PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday - I think the "old man" is snoring

Blondie
March 12th, 2013, 07:05 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies from a wet North Carolina!
And the "old man" ain't Luscious - it's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring. It's been raining all night at a steady clip and I reckon it will be raining most of the day. The perfect day for sleeping. But since I have slept for the better part of a week, I think I shall quilt today. Hopefully Sis will come over to play. We haven't had a girls day in a few weeks. I may put some muffins in the oven and a fresh pot of coffee on in a bit. mmmmmm.

I noticed yesterday that some of my blooming shrubs outside are trying to wake up. A few little forsythia, quince and of course, the valiant daffs are beginning to show off. I love the thrill of the coming Spring. Naturally, that means yard clean up duty; for some reason that doesn't bother me - yet. I know that many of the plants that I brought inside for wintering over will be happy once they are outside once again. By now they are all looking rather weak, needing some real sunshine and fresh rain water. I've put my order in already for a summer with the proper amount of rain. We've certainly had enough this winter, so, why not when we really really really need it for the garden. Luscious is already mapping out his veggie patch. We don't go hogwild like we did when the kiddos were young and voraciously eating us out of house and home. However, we do maintain a nice size and recently have added rows to share with Mom, Sis and my brother. They each grow a few tomatoes, but our garden soil is good for just about everything to grow in without a whole lot of amendments. I can't wait for some fresh squash. And a fresh from the garden 'mater sammich.

Off to figure out what I have in the pantry to throw some muffins together with. Have a wonderful day folksies. If you are down and out, here's a hand to help you up; if you are feeling puny and ickie, here's a comforting hand to help you on your road to recovery. Hugs, prayers and lots of smiles for each of you today. It's gonna be a good day; I plan on letting the rain wash all my cares away!

Bubby
March 12th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Good Morning!

I've been up twice already today...rough night. As soon as DH heads off for work I plan to go back to bed and see if I can at least sleep 2-3 hours or until the phone begins to ring.

I visited my dermatologist yesterday and he froze, cut and zapped numerous 'things' off my face, chest, arm and leg. I got a stern admonition to do better with my sunblock and to wear a hat. This is the price you pay for being redheaded. The sun is definitely not my friend and I'm out in it so much.

I won't be online in the morning and I would like to ask you to remember me in prayer. I will be in court tomorrow as a victim advocate for a friend who has just gone through a terrible experience. Advocating was one of the best parts of my job when I worked for Probation & Parole. I have to travel three counties away and have to take Miss Molly with me because she can't be left alone without her insulin all day. I will leave Molly in our vacant apartment in Cuba with her bed, water and food and pick her up on my way back from court. Thanks goodness we have a vacancy...don't know how I would work this out otherwise. I figure this will be at least a 10-hour day with all the driving.

There's nothing exciting on my agenda today. Let's remember to pray for Summer and her family.

Wishing you all a good day...Hugs, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
March 12th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mmmmmm, muffins! sounds so good! Would love to be making some myself, but I'd have to eat them all myself. Trying NOT to eat sweets and breads, gotta reduce this old fat body down some. Still need to finish my one costume, iron them all and take them to the theatre tonight. Took a few up there last night, the rest tonight for our first rehearsal with costumes. While I was at the theatre, I got two phone calls for future theatre jobs. I was proud of myself for saying no, one was just sewing velcro on some curtains, I can do that. The other was costuming a whole show right before Christmas. No thanks!

Found some very reasonable jelly rolls at Big Lots, I want to try Trip Around The World. Next week!

Haveva great day, soon it will be warm inthe northern hemisphere and our Aussie friends will cool off!

rebeccas-sewing
March 12th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Barb - If you ever get in that situation again I'm sure there are services where you could board your pup while you take care of business. I know that's not ideal but at least there are options. You might even be able to find a vet in the area who would take her. That would probably be ideal since she's in need of insulin. No harm in calling around in whatever area you plan to be for the day.

MRoy
March 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Good morning! It rained all day here yesterday, and I was out in it several times. Now it cold but clear. Blondie, I hope you get to spend today with your sis, I miss those times with my sister. Barb, you'll be in my prayers tomorrow. I hope everything goes well in court for your friend. I hoping for a quiet day at work so I can finish some pending tasks. I like to stay caught up as much as possible. It's my type A personality coming out.

Bubby
March 12th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Rebecca..

