PDA

View Full Version : Monday and it isn't raining

Blondie
March 11th, 2013, 05:47 AM

Hey Hey Hey Folksies ! It's Monday, It isn't raining and I am feeling right fine! I am not going to quibble about residual cobbies in the head, cough, or complain about a thing. I can say I feel alive and it's a good feeling.

Yesterday was a mixed bag of stuff. I did a little bit of hand sewing; still not trusting myself around machinery. (If you were in my head, you would say, thank goodness for once you are listening to your own good advice)
I was able to see my Mom for a bit. My kids were over for a while, I made the lemon pie and two huge batches of banana bread. One batch was banana/blueberry. Can anyone say - Git your own because this is all mine, mine, mine! hehehe. There was enough to cut up big chunks for everyone to carry home. Good thing everyone has a good appetite on The Hill. Everyone comes over at different times and it was a very casual day. Middle son Josh and his gal pal brought over their new fur baby, Honey Bear. I didn't get pictures either. rats! Next week, Josh will hopefully be back over with the wee one and I will take pics. Lil baby is too precious. We all think he is a chi-weenie.

Spring Fever. Is it hitting you yet?? Nothing like losing the past few weeks between Luscious and I to feel far behind in everything. And since Easter is early this year, it is really hitting me. I have neglected my seedlings in the basement; ah, go ahead and spill the beans - I totally forgot about them the past two weeks so in a short while I will find out if they shriveled up or not. I am not counting on good news there.

Y'all need to make sure you find something to smile about today. I do believe a small nap will be in order.

Prayers, hugs, to all of you from a very grateful heart here.

Renate
March 11th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Dear Blondie,

it must be really early in North Carolina, here in Switzerland it is only 10 am. Also raining, also very ugly outside (as they promissed, winter comes back for 1 week).

What made me smile today? Awaking and seeing my husband in deep sleep, so peaceful and quiet, feeling how much I love him, more and more each day and thanks God that I am allowed to awake next to him each day.

Iris Girl
March 11th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Good Morning Blondie, You are up early today, so glad you are feeling much better, Banana Bread is delicious, I need to get making me some If icould find some bananas that were more yellow then green. would love your lemon meringue pie recipe though. Work today and its cloudy but gonna be warm in the 50's so I'll take it.

nurrsey
March 11th, 2013, 06:24 AM

I am up....my usual insomnia. I have been away from the forum for awhile while I was recovering from surgery...I read occasionally but was not up to the day to day forum. Glad I'm back though....I missed everyone here!!

It is raining here and it has been for the last 3 days...at least it is melting some of the snow.

I did make one of Jennie's totes last week and am mostly pleased with it. Yesterday we cleaned the carpets in the basement which is where my sewing room is and I organized and cleaned up my space. Now since it is all clean, I feel more like sewing. I am going to hit it hard today. I joined Suzi's new block swap, Butterflies in the Garden, and they are really pretty and easy to piece.

I am also in the process of being hired for a new job. I am in the credentialing process right now...this is the longest part of hiring for a nurse practitioner or other provider. I will be flying to Scottsdale, AZ for a week in April for training. I am looking forward to the warm weather since WI has had quite a bit of snow.

I hope everyone has a happy and productive day with the good Lords blessings! :icon_bigsmile:

mamaquilt
March 11th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Hi Blondie and all the quilting ladies/men at the forum,

A bit early for a "sick" or better "recovering" lady, isn't? As it is 10.30 here now. You better behave and get back to bed or else the beautiful jailor will scold you.

Well in Luxembourg it's getting cold again. What we call up North in the country they had snow already tonight. Not much about 2". Tonight it'll will get under 0 and the weatherforcast for tomorrow is snow and colder.

But I'm not complaining about the weather, because that doesn't help. Got some 20 menshirts to rip apart after I washed them yesterday. Some real nice once and I'm filling up my stash.

