a change. neeners, Cathy, I beat you! lol)

Let me first say, I can't believe I just typed January 5! And OMGoodness, it really is 2011! Why do I always feel as if I am trying to catch up to something or another? hehehe

Calling for a small accumuluation of snow tonite. All our Christmas snow finally melted and I really honestly and truly do not want any more snow this season. All you Northern snow bunnies are stout and hardy, you certainly have my most sincere Bless Your Heart(s)!!

Today I will make more dresdens, if only one or two. I am enjoying these blocks. Easy and relaxing.

Hugs to all

NM Lady
January 5th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Good morning!

Worked on cutting the BOM last night. Will sew it up either tonight or tomorrow.

My baby girl will go back to college Sunday. She is ready, but I'll really miss her. Our small mixed breed will miss her too as she has been sleeping with my daughter.

I keep looking at the fan block. It looks difficult, but haven't really tried making one. Maybe the next block swap will hit where I can join in.

The weather was beautiful here yesterday. Think and pray about all who are in the bad weather areas.

Hope everyone has a very blessed day!

ginampls
January 5th, 2011, 10:53 AM
hello jan 5 2011... wow... it is weird to say type and think it... i have bad cold really is not pleasant... Yes Jan i pro mice to go it if i don't get better i think it is breaking up now.... still just a bad cold i fear... every time i go to the doctor with these symptoms they say... your sick go home... you have a cold... i have no fever.. and i am a heavy smoker... shh... i know quit is best... but it is all i have left... i was a hard party er in my youth ... and oh the great times i had being tanked stoned... and tripping... so cigarettes... is what have left... and they comfort me... so please no lectures...
not going to much of anything today. but rest. and maybe work on a binding for an x mas presant that didn't get off in the mail as i had hoped... chicken and stars soup is on the menu for lunch....

janluna
January 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Good morning everyone. Jan. 5th already! So the swap is officially closed and now we know how many blocks to make!!! YAY!!! My fabric hasn't arrived yet and I was notified that some of it's not coming at all. So I will be shopping on Friday. I will need 3 more black and white fabrics. I hope I have enough. It's hard to find. I'll just have to sew quick once I get it in the mail. lol Hope you all have a lovely day. Glad your life is better now Gina. Love, Jan

sally
January 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Jan let me know if I can help out. I can get some black and white material pretty cheap here ( I found a hidden stash in my local store and its on sale!) Shipping won't be that bad and it would make me feel SO GOOD to help out my quilting/emergency services sister. You are such a wonderful person ...you are FAMILY! and I want a block from you!

patticakes
January 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hi all!
Such a nice welcome Blondie! I hate the snow also but will take yours since I have to be up here anyway, no sense in both of us suffering.
NM - the first block you make in a swap is always the worse! It all gets better after that one. Hope you can join us sometime.
Gina - hope you feel better soon! keep the liquids going! ( won't harp on you about the cigs but its hard as both my parents died of lung cancer at a young age and i am the poster child for quitting).
Jan - I just realized from your post that the sign up is over! I have my blades all ready to sew together so hopefully it goes fast from here on! You have some time but I have a few extra pieces if you need some let me know!
Hi Sally!! How are your blocks coming??
Well off to call Air Tran. We got some free flights from them last year due to a snafu and I want to see what wonderful places we can fly to for free!
Take care all!
Patti

sally
January 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM
UGGGH!!!! I need tech help. How do i reduce the size of my pic so I can post them. I am assuming that is the problem because old pics I can load but the new ones from my new camera I can't:(:icon_cry:

janluna
January 5th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Sally, I think I'll be ok. Just will feel panicked when I found out my stuff didn't ship until today! I can't wait to get a block from you either. You are a wonderful friend Thank you for being there for me. I still have to find three more black and white fabric but with Santa's big cert. I got from Christmas I should be able to find them.So, I will shop on Friday and should be all set.If I find out I can't find what else I need I'll let you know and send you some money and maybe you could find three more black and white fabric for me. Thank you for the offer. Love you, Jan :icon_woohoo: :icon_mooooh:

janluna
January 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Jan let me know if I can help out. I can get some black and white material pretty cheap here ( I found a hidden stash in my local store and its on sale!) Shipping won't be that bad and it would make me feel SO GOOD to help out my quilting/emergency services sister. You are such a wonderful person ...you are FAMILY! and I want a block from you!

You are my family too. I don't know what I'd do without you. Thank you, Love you, Jan

sewsoft
January 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
BIG HUGS to our quilting family! :icon_hug: I'm so glad I found you all. Now lets get quilting and have some fun. I'm so excited this is my first swap. This block is not as hard as I thought it would be.

toggpine
January 5th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Good Morning!
Yes, Blondie, you did beat me to posting this morning!
I gave in at about 2 AM on my sister's knitting needle case. The directions on this one fluster me, the button I wanted to use on the front was too big for the 1-step button-holer, and the fabric I chose for the main backing is wanting to fray and won't hold a seam. I really wasn't in a mood to welcome the new day! I have the thing under control now. I just have to add the second needle to the serger and that should finish it off. Top stitch the opening closed and then a bit of hand sewing of the buttons, & done!

Gina, I am sorry to hear that you have another cold. I won't harp on you either. Just know that food will taste better, your skin and sense of smell will be healthier, and you won't be sick as often if you decide to give it up. You would also have more $$$ for fabric!

Jan, how much B & W fabric of each do you need? Fat quarters or 5 yards? I'd be happy to reduce some of my stash to your place! Your spyglass pattern is on the sewing table ready to go into the mail today, I can add in a few chunks of fabric.

NM, sorry to hear that your nest will be empty again. Congrats on getting your BOM done. I have been apprehensive about the Dresden fans too. They look a bit tricky. I also promised myself that I'd get some of these old projects out of the way before I agreed to do anything more.

No snow here, and we have ended our deep freeze! I didn't believe I'd be happy to hear rain again! I can actually fill the water troughs with the hose instead of buckets out of the bathtub! Whoo Hoo!

I gotta finish that "Thing" for my sis and get ready for Snack Mom duty @ pre-school. Then I had really better start packing. My sis & I leave tomorrow for our weekend!

You all have a good day!
Cathy

patticakes
January 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM
UGGGH!!!! I need tech help. How do i reduce the size of my pic so I can post them. I am assuming that is the problem because old pics I can load but the new ones from my new camera I can't:(:icon_cry:

Sally I had to resize my pics in order to post them on here. On my computer I just opened the picture and on the top toolbar under "picture" there was an option to re-size it. I made it a smaller size and saved it again. Then it posted. Sorry, I am not a tech person so this is definately not in precise terms!
Good luck!
Patti