I have a tenant who will look in on Molly and take her out to go potty. She won't end up being alone very long at all, since the court is about 8 miles from our apartments. Even our own vet won't board Molly because she's too fragile and I don't trust anyone else to give her shots. There are very few pet services..we live in the middle of nowhere (literally).

Musical_Starling
March 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Blondie, your picture makes me think of one I saw a while back that said "I'm not saying that I'm Wonder Woman, I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen the both of us in the same room together" lol Muffins sound good, toss a few my way will you?

Barb, prayers said for a safe drive today and I hope Miss Molly enjoys her little road trip!

Jean, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID NO! Woohoo! Now keep doing it every time you come across a PITA offer :D

Myrna, I'm hoping for a quiet day as well, so let's keep our fingers crossed that someone up there hears our pleas and gives us a little break :D

So yesterday I was hoping it would be somewhat quiet. Yeah right. Just after I posted yesterday morning my glasses snapped in half, this is four pairs in three years, so I had to go and get them replaced (thankfully they were covered). While I was out I got the call that my computer was in, so went to pick that up. Get home, start it up, and HOLY CRAP WINDOWS 8 IS INSANE! I couldn't figure out where anything was, you bring up the "normal" desktop and there's no start button. Couldn't find my control panel, couldn't even figure out how to shut the bloody thing down lol So it lasted a whole 20 minutes before it got a format and rolled back to Windows 7. So after formatting the hard drive, installing a new operating system, installing all of my drivers, then putting all of my software on (Microsoft Office, Power point, antivirus, etc etc) that I got NO sewing done. None. Haven't even seen poor Sally since Sunday. *sigh*

So here's to a quiet(er) Tuesday I hope.

Hugs to all who need them, a boot in the arse to anyone who needs that too (I certainly need one today lol) and prayers all around :)

buckeyequilter
March 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Good morning....

I don't know if it was misting rain or snow this morning on my way to work but it's colder today than it was yesterday. I think, Blondie, that you have the rain we had yesterday. Muffins sound good so I might just have to go to the vending machine and see if there are any waiting for me.

I started working on my Maple Leaf quilt after work yesterday. Some of you remember the class I took and what a nightmare it was. Well I am enjoying putting the leaf together, I haven't had that project out in months but it all seems to be easier now.

Well I need to get some things finished up here at work and then I'll stop back in.

My thoughts and prayers are with Summer & her family, Mr & Mrs D. and anyone else that needs them. All of you that just need some rest - take a nap and let the sleep do it's magic. Hugs to all. Have a wonderful day!

aliaslaceygreen
March 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Morning! Raining here like crazy as well... and I am NOT a fan of this part of daylight savings time. Getting up in the dark stinks! I know it will get easier, and that it will get lighter, but really?? It was black as pitch when my alarm went off the first 4 times!!!

I get to interview the person I WANT to take the job with me today. I have no idea when I have to face the girl who is totally unsuited but a long standing employee...and I don't look forward to it....

Ah, well... what can you do? I won't quilt today... going to see Oz after work... Have a great day, hugs all around!

Madeforyouinma11
March 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone!
Not much today. Just a few errands and some odds and ends cleaning and then hopefully into the sewing room. I have some placemats and some coasters to finish up. Trying to make up a bunch of small gifts for the bingo prizes at my daughters baby shower next month.
I've been working on making some hexies..I am going with a color theme that will match the babys room and now I have decided that I don't want to make the flowers over the entire quilt and have this picture in my head of what I would like to do instead. Lets see if I can pull it off.
Blondie, homemade warm muffins sound wonderful...enjoy
Jean, I'm so proud of you for saying no..
Barb, drive safely tomorrow and I hope everything goes well.
Well, I'm going to go do a little reading while I have my coffee and then I need to start my day. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Good thoughts and prayers are with everyone and hugs are available if you need one of those too!

MayinJerset
March 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hello, It seems to be raining everywhere this morning. Blondie this rainy day is perfect to have some muffins with your sis. Got me to thinking of making some but realized I have some buttermilk so I'll make some Irish Soda bread. My girlfriend is coming over for tea tomorrow and the soda bread will be perfect.

After a busy weekend with a sew in and cooking and serving a big family lunch I needed a big rest day and that's what I did most of yesterday, even took an hour nap in the afternoon. Today I'll be working to finish a leaf quilt so I have something for Friday's Show & Tell when I met my friends in Lancaster PA, show runs from Wed. to Sat. All recent quilts were given away as gifts or to hurricane sandy survivors so my quilt cupboard is bare.

