PDA

View Full Version : What should I do....

buckeyequilter
March 11th, 2013, 08:37 AM
On Jan. 31 I ordered a hopping foot, rulers and table from http://www.finishingtouchesquiltingstudio.com/

Now this wasn't cheap...the total was $186. It was billed to my credit card on Feb. 1 so they already have the money.

I didn't receive any kind of confirmation message so about 1 week later I e-mailed to make sure they had received the order. She did e-mail me back immediately and said yes. On their site it says it takes 2-3 weeks to process the order. So time goes on....around March 1, I e-mail her again to see how long it will take. She said they had to order parts and they would be in the first part of the next week....week of March 4. It seems that I have to initiate all contact with her.

Since then I have heard nothing else...now my question is:

Should I wait this week which will make it 6 weeks or cancel now and ask for a refund?

Thanks for your help!

Monique
March 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I would attempt to contact them once more and if you are not satisfied, tell them you want to cancel the order and will find some other place to get what you want.

buckeyequilter
March 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I would attempt to contact them once more and if you are not satisfied, tell them you want to cancel the order and will find some other place to get what you want.

I'm afraid I'm going to run out of "nice" and just e-mail her with "where the h*** is my stuff". I feel that they should not have charged my credit card until they sent the merchandise.

Roxanne
March 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I just looked at the website and it says that rulers and tables are made to order from scratch in the order they get them by two guys who have full time jobs. That is probably the delay. Is there something special about their rulers? I didn't look at the whole site just the first page.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 11th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I ordered a open toe foot for my longarm from a place and it, too, was very expensive. It took forever to get here. But I did get it. I am on a Tin Lizzie forum, and some people have been waiting for over a year for an add on part. I would have lost patience on that one for sure. But I think it took at least 6 weeks to get that foot for my machine. I had forgotten I had ordered it.

bakermom
March 11th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I would be a bit annoyed that I was charged so soon. Many places don't actually charge you until the order is shipped. That's a lot to have tied up with no product in hand. I would call one more time and try to pin them down. Then get CC company/bank involved if you are not satisfied with the answer. If they have had a problem getting parts etc., it's their responsibility to let you know of the delay.

GinnyKNC
March 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I would call again and remind them that you are the customer and that you should not have to be the one contacting them that they should be contacting you letting you know why things are late. If there isn't anything special about their items I would tell them you want a refund and not use them again. I will tell you that when I ordered my table it also was a made to order to fit my sewing machine that they told me 6 weeks and it was around 6 weeks before I received it. You would just like people to be upfront and honest with you. The wonderful world of online ordering. Sometimes it works out great and other times it doesn't.

buckeyequilter
March 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I think what bothers me most is no communication on their end. They charged the credit card and on their site it says (even with a 2-man team) two to three weeks...it is now going on 6 weeks.

Is there something special about their rulers?

These are rulers to be used with a machine and hopping foot to do straight line quilting, which is almost impossible with FMQ without rulers.

CrazyMtnLady
March 11th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Shirley, I noticed there is a phone number on the website. I would call them instead of sending an e-mail. DH is a good one for getting to the point and isn't afraid to ask for a supervisor or higher up if he does not get satisfaction with the customer service. It's worth a try.

Roxanne
March 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I think what bothers me most is no communication on their end. They charged the credit card and on their site it says (even with a 2-man team) two to three weeks...it is now going on 6 weeks.

These are rulers to be used with a machine and hopping foot to do straight line quilting, which is almost impossible with FMQ without rulers.

You can get rulers for FMQ other places that don't have to be custom made. I bought one when I bought my Sweet 16. It is made by handiquilter. Check out their website or do a search for FMQ rulers. I just got a line tamer ruler and it was here in about 3 days after ordering.