PDA

View Full Version : hello?

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM

Hello Folksies
I am alive. No more fussing over me. I don't like fussy budgets and i don't do them well. I am the kind of person that hates to sit with sick folks. Now you can tell me to scrub your toilet or cut your grass and i will do that. I am much more a Mary than a Martha. So, since my family knows that, you would think that they would leave me alone. But no. They kept me almost in chains. Even my mother, although she wasn't allowed in the sick house, was directing my care. Did you hear me scream OY VEY and HECKFIRE SHOOT, ALREADY?! I couldn't scream very loudly because my head hurt too badly but hey folks, here I am. Thank you for the love, prayer and the mushy stuff that we all secretly enjoy.

I should be back to normal soon enough. Well, normyl for me.
I tried to answer some emails yesterday; it will take me some time to get caught up. So much reading to do here, you know I will try to take my time to read them all. I am dying to know about Pami's new neighbors. I vote for keeping it an open thread for postings. I have nutsy neighbors and most of them are family. uh oh!

I was trying to get the picture below of my DD in my photo album but it looks like it is stuck here in my post. Don't know how I did that but oh well. Say hello to my recent jailer, Sarah, who is the bossiest someone on The Hill. Gotta love her, she is my baby. And she is holding one of my Grand dogs that I sit with each week, Lady. Together they are
Brats of the First Order. As in, I am the Baby and what I say goes! Sarah is very much like me, I cannot deny that. Even when she was a teeny thing, she had "me" down.

Be back later kiddos. Y'all are the bestest friends in the whole wide world.
If you could see my bed head, you would smile. No wait, maybe you would run in the other direction. I could audition for the Walking Dead.

SMILE!

Sarah Rachel and Lady

Monique
March 9th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Well hello there friend. Glad you are up and about. Sarah Rachel looks just like you. And you listen to all those caregivers BECAUSE they love you. I know it's hard to keep a good girl down. I am going for a new do this afternoon at my niece's salon. I will take a pic when I can. Take care of yourself Blondie, cause we need you here with us.

Much love,
xoxoxoxo

Swedish leo
March 9th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Glad you back but still take it slow and easy!

Hugs Annika

Iris Girl
March 9th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome back!! take it slow and easy, glad you have family taking care of you, since my mom is gone I have no one that really takes care of me like that except my youngest son. Your daughter is beautiful. and the puppy is cute too.

DCM
March 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
So glad to see you back on the forum! Take care and listen to your family -- they're worried about you -- we all were, too!

quilter.martha
March 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Glad you are on the mend Blondie. You are always missed here on the forum. And, your daughter is beautiful!

This morning is a ladies breakfast at church that I am managing to go to and then it is off to work for a few hours. Tonight we are going to dinner at friends so it promises to be a nice day. The sun is shinning for the first time in over a week, so that is good too.

Everyone have a great weekend!

buckeyequilter
March 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Glad to see you're back and feeling better Blondie.

No real plans for today so I think I'll just take my time and work at cleaning up my sewing room. I know when I get out there I'll think oooh....I want to try this and off I'll go making a block or finding something to work on.

Everyone have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.......

dhubert
March 9th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Blondie-so happy you are on the mend. You must be quite a special lady to have so many awesome friends. Remember what the bible says...."Be still....." You know the rest. It's hard to do when you a doer!! Take care- prayers coming your way from Texas!

MayinJerset
March 9th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Welcome back Girlfriend, It's great to see your smiling face there this morning, also the beautiful smiling face of your DD Sarah who was your recent jailer, LOL! Seems she did an excellent job because you are back! Keep up the good work, I know how you feel about having people fuss at you but sometimes we have to accept it because they love us.

Nice and sunny out this morning, big change from yesterday when it snowed most of the day leaving about 3" of snow, later it turned to rain and it washed much of the snow away. Supposed to be in the 50's today which is great because I don't feel safe walking in snow or icy walks with my cane.

