PDA

View Full Version : Worst Cooks in America

Sharyn J
March 9th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I'm watching this show again and I keep thinking, "Can anyone in America be that challenged in the kitchen?" I know some people can't cook well, but the last time I watched this program, one of the guys put cheese, just cheese, on a hot grill and made a huge mess. He wanted to crisp up the cheese before he made a grilled cheese sandwich!

Today's program.........more train-wrecks!

asta
March 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
May be all exaggerations but it is entertaining, well sometimes the only thing on t.v. with no sex or violence.

Iris Girl
March 9th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I seen that one and I thought WOW ...just WOW

Lisapc
March 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
My friend Janet who was born to an American father, Irish mother was raised in Ireland. She invited me and my daughter over for dinner. She was making Lazagna. It was disgusting. I was trying not to gag when her new boyfriend asked what she put in it. Jar sauce which a lot of people use but then she said jar cheese sauce. Her boyfriend got up, went to the trash and pulled out a jar of cheese sauce. She put it together the night before without cooking the noodles because she figured the sauce would soften them up so you didn't have to cook them. After dinner I took her daughter and mine out for pizza.

Another time she invited us over for stew, her mothers specialty. I thought lets try it. Well her brother was there and took one bite and then took his bowl and dumped it back in the pot. It was beef stew with a lemon flavored broth. Really?

She is the worst cook in two countries.

shannonsaulter
March 9th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I used to burn water...lol... would put it on to boil and then get sidetracked....lol my poor pyrex pan never had a chance...but over the years I've gotten better...lol..I may not be the worst I just dont like to cook thank goodess DH knew that going in...lol..he an my DD #1 do most of the cooking but on my days off I will...Next week corned beef and cabbage

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 10:00 PM
eeewwwww. I may not enjoy cooking as much as I used to but I can find my way around the kitchen right good. And I taught my boys and girl to cook too. No need in not knowing how to make a good grilled cheese sammie.
I've not seen that show Sharyn. Thanks for saving me the time, lol. I am a firm believer in that there is no real cure for stupid.

BellasQuilts
March 9th, 2013, 11:14 PM
I read the title, and I thought it was about me!!!!

kensington
March 10th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I'm watching this show again and I keep thinking, "Can anyone in America be that challenged in the kitchen?" I know some people can't cook well, but the last time I watched this program, one of the guys put cheese, just cheese, on a hot grill and made a huge mess. He wanted to crisp up the cheese before he made a grilled cheese sandwich!

Today's program.........more train-wrecks!

Oh goodness, everyone knows when you want to make cheese crisps, you bake them!

LOL. I know what you mean. They are almost dangerous in the kitchen! What is funny is that some of them don't know simple things like using salt and pepper on food when cooking for flavor.

Hulamoon
March 10th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Love this show! But I feel sorry that they kicked off without learning more. I have burnt vegtables steaming because I forgot to put water in the pot. lol

Monique
March 10th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hard to believe that there really is STUPID people in this world. I mean STUPID!!

Sharyn J
March 12th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Many many moons ago, I put a couple hot dogs in a pan on the stove. So, I was in a hurry! Life took me somewhere else for about an hour. When one of my boys asked what I was cooking on the stove, I replied, "hot dogs!" He said: "Well, mom, the bottom of your stainless steel pan is bright red right now, looks like the volcano is ready to erupt and the bottom of the pan is melting on the stove......so I believe we have HOT dogs!

The bottom of my beautiful copper pan was molten red with black crispy hot dogs attached! I'm actually a superb cook, but everyone makes mistakes....................I just did mine 50 years ago! LOL

MartinaG
March 12th, 2013, 08:56 PM
It is one of my favorite shows - DH and I watched every season so far. I DVR'ed Sunday night's. So far my favorite was the lady who made Vanilla-fried chicken. This season's casting call showed a contenstant who used Pedigree dog food in her stews. YUK YUK DOUBLEYUK! My dogs eat that stuff on occasion and it makes me gag.

One thing I have to say for the chefs is that I learn something every season. So it's not just a good show for bad cooks. Example: did not know that a little vinegar in the water keeps the egg together when poaching.

Sharyn J
March 12th, 2013, 09:25 PM
It is one of my favorite shows - DH and I watched every season so far. I DVR'ed Sunday night's. So far my favorite was the lady who made Vanilla-fried chicken. This season's casting call showed a contenstant who used Pedigree dog food in her stews. YUK YUK DOUBLEYUK! My dogs eat that stuff on occasion and it makes me gag.

One thing I have to say for the chefs is that I learn something every season. So it's not just a good show for bad cooks. Example: did not know that a little vinegar in the water keeps the egg together when poaching.

Oh..........I remember that vanilla fried chicken! Yikes! How awful. I'm still gagging! But I just came home from the pet supply store. Bought my little honey some chicken and brown rice dog food. Now, off to think up something for dinner. :D:D:

Jess1377
March 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Ha! This thread is too funny!! :D I havent heard of that show though, what channel is it on? Sounds amusing to say the least...