Monique
March 12th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Just a quick morning hello. Maizyn is just about up and about. We had a wonderful day yesterday and will have another today. I will catch up with you all later.

Lisapc
March 12th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Good morning!

I usually don't do well with the time change of spring at all. This time however I am in bed, tucked in before Midnight and that really means before 11 pm for my body. Amazing. I am sleeping through the night. Still only about 6 hours of sleep but the best sleep I have had in years. I am just not sitting anywhere but my sewing room after dinner so I don't get comfy and fall asleep like I normally do. I hope it lasts.

It is almost 50 here but foggy and a rain storm is on the way. Tomorrow is supposed to be bad. Today I go take Lil' Miss Kora Mae out for our first "Big Girls Day" since her sister was born. Because of Jean and a few others the first stop we will be making is Big Lots. I am hoping the newer big one in Billerica where she lives has some decent fabric. He he he! Then we are off to buy the most gaudy, horrible Easter egg organza I have ever seen that Kora had decided that her and Lillyana have to have Easter dresses made out of. I am just going to have to make something for Brenna to match her girls and then give it to Kora to make sure she wears. Lil' Peter just wants to go out for Easter breakfast and come home to an outdoor egg hunt. We might be able to pull it off. Last year I literally spread those eggs around 11 am because the ground was too soppy that morning.

Have a wonderful day and prayer to all.

Lissau
March 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
@jean l don't like the cold ....l love the heat so l've been very happy with the hot weather......it will be cold and wet soon enough.....l'll enjoy the great weather whilst l can .......l tend to hibernate in winter blah !!!!?...

Granny Judy
March 12th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I'm late, again.... the time change is doing me in..
Today I have no plans.. none!! I need to do a quick sweep of the sewing area and front room: just to pick up the fur tumble weeds that are hiding everywhere. Thankfully the rain has stopped and the Sun is trying to peek out at me..

Had to check in on everyone first.. and see I need to do a special prayer or two for our Family here at M*... Know that I will do extra ones for Summer and the "D's".

Lindagie
March 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Cold and clear so far this morning. Got a call from my son; so far no baby. Hope things move along after the doctor gets there this morning. Think I will get some things done here and then head down to the hospital a little later on. Right now just having a quiet cuppa joe before I start moving.

Jackiejs
March 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM
You can all send your rain my way. We need it bad. The grass is trying to turn green, but it's having a hard time.
Suppose to be in the 70's the rest of the week. We are up here in Northern California.
I love reading all your comments for your plans for the day. I think I better get some sewing done today. Have a new grandson coming in May.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

GinnyKNC
March 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Good Morning - I'm late because I've been working all morning. I too love love love spring and new life. My daffodils are in full bloom along with my hyacinth. The crocus, tulips, gardenia, hydrangea, lilys and irses are getting ready. And I can't wait for the peonys, lilacs, roses, azaleas and dogwoods. I've been singing rain rain go away but since I want all those flowers to bloom I decided to stop singing that and just stay inside until it stops :)
Have a blessed day everyone and think spring :)

Tanya D
March 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday!

It's cloudy and chilly here today. The sun is slowly peeking thru but it's going to stay chilly all day.

Last night I took my son to his personal trainer, dropped him off and went to visit my old roommate. We haven't seen eachother in years and it was wonderful to catch up. I love a friend that you can just pick right up with like you just saw them yesterday. We only had an hour but we sure packed a lot of chatter into it!

Tonight my son is back on the turf for his lacrosse tryouts. He's already on the team, would have made the team without the cash grab tryout fee but he's having fun and meeting some new people that will be his teammates so I guess I won't grumble too much about the $30 I spent.

I haven't had much time to sew but when I do, the denim I am working with is giving me trouble. I put my walking foot on at the suggestion of a few forum members which seems to be working a bit better but I noticed my bottom stitches are loose on a few seams so I'm going to have to do some ripping and rethread my bobbin. And the strangest thing happened yesterday while I was sewing...my needle just dropped right out of it's holder, mid-stitch. I have never had that happen before.

Well, I'm at work and I'm not working much so I had better get off of here.