Off soon to a Pillowcase Sew In. It's at a not so local quilt shop that sponsers the American
Patchwork 1 Million Pillowcase project, all pillowcases that are made there by my guild members and shop's customers will be given to kids in our local hospitals. We meet at this shop several times a year for Sew Ins and it's also the biggest shop with the friendiest owners and staff around. My guild also holds monthly pillowcase sew ins at our meeting place, those pillowcases are distributed to 2 hospitals in north NJ, one in Manhattan, NY and the Children's Hospital in Philladelphia, PA. A lot of territory to cover but we usually make at least 1,000 pillowcases each year to fill that big need.

Tomorrow we'll be celebrating DH's 79th Bday with a Soup and Sandwich lunch at our home. Making double batches of French Spring Soup and Creamy Carrot Soup. family favorites and ordering platter of cold cuts. DS#2 and wife are bringing loaves of great freshly baked Italian bread - what's not to like?

Loonwatcher
March 9th, 2013, 09:34 AM
So glad you are back and feeling somewhat better. Hope you are tip top very soon.

Sarah is a beautiful girl and we're so glad she was taking care of you; even if you were a bit perturbed by it.

Take care,

Jean Sewing Machine
March 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Wow, It is so good to get our morning hello from our dear friend Blondie. Hope that virus is losing its nasty grip on our friend, and that you are back to your good self soon! (Notice, I avoid saying "good old self"!) I'm like you, I don't do sick well, I'd rather crawl in a cave and be left alone when I'm sick. Now, as for scrubbing toilets, that's not my forte either! I'd rather be making the mess, rather than cleaning it up! Preferably with fabric!

aliaslaceygreen
March 9th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Look here, Blondie. We had to listen to you carrying on last week all about Luscious and how sick he was and if we want to carry on and worry about YOU, we will, ok? So there.

Thank that Sarah for taking care of you, and be nice about it!!!

It is great to have you back..... but don't try to catch up, just step right into the line where you are.... the things you missed aren't important (or if they are, they will bump themselves back up to your attention!!!)

Seriously... take care, friend!

Cathy F
March 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Good morning all and welcome back Blondie!
Today the sun is shining and hopefully the temperture will continue to rise and melt the snow. Off to meet up with our Saturday morning breakfast group In a little while. It will be a busy day today I have a meet the teacher for two hours today for my classes and potential students, then our daughter and son in law are coming out for a visit.
Hugs, prayers, and smiles to all those who could use some today

Ginny B
March 9th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Well hello there Blondie! So glad to see you again. Now you just listen to all those people fussing over you. Take it easy and you will be back to normal sooner than you think. But if you overdo it you will will wind up having those fussy budgets back again.

Your daughter is beautiful --- just like her mom. :icon_bigsmile: and Lady is adorable.

Have a great day.

Ginny B

CountryHut
March 9th, 2013, 09:51 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Bloooooooooooooondie . . . G'morning Dear one . .

good to see you back and about -- but don't over do yourself -- there's always tomorrow - you don't want to be hog tied down again . .
let them take care of our with a SMILE

and a Good morning everyone . . hope ya'll have a great and super day . .

Bubby
March 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Glad you are up and feeling a bit better. Please take it slow and steady. You have such a pretty daughter. Please let those who love you take care of you.

DH is gone for the morning. It's the first time in over 5 years I haven't been with him when there is work to be done at the apartments. Molly and I are staying home and staying warm.

I finished up the binding on my table runners last night when I couldn't sleep. Will post pics later.

Take care everyone and enjoy your Saturday...I'm heading back to bed. There's a quilt program on PBS this morning about Quilts of Valor I want to watch.

Hugs All Around...Barb

Winniesfriend
March 9th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Nice to have you back Blondie, glad that family of yours is keeping an eye or two on you.

Granny Judy
March 9th, 2013, 10:09 AM
It's so nice to have things looking normal here.. Blondie you are our bestest greeter and friend, so Yes, do take care of yourself.. FOR US.... we get a little crazy without you.. (and it's not the good kind, either)

Hugs and prayers going out to all our Quilting Family.. It's almost Spring, so hang on a few more days then you all can go out to play and get that Winter Gunk blowed off! It'll be wonderful!! And you all will feel 100% better.

