PDA

View Full Version : Almost finished . . .

Sandy Navas
January 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
The last photos of my new sewing room.

SuzyQue
January 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Great space! Great organization! I bet you can't wait to get in there and sew and craft! If you are like me, though, it won't stay this neat for long. I tend to get busy and not keep picked up. Hopefully, that habit will change for me and it isn't even an issue for you. Great job! Your studio looks fantastic! Suzy Que

quiltingtrish
January 4th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Wow Sandy! I love all your photos!
Using a gutter - what a great idea!
Your wire squares with those bins inside them - are they cardboard and do you remember where you got them? I have the wire squares but no bins to fit. So, I have my Longaberger baskets slipped inside them that holds my quilting stuff.
Is that a pool or a large pond outside? That's really pretty. Bet you get all kinds of things to watch out there.
Should you keep your machines that you don't use? They sure look pretty and I say to keep them if you have room for them and they make you happy when you look at them.

Thanks for sharing your photos. I certainly didn't get tired from oogling and if you want to post more, I say - go on ahead!

Hugs,

StitchingTime
January 4th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your sewing "studio". Your view is unbelievable then everything else just fits right in.

Two questions: 1st - What size are your core boards that you put your fabric on? 2nd - Where do you find the large rolls of stabilizer?

Your room is awesome and I need ideas. My room is good but needs some tweeking to become wonderful.

Thanks again for sharing your "studio".
Jo Ann

RFREE
January 4th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Love your sewing room Sandy. I have gotten a few great ideas looking at all your photos. Great job.

craftyladysam
January 5th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Sandy thanks for sharing your photos! Your room looks great! I know you want to stay in there all the time, I would.

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your sewing "studio". Your view is unbelievable then everything else just fits right in.

Two questions: 1st - What size are your core boards that you put your fabric on? 2nd - Where do you find the large rolls of stabilizer?

Your room is awesome and I need ideas. My room is good but needs some tweeking to become wonderful.

Thanks again for sharing your "studio".
Jo Ann

Jo Ann - the foam core boards come from Dollar Tree and are (originally) 20 x 30 inches. I bought a case + of them and I use my rotary cutter and cut them into six 10 x 10 inch pieces. That's what best fits on my storage rack. I had originally thought I'd cut them into 4 10 x 15 inch pieces but getting six and not four is a bonus for me. I do tend to gravitate towards remnants instead of buying yardage, so that size worked perfectly for me. I did have some smaller pieces of fabric so I cut the 10x10 inch piece down the middle and used a 10 x 5 inch piece for fabric about the size of a fat quarter.

I buy my stabilizer from Thread Art http://www.threadart.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=16
They have some truly fantastic sales and I always stock up. 100 FT rolls.

StitchingTime
January 9th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Sandy, your sewing "studio" is such an inspiration. I have a nice sized room (think I said that before) but it is not organized quite right. I really like the way you have stored your fabric. I have mine in bins, sorted by color, fabric line, or something specific (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.) and that helps when looking for something.

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful "studio" and the great ideas.

Jo Ann