I really don't need much to get me smiling and keeping me happy. But first I have some house chores today.

So you all have a nice start in the week

Michèle

Bubby
March 11th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Good Morning..

I'm up early because I have a doctor appointment out of town. DH is taking me..he isn't letting me drive yet.

I had an uneventful weekend (yay!)...no drama, no surprises, just lots of slow rain and naps. Blondie, glad to hear you are on the mend. Try to ease back into the pace of life. I hope you seedlings are just waiting for you to give them a drink and some light.

Miss Molly is Yoo-Hooing to come into my room. I wish everyone a good Monday and a productive week. Michele, good to hear from you. Good luck with those shirts! Nurrsey, good to see you online again...!

Everyone take care....Hugs, Barb

Musical_Starling
March 11th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Happy Monday!! Hopefully I'll get my new computer today and I can get back on track. You never understand how important the darn things are until you have to do without them. When I was buying a new sewing machine, I paid less than $400 for it and I felt horrible for spending that kind of money on something just for me. Yet my computer crashes and I drop $600 on a new one, no questions asked lol Not much in the works today, just a bit of sewing. I'm making a Jacob's Ladder quilt for grandma-in-law as she's in the hospital with back pains and needs a quilty hug. So more of those blocks will be cut and made today and the rest of the day will probably be spent fiddling with my new laptop and removing the dreaded Windows 8 and reverting it back to Windows 7. But the geek in me is looking forward to the challenge :D

Have a great Monday everyone! And hopefully you all wake up in a better mood than Tinkerbelle did this morning:

MRoy
March 11th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning early birds! Well, it's very windy here today with rain on the way and turning colder as the day goes on...not lovely weather especially for travel which I have to do today. Yesterday, I shortened the 5 sets of mini-blinds in the sewing room. I'd never shortened blinds before (don't have them in my house), but it wasn't that hard to do after all. I haven't found sewing themed fabric for curtains or valances that "speaks to me" yet.

Wishing everyone a great day!

ChristineB
March 11th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning All! This is unique for me because I should be getting into my office right about now and opening my laptop for a full day of work; but instead I'm lying in bed, not feeling well at all. I wasn't feeling well yesterday either. I will get my laptop out and work on a couple of spreadsheets later, but for now, I'm still resting!
Hope everybody has a great day!!

MayinJerset
March 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Morning all. Not raining here but it's pretty grey out. I don't care because I'm not going anywhere as I'm very tired after a busy weekend. Yesterday's family dinner for DH's Bday was very nice, all eleven of our family that live in Jersey made it. 1 1/2 yr old great grandson Jack had a ball feeding himself his lunch of slices of turkey breast, a hunk of Italian bread and lots of fresh fruits, OH and a piece of birthday cake too. He is so cute and looks just like his dad and also his granddad, DS#1, big blue eyes and lots of blond hair.

Found out DGD Mary will be visiting just before Easter so I better get cracking on her quilt so she can take it back to CA with her. First I need to finish the leaf quilt I'm working on so I have something for Show & Tell at Lancaster this Friday night. Making a list of fabrics I need so I'll be ready when I hit the quilt shows there.

Blondie and others recovering from sickness just take it easy today and so should those a little under the weather too.

Monique
March 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Good morning every one. Blondie, take it slow. Get yourself to 100% slowly. I hope your seedlings survived.

Jeannette, good luck with credentialing.

Barb, you just let hubby take care of you.

Michelle, have fun adding to your stash.

Dee you have such a big heart.

Christine, feel better soon.

Myrna, safe travels.

Renate, I am so longing for spring. But I think we are in store for one last blast from winter before spring gets here.

We picked up Maizyn yesterday. The whole way home she kept repeating, I going to your house? Stopped at McDonalds for a quick supper. I am glad to be home and not having to go to work today. I will enjoy my time with Maizyn. She is still asleep as we speak.

Have a great day everyone.

