PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead ...Can you say Addicated

Lissau
March 10th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Ok so l started out watching season 1........ l'm now up to episode 4 of season 3 and l'm addicated to it and l've got to say the makeup they do on the walkers is just amazing ...and yes l do get a little squirmish at times ..yet l cant stop watching hahahaha..anyone else like me ??

Blondie
March 10th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I KNEW you would love it Lisa! YAY!
There is another show here in the states called Face Off. It is a competition for movie make up artists that you might would enjoy.
Oh yeah, Lisa's a real "dead" head. Now you can start having your own walkers party - sis and I always make creepy sounding things that are quite delish. We gather with my DD, her fiance Stevie, our hubs and my middle son Josh and his gal pal. We make a full day of the first of the season and last of the season. Any reason for a party here on The Hill is a good reason. This summer we shall do our Bigfoot parties and maybe go 'Squatching.

Jess1377
March 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Oh yes! I love that show and Downton Abby, as well as Face Off that Blondie mentioned too! Walking Dead has a surprisingly good story dosnt it and you get so involved in the characters you really get upset when one dies or disappears!

Lissau
March 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM
LOL !!! Blondie hahaha ...........l've watched face off its amazing ...it airs on sf (scifi) channel here..truly amazing...we call it paid tv instead of cable but its virtually the same thing.lt sounds like you have alot of fun with the tv shows

Shaylene99
March 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I always thought my husband was so silly for watching The Walking Dead.....but then I started watching it and I'm completely addicted too!

Blondie
March 10th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Well I am the proud mama of introducing the Walking Dead to the family. I watched it all by myself in my spooky basement and couldn't believe it. I insisted my sister get the hooligan scared out of her next and did my famous three way calling to the rest of the clan. My DD's sweetie pie, Stevie has gotten into it as well. Many times sis and I will go over to Steve and Sarah's as they have a big big screen tv. Nothing like zombies on a large screen with HD. Way too cool.

Also, of course on our viewing pleasure has been Downton Abbey and of course we do watch Finding Bigfoot. Go ahead and laugh at me. I find them hilarious to watch and also who says that bigfoot can't exist? The woods around here are right squatchy. I plan on going out in the woods this spring with plaster of paris to make molds of prints.

For those who think I am nuts, let me say this. I embrace the child inside of me. While I am an adult, childhood is always calling me. I had a good childhood, enjoyed my children's years with me and I reckon I will never be bored. The real world is soooo full of depressing things like politics, money troubles, sickness, etc. While I don't hide my head in the sand, I do CHOOSE to think on and do things that make me feel a bit silly and fun at the same time. Who cares if I am officially a granny? I will always be young in my heart and look for big foot tracks. lol
If my own NC Granny was still living, she would be hollering her squatch calls and finding prints too. Oh yeah, I get it all naturally.

Lissau
March 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Blondie you need to listen to this mate its coast 2 coast am and its a discussion about bigfoot...l wont laugh at you as l'm the one who firmly believe in aliens/ extraterrestials..and l think god was as well ..... love coast 2 coast am and listen to it online its right up my alley...........link is below

Coast To Coast AM (Feb 17 2013) Bigfoot DNA/ Phoenix Lights C2CAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tearST_J7Uc

CrazyMtnLady
March 10th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Nope....not gonna do it .... you can't make me...you can't make me. I do not like scary movies or shows and will not watch them! PERIOD!

K. McEuen
March 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I watch it weekly and have the first two seasons on DVD.

I keep wishing Karl would get eaten by a zombie. Dunno, but that kid annoys me, although he's getting a bit better now ...

Roxanne
March 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Oh yes! I love that show and Downton Abby, as well as Face Off that Blondie mentioned too! Walking Dead has a surprisingly good story dosnt it and you get so involved in the characters you really get upset when one dies or disappears!
Hubby and I recently discovered Downton Abby. We are watching it on Amazon Prime. We are about halfway thru season 2 and we are definitely addicted.

GuitarGramma
March 10th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Nope....not gonna do it .... you can't make me...you can't make me. I do not like scary movies or shows and will not watch them! PERIOD!

I'm with you! I've gotten a little better now, but as a kid I would hide in the bathroom and run the water while my mom & brother would watch horror flicks. I couldn't take even hearing them, let alone watching them. Oh, they frightened me so. I still don't like them, not one bit! Not that I want to stop anyone who does enjoy them, but I can't handle them.

CrazyMtnLady, want to join me ne for a sweet chick flick?

Lisapc
March 10th, 2013, 07:46 PM
We record it on the DVR because of the amount of commercials. It is ridiculous. We actually wait until we have 2 shows recorded before we watch because it is so little content. I do like the show and I also wish Carl would get eaten by a Zombie. He is really creepy.

Bigfoot? Why not? It wouldn't surprise me at all to find they exist. I would like to see one, maybe I should take a trip to Vermont. I here they live there too!

GrammaBabs
March 10th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Blondie.. you hit it on the head....the child in us,(for those that LOVED what we did and had)... loves "different"... disney,,,, Downton, let's hear it for "Ripper Street" ,,,, " Sons of Anarchy"... and the newest... Banshee... i'm a weirdo.. most of my friends will not watch any of it and sit and watch "house after house," sold and renknowed" on HGTV... i hate them since they gave us thier "craftieness"...