Summer is in my prayers as she spends time with her mom. Daisy too as she fights her battle. Steffi too as she prepares for her surgery and anyone else who requires prayers.

Smile...nothing matters but the weekend from a Tuesday point of view.

bakermom
March 12th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Blondie, you're getting the rain we had yesterday. just cold and dreary here today but I've heard rumors of snow by tomorrow. My bulbs are up 4-5 inches though and i had crocus blooming Sunday. We don't garden anymore but my kids all do. They pass their overflow on to us. I'm still feeling kind of lazy yet. Really not motivated to do anything.

Iris Girl
March 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Today is my day off!!! so far I went with hubby to get the vehicle inspected, then went to walmart, staples , home depot and joanns.then we came home and my son took me to pick my car up at the shop where it was getting new power steering hoses. Back home from that . I have banana nut muffins in the oven and potato bread in the bread maker. finally got to sit a min. busy busy busy. Oh yeah and its rainy and foggy here and 55 degrees at the time.

buckeyequilter
March 12th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Blondie, you're getting the rain we had yesterday. just cold and dreary here today but I've heard rumors of snow by tomorrow. My bulbs are up 4-5 inches though and i had crocus blooming Sunday. We don't garden anymore but my kids all do. They pass their overflow on to us. I'm still feeling kind of lazy yet. Really not motivated to do anything.

We're getting some snow/rain mix stuff going on here right now. It's cold out there today.

shannonsaulter
March 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
GM everyone its loking like a beauty of a sunny day here...woke up got my coffee and the looked at email and had a message saying I won the quilters points this week..YAY a great surprise for sure...
Its my Thursday at work and tomorrow is it for 4 days I get to enjoy family,friends and fabric...YAY!!!
hope everone finds their smile today prayers for those that need them..(((HUGS)))

CountryHut
March 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM
up before the local Roosters - had a dental appt this morning -- after driving for 2 hours to get to the appt on time -- *stomping foot*~ - the whole office was closed - and the pin heads left a message on my home phone 10 minutes before my scheduled appt - I'm sorry but we had a medical emergency - our office will be closed all day - now I can't get back in for an appt until Friday *sigh*~
that means another 2 hours of driving in more rush hour traffic . . OH LORDY - thank goodness I don't have to do that everyday . . *smacking forehead*~ . . I would end up seeing a shrink instead -- just for road rage . . . LOL*~

so, guess what I did . . yes you got it -- Retail Therapy . . that always seem to calm everyone down . . *orange peel smiles*~ . .
so I figured while out -- I would go food shopping too . . . now I don't have to go anywhere -- but to the mailbox and to bed . .*oh yes nap times are good*~

I just found the hubby's army issued ear plugs *evil grin*~ .
well since the hubby will be off for the next 5 days --. guess where those babies are going . .
WHAT . . What . . sorry didn't hear ya Hon . . . *singing*~ . .oh Happy Days

well, I'm off to pack some orders and then I have a meeting with my sewing machine . . .

ya'll have a wondamist day :)

auntiemern
March 12th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Good day all. Muffins sound good. So proud of you Jean for saying that 'NO' word. Rough nite last night. Kept bumping toe on covers..ouch. Going to try to finish up the jungle quilt for sis shower gift. No piecing, just quilting around the 'wedding rings'. Think I may put a ruffle on it. (I can do that now, thanks to one of our wonderful members that gave me a ruffler foot). Today is also last day of DD's vacation, so tomorrow it is back to watching GK's. Off to work on the quilt. Hugs and blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

sally
March 12th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Uggh...yesteday was sunny and mild as was the weekend. Got my garden all cleaned up and I swear I could smell spring. WRONG! Today we woke up to snow and it hasn't stopped yet. What a mess. Not much on the plate for today...work and then some Scottish country dancing in the evening...IF the snow lets up!

Take care ...big hugs, Shauna

Sandy Navas
March 12th, 2013, 09:24 PM
And a fresh from the garden 'mater sammich.

Mom, Blondie's pickin' on me. She know thar ain't nuttin' in da world like a home-grown 'mater! She's making my mouth water!!!

debinmalaga
March 12th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Evening all! Been an action packed few days, had the weekend in NJ with family, then the stomach bug from hell. Back to work today a little wobbly but thanking heavens the bug was short lived. Having great fun looking at patterns for small projects I want to make to help support a local animal rescue. Hope everyone is having a Tremendous Tuesday :-).