PDA

View Full Version : Sister Visit

Rhonda D. Matzker
March 10th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Got to make a trip to STL this weekend and spend some time with my sis (auntiemern) and her 3 beautiful gc. The two girls' birthday party was this weekend and sis help me finish sopping for material to make my d-i-l a coin quilt for Christmas. I will post pictures when I get it put together. Look forward to hearing what everyone has been up to since I had been gone so long.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 10th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Have a great time in St. Louis with that sweet sis of yours! You'll have a ball shopping for fabric with her.

Monique
March 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Have a wonderful time with your sister.

Blondie
March 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I think that this is just what you two need! Some good fun time together. There is NOTHING like a sister to keep you in line with what is important in this world. My own Sis and I are always amazed at how we never run out of things to talk and laugh about. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to be Marilyn's sis.

And for those reading this who don't have a biological sister, that is why God invented the MSQC forum, so you could have a sister.

CrazyMtnLady
March 10th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Have a wonderful time. I don't have a biological sister...always wanted one though.

Iris Girl
March 10th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I don't have biological sis either , I also always wanted one. Have a great time with your sis!!

auntiemern
March 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, Yeah. A regular fun fest. ( I can get very cranky, lol) Spent the evening last night watching movies. Then we went through part of my stash, looking for fabric to make her a table topper, and a quilt panel that I know I have, for other sis to make her a quilt for a shower. The girls had a ball at their b'day party. Got lots of goodies, bowled and totally depleted me of all my singles and quarters. Between Rhonda and I we had almost $9 in quarters.
As we we leaving, (I drove the little girls) one of Mackenzies little friends, had to hold my hand to help me hobble to my vehicle. Having them with me was so funny. It didn't matter what kind of music we turned the radio to, they would start singing at the top of their lungs. They had me rolling. For the most part it was a good day.

K. McEuen
March 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Have a wonderful time. I don't have a biological sister...always wanted one though.

I have 2, you can have one of mine!

When I went back to Texas for a wedding last May I stayed with my oldest sister. As I was getting ready to leave she started to tear up and said "You don't have to go back, you can stay here and live with me." This from the sister that the other 3 of us referred to as the B!tch while growing up. She even referred to herself that way. She's mellowed a lot in her old age. Hehe. I get along better with her that the other sister or my brother. Well as long as I don't tease her about almost being old enough too be my mom ...

lilmouse
March 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Karen, I have 6 sisters and two brothers....and some of my older sisters are old enough to be my Mom! LOL...Don't see any of them but the one sister that lives near by and we are good friends....she is 10 years older than I am! I also have a sister 10 months younger too and a bunch more under me! I prefer my "online sisters". They are way cool and so much fun and helpful!

Mpyles
March 10th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Aww, glad you got to spend time together. I have 2 sisters, one 6 years older who is a practicing alcoholic, so don't see or hear from her. And then one young sister who passed away may 2009 after a valiant fight with breast cancer, I miss her terribly every day.

Mary
SW Missouri

Sandy Navas
March 10th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I wish both Marilyn and Rhonda were my (added - blood) sisters. I do love my Li'l Sis dearly though and cherish every moment we're together.

auntiemern
March 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Oh honey, I learned a long time ago that blood isn't always thicker than water. You are, without a doubt, one of my 'real' sisters.
I wish both Marilyn and Rhonda were my (added - blood) sisters. I do love my Li'l Sis dearly though and cherish every moment we're together.

MayinJerset
March 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Hope you gals all had a great time this weekend.

I'm the oldest of 7 and my youngest sisters (64 and 62 yrs) are closer to my children's ages than mine. In fact my youngest brother was only 2 years older than my first son. Glad my family lives close enough to see often as there are only 4 of us left. My sister Carol wishes we lived closer as she is a newbe quilter.

Rhonda D. Matzker
March 11th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I agree with Marilyn. We have two that biologically who are our sisters but since we lost our mother, neither one of us consider them family any longer. We don't see them or speak to them so to us they are strangers. Sandy you mean more to us than they ever will.