Monique
March 11th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Morning all. Not raining here but it's pretty grey out. I don't care because I'm not going anywhere as I'm very tired after a busy weekend. Yesterday's family dinner for DH's Bday was very nice, all eleven of our family that live in Jersey made it. 1 1/2 yr old great grandson Jack had a ball feeding himself his lunch of slices of turkey breast, a hunk of Italian bread and lots of fresh fruits, OH and a piece of birthday cake too. He is so cute and looks just like his dad and also his granddad, DS#1, big blue eyes and lots of blond hair.

Found out DGD Mary will be visiting just before Easter so I better get cracking on her quilt so she can take it back to CA with her. First I need to finish the leaf quilt I'm working on so I have something for Show & Tell at Lancaster this Friday night. Making a list of fabrics I need so I'll be ready when I hit the quilt shows there.

Oh May, have a wonderful time in Lancaster at the quilt show. It was my first quilt show trip and it was amazing.

buckeyequilter
March 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
http://freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images_db/691/prod_461_20914.jpg (http://www.freecodesource.com)

Good morning all....

It started raining sometime in the night and hasn't quit yet - looks like we're in for a few raining/snow shower days. This is good sleeping weather...but since I'm at work and they frown on sleeping at my desk I guess a nap is out of the question.

I don't have much on my to do list for tonight so I think I'll just take it easy....maybe pop a movie in and do the hand binding on my quilt.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

meemeecyn
March 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Good Monday morning all my quilting friends! Good to hear you are feeling better, Blondie. It's great having you and your darling 'wisdom attachments' back. Nurssey, good to have you back, too. Hope you are recovering from the surgery and congrats on the new job. Love nurse practitioner's!!! Barb, what a long haul for you! Good luck with the doc....hi to Jeff, too. Have a great time at the quilt show, May! Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, Christine. A day home and comfy should help. Dee, Myrna and all the posters to come after, keep the faith......and take care.

I'm in the process of organizing my sewing room. Months ago, DH had suggested moving it into the bigger spare bedroom, but due to his knee injury and the holidays, we didn't get it. So this weekend, he says let's do it! What a job! But it is already feeling and looking a lot better.

Have a wonderful day all you special peeps.
Cynthia

Jean Sewing Machine
March 11th, 2013, 10:04 AM
It is dark and grey here, so I woke up late. Don't know what the weathwr forcast is, but a big storm moved out of Colorado, I'm sure it is headed this way, the weatherman just now said there were snow flurries! Spring is being an elusive Wench tis year!

Got my Vintage Vogue pattern dress and jacket( circa 1938) almost finished. Tried it on my actress last night, and it looked great. Getting close to bei g finished on this job, then it's back to making quilts, totes, chickens, whatever I want. I've moved up the big star quilt to the top of the to do list, if I can find the right fabric. Need some contrasty coordinates, right?

Get better, you sickies! Glad those who were sick are better! Blondie, you sound a lot better after your bout with the nasties. Everyone, stay well, OK?

And where does everyone get those darling cat pictures?

Lisapc
March 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Good morning all!

I am glad you are feeling better Blondie. Christine I hope you feel better soon.

Renate: Every night before I go to sleep and in the morning when hubby leaves for work I thank God. I am a very lucky woman to have a man I love so much and a man that loves me so much. We keep each other and the kids as our main priority. He is lucky to be alive and I will never forget that every day with him is a gift. Every day he is here for the kids is a gift. While he was sick I craved the mundane/boring. I never have boring but we have routine that is comforting. We cherish the peace of just living. I pretty much slept through last week because I wasn't feeling well and made up for it sewing this weekend. I caught him 4 different times standing in the doorway of my sewing room just watching me. He has this look on his face that I only see when I am sewing, painting, writing or digging in the dirt or doing some project with the kids. He likes me happy and that is the best. I am grateful like you to have that.

