PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day in the UK

ElaineP
March 10th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all my forum friends!!

It's Mother's Day in the UK today - I'm not sure whether it is anywhere else!

I hope all of you have a great day and that you are always treated as a special person, that you get help with the chores and have all the love of your family. If you are not a mum (mom) still have a great day.

Elaine x

dwil23
March 10th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Happy Mother's Day to you and all of our UK friends! Mother's Day in the states is the second Sunday in May, this year the 12th. But really, shouldn't we celebrate our Mother's every day?

rebeccas-sewing
March 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Thank you! My kids aren't over here so it doesn't feel like Mother's Day to this old American. Happy Mother's Day to all the Brits on our Forum who have children. Hope they are showering you with lots of love and letting you know they appreciate you.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Happy Mother's Day to our UK moms! We have to wait two more months here in the US to celebrate this day.

Musical_Starling
March 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Me Mudder

When me prayers was poorly said
Who tucked me in me widdle bed
And spanked me arse till it was red?

Me Mudder.

Who lifted me from me nice warm cot
And set me on an ice cold pot
And made me pee if I could not?

Me Mudder.

And when the morning light had come
And in me cot I dribbled some
Who wiped me tiny widdle bum?

Me Mudder.

Who did my hair so neatly part
And hold me gently to her heart
And sometimes squeeze me 'til I fart?

Me Mudder.

Happy Mudder's Day to all our UK ladies! :D

Bubby
March 10th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Wishing our UK sisters a very Happy Mother's Day!

Monique
March 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Happy Mother's Day to you across the pond.

brenmar
March 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone on Mothers Day in the UK. I have a daughter in Scotland and a son in Wisconsin so I get two Mothers Days - lucky me!

Having started on Summer in the Park I've been reading some of the threads on jelly rolls and the problems some of you have with matching up the edges. I remember reading one time that we have to be careful to choose professionally cut rolls (e.g. Moda) versus those that may be cheaper but cut 'unprofessionly' by the seller - they may not be an accurate two and a half inches width. It's also worth knowing (as Natalie points out in the M* Summer in the Park tutorial) that when using a pinked jelly roll and an un-pinked one together always have the pinked on top with a slight visible un-pinked edge showing underneath. Does that make any sense at all??!!

TTFN as we say in the UK

Lindagie
March 10th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Happy "Mum's" day to all of our UK friends. Hope all of your children treat you to a wonderful day!

Blondie
March 10th, 2013, 10:47 AM

Happy Mothers Day to all of my UK quilting sisters! Enjoy your day; it's all about YOU.

Blessings

Blondie

Mpyles
March 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all my forum friends!!

It's Mother's Day in the UK today - I'm not sure whether it is anywhere else!

I hope all of you have a great day and that you are always treated as a special person, that you get help with the chores and have all the love of your family. If you are not a mum (mom) still have a great day.

Elaine x

Happy Mother's Day!

nana margaret
March 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Many thanks and a happy Mother's Day to you. Have been spoiled rotten as we say here! My son and his wife invited us to their house for Sunday lunch, our 2year old grandson had made a picture to hang on the wall and it has been the most perfect day, hope yours is too. :icon_happy:

Granny Judy
March 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Loved Dee's little contribution.. Me Mudder. And do hope every "neighbor" has a wonderful day..and losts of love for the rest of the year.

Lisapc
March 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I love Mother's Day. I hope you all have the best Mother's Day ever!

auntiemern
March 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Happy Mothers Day to all the UK mums. Ours is in May.

lilmouse
March 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Wishing all of our UK Mom's a very happy Mother's Day...hope it is a great day for all of you!