PDA

View Full Version : Went to Colorado!

twnkeyes
March 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM
As I posted a couple weeks ago my husband resigned from his job and we took off for Crested Butte, CO. What a beautiful part of our country! We are not skiers but we went dog sledding, snowmobiling and took a trail ride in the snow! Now, a trail ride is a HUGE feat for me. I was bucked off our family horse when I was 16, didn't get back on and hadn't been too close to a horse in 37 years! It has always been a bone of contention with me that I had such a fear so, I had a great trail guide who was understanding and put me on a horse called Eve. She was the sweetest of sweet. The funny thing is, my husband is the one that got thrown from his horse, Amos. Luckily it was straight into the snow! Amos was spooked by a very loud car located a long way away and took off, ran into our friends horse, Royal, and my husband promptly was thrown sideways into the snow. I said, "Honey, I'm glad you're ok but boy am I glad it was you and not me!" I would have never gone hear a horse again! We had a wonderful time with friends while in CB but flew home yesterday and went straight to the minor emergency clinic with a sinus and ear infection! I'm so glad it waited to kick in on Friday night! I'm on a ZPac so I'm on the mend. I checked into the news on the forum and always feel "at home." I don't post too often but just had to tell you all I conquered my fear! Hugs to everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 10th, 2013, 03:56 PM
What an adventure! Sorry to her you are sick. I guess you missed being snowed in, I heard there were a lot of cancelled flights out of Denver yesterday and today.

Carolyn23
March 10th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Glad you had such a good time in Colorado! Also glad that you waited until the end to get sick. I was born and grew up in Colorado and until a couple months ago we had a second home there. I love that state and would love to live there again. But we have grands who are only five minutes away from us now so I wouldn't leave them for the world! Just wish the Texas grands lived here too!

Anyway...welcome home! Now to get rested up from your vacation!

lilmouse
March 10th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Very proud of you for conquering your fear and am glad you had a good time...sorry you got sick at the end!

shannonsaulter
March 10th, 2013, 09:56 PM
sounds like you had a great time! I love the snow but DH doesnt he says its because I've never lived in it...So glad you got along with Eve ounds like you'll be back in the saddle again!