I am in a mess today because I cleaned very little last week. I will spend my morning and part of the afternoon cleaning and then sewing for the evening. I got a lot finished over the weekend but have decided to make my GD a purse to match the one I made myself. Tomorrow is our first "Big Girls Day" since her sister was born and I want her to feel special. She always wears something I made on those days so I will make her a purse to match mine and stop at the dollar store on my way to pick her up and get her a new brush and lip gloss for our day out. She will love it.

My little guy is making mug rugs like crazy and now wants to use my embroider machine. I will only let him do the design and push the go button but it will thrill him.

Have a wonderful Monday (is it possible?) to all and prayers as always to who needs them.

aliaslaceygreen
March 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Morning! I have Laylabug today, so am just chiming in before she wakes (yes, champion sleeper is STILL asleep!) hope everyone has a great day!

toggpine
March 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Morning!
Just scooting through. I have been hired by a lady to help her clean and organize her home. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping it doesn't remind me of an episode of "hoarders".
I'll be out of the house most of the day, so the crockpot gets to fix supper! Whoo Hoo!

Big hugs to all y'all!
Cathy

Jean Sewing Machine
March 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Morning!
Just scooting through. I have been hired by a lady to help her clean and organize her home. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping it doesn't remind me of an episode of "hoarders".
I'll be out of the house most of the day, so the crockpot gets to fix supper! Whoo Hoo!

Big hugs to all y'all!
CathyHire a dumpster! It's a godsend for de- hoarding a house!

CrazyMtnLady
March 11th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone. It is a bit dreary out the window this morning. But there are some beautiful birds at the feeders to brighten up the day.
Decided get out some old unfinished embroidery projects I have. I found a table runner, so I am finishing up the embroidery and then I am going to put a quilted back on it.
No big plans today. Will play it by ear and take what comes and smile.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Madeforyouinma11
March 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hello everyone! Wow, I haven't been on the daily thread in a very long time! I've been trying to do a little reading each day and give a little input here and there but I've been out of the loop so to speak.
It started with being really busy working with my daughter on baby shower stuff for my other daughter. Then a friend of hers is a photographer and she photographs babies with prop hats so I made her some of those.
Then on February 27th, my son called from Florida to tell us that his father passed away! That was certainly a shock and very unexpected. While he was down there dealing with things, with the help of his grandfather, I was up here helping my two daughters. He had wanted to be buried up here at the National Cemetary so the arrangements were made and he was flown up here. My son and his grandparents drove up for the services. They arrived on Monday and the services were on Wednesday and Thursday and because of the storm they stayed until Saturday. It was really nice to see my son as it had been a year and a half but not so nice under the circumstances. Then if that wasn't bad enough.....
On the Thursday, the day after we get the news of my ex husband, we were all here for dinner and as we are eating dessert my dog came in the house but had been hit by a car! We all piled into two cars and went to the emergency room. He had no broken bones but had a punctured lung so they had to do a tap to take care of that problem. He spent the night and we picked him up on Friday. He needed lots of care and lots of meds for pain and also an antibiotic. Ugh......on Monday, he wasn't doing so good. I couldn't get him to eat or drink anything and he was really not good. Back to the drs we went and they did more tests to make sure his lungs were good and that he wasn't bleeding internally. Everything was good. He was just in pain and really badly bruised internally.
So, the wake and funeral are over and my Benny is now fully recovered...it's been a crazy couple of weeks, filled with sadness and anxiety, but I'm hoping to be back here full time. I've tried to do some reading each day. I'm sure I missed a few things, but I'll get caught up on the things that I need to before long I'm sure.
Anyway, hoping to get back to normal at full speed and working on projects, baby shower, and hexagons!
Hope everyone has a great day..prayers for those in need and hugs for everyone!

Granny Judy
March 11th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Cil, good to have you back.. Life sure gets crazy at times and I'm sure we all understand.

I'm late getting up and around today. Silly DST messes with my inner time clock.. I'll adjust eventually-- in time to get to the "fall Back" time change, then be messed up all over again. Too late for one and too Early for the other half of the year. If I were IN CHARGE, I'd leave the d(in)g thing alone.

WAs spoilt over the week end. No cooking, no cleaning and food brought to me. Shopping trip where I found more fabric..... And then, Worked on a quilt project... Today I am just lazin around.. got floors that need a good scrub since it has rained and the pups track in MUD!!

Life just keeps trucking along... so I've gotta jump on board and get the old body moving. Hugs to all!!

GinnyKNC
March 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I'm smiling because Blondie is back :) Take it easy though Blondie we don't want to be missing you again. It's a beautiful day here. I went to a quilt show in Charlotte Saturday and made progress on a friends quilt yesterday. My DH finally started to clean up the 'junk' in the back yard yesterday and gave my beautiful golden girl a much needed bath. Have a blessed week everyone and happy quilting.

Lonna
March 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Good Day to all you lovely Ladies,

Sounds like a lot of you are on the mend and doing better. Had a lovely weekend with DH took a monthly saturday off and spent time together. Saturday he went to the quilt shop with me and yesterday I went to Lowes with him. Got a few things done around the house put not much sewing. I did sew together a little peasant dress yesterday for a co-workers daughter she is 2. Told Wayne it was nice to sew something for a little girl as all I have are grandsons.

Have a wonderful day all as I need to get back to work.

shannonsaulter
March 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Good morning a beauty of a day so far the work week is half over and
looking forward to my days off..the weekend was filled with work AMD a bit of sewing
another tote almost done and another chicken made...
Hope everyone has a great day..

auntiemern
March 11th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Good day all. I don't know how you get up that early. I was just going back to bed when you were posting this AM. Dang steroids have me all whacked up. Hot flashes (worse than usual), night sweats, shaky....so I just got back up. Got some more hand quilting done on the top the meemeecyn sent me, not much more to do on that. I have to quilt a shower gift for my sis. I found the cutest fabric at WM. It is a jungle theme, in a wedding ring pattern. So no piecing, just quilting. Going to quilt around the wedding rings. I got giraffe fabric for the backing. Will post pics when I finished. Dr. visit today, and go for labs. Then after the DG's get home I have to take them to exchange Kenzies bike, the one DD got is just a tad to big for her. All that being said I won't get to have me time till this evening. Off to get ready for Dr. visit. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

Lindagie
March 11th, 2013, 05:12 PM
It was VERY cold and windy this morning and spitting snow. It didn't last long, but feels very wintery after yesterday's springy rainy weather. Every morning is a surprise, weatherwise at least!
While DH was doing his cardiac rehab this morning, i was doodling some quilt designs for my baby quilt that I posted yesterday. Not much response, but the suggestions were to crosshatch, so I don't know. I was also thinking circles; I'll have to figure it out like today, so I can mark it or tape it or whatever and get going on it. The plan is to induce, which means the baby will be here tomorrow. Getting so excited to meet the new little guy! Praying for a safe delivery for Mom and baby.
Blondie, any ideas for me? Also, several peeps want your pie recipe. If you decide to share, I would love it; lemon is one of my favorites! I did make banana bread on Saturday; turned out pretty good! Peace to all. Gotta take the dog out for her walk.

Sandy Navas
March 11th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Hire a dumpster! It's a godsend for de- hoarding a house!

But it is MY HOUSE, Jean - and I'm afraid if a dumpster is brought in Cathy will try to fill it with all my stash and sewing machines.

toggpine
March 12th, 2013, 02:44 AM
But it is MY HOUSE, Jean - and I'm afraid if a dumpster is brought in Cathy will try to fill it with all my stash and sewing machines.

No, no, NO! :icon_shake: Silly Sandy! :icon_shake:

The fabric & machines go in the back of MY car. :icon_whistle:
Although in your case, I'd need to bring the 16' gooseneck stock trailer to get all of that goodness home!