Off to do the grub run today and hope to play with my Garden Quilt later.

dwil23
March 9th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Welcome back! We knew they wouldn't be able to keep you down long. Your daughter and puppy are beautiful. Don't you just love weenie dogs? I have one and three weenie granddogs.

I am counting my blessings today and thankful to be alive. I narrowly avoided a head on collision which would have likely sent me spinning under an oncoming semi. Your life can change (or end) in a split second. Take nothing for granted and as Blondie says SMILE.

Prayers to all who need them. Everyone have a Blessed and safe day!

asta
March 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Glad to see you are on the mend Blondie!
:icon_woohoo:

ChristineB
March 9th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Welcome back Blondie! Great that you are starting to feel better! Just don't overdo it too soon!!

It's a bright and sunny day in Milton. I love sitting at my front window with my iPad on my lap, coffee in my hand and warm sun shining through the window (I gotta wash that darn window today!!!). I will be off to the LQS today to look at machines - I have $400 saved up and I need to know how much more $$ I need for a new fancy machine!
Have a fantastic day everyone!!

CrazyMtnLady
March 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
WELCOME BACK BLONDIE!!!!

What a wonderful surprise to wake up and see you back and greeting us. Keep on getting well and take care of the "Bed Head"...LOL

Got the rest of the laundry washed and on the line yesterday, except for the bedding. It is suppose to rain this evening. So I won't be putting anything else on the line today. Besides....IT RAINED LAST NIGHT! :( argh!!!!!! I can't believe they said ...rain Saturday evening and then it rained last night...so the clothes that were drying on the line will have to dry today before it rains.

I think we are finally going to finish the kitchen cabinet today. If you could see the state my house is in you would be embarrassed... I know I am when someone stops over to see DH. If we get it finished today...by tonight I may have some semblance of order back to my world.

My hands are puffy and tinkly this morning. I must have laid on my right arm wrong last night. I know they both get tinkly after I have typed for a while, I think I have carpal tunnel, but waking up with a tinkly hand is different.

Well, Tarbutt is pestering me to go out, DH wants his morning foot rub and coffee. So I guess I am off here for a few.

Will catch up later.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers for all.

Carolyn23
March 9th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Yay, our sunshine is back! Welcome back......so glad you're feeling better!

Divine Daisy
March 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Bout time you got back. Dirty stopabed!

sewbizzy
March 9th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Blondie, I'm so glad you are feeling better...we would not know what to do without you girlfriend...hope you improve everyday...hugs and blessings

ilive2craft2
March 9th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Glad you are feeling better! Don't overdue or it may rebound on you and that is the worst. It's wonderful when family takes care of you....even if you don't really like being taken care of. They are just trying to pay you back for all of the wonderful caring for them that you do, that is such a big part of who you are. Us caregivers have a hard time accepting care back when we need it, but just SMILE and let them do it their way...harder said than done, I know.... :)

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks folksies for the welcome back. I tried to work but you can guess that didn't work out. Couldn't get out of the driveway; just decided to come back in the house and pout. Pouting doesn't work with Sarah but it does work on Luscious. Oh yeah, I still have the magic touch. So for now, since he realizes that I will live, he is putty in my hands all over again. And yeah, I think I have learned my lesson about griping about poor hubs sickness last week. It was like a private revenge played upon me. Sis is not feeling too well this morning so I am praying that no one else around me, gets this. these winter time germs are the worstest.
Donna, how scarey is that for an almost collision. I can tell you from personal experience that it can be a life changer in more ways than one. Be careful and give your angels time to regrow some new feathers for their wings.
Daisy, I can get dirty but what does stopabed mean in your vocabulary? I like to learn new words and phrases to add to my treasure trove of words. And you have sooo many need expressions in the UK.
Now that I am settled back here in the chair for a bit with a FRESH POT of good hot COFFEE from the big fella, (see, I told you - putty in my hands . . . ), I will go over and check out Pami's neighbors and try to get caught up.
Hugs! And yes, I did wash my bed head, so now I can smile at being squeaky clean.

mamaquilt
March 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Glad you're back and please listen to that beautiful jailor of yours. She looks like she could handle you. Don't overdue it please. One step at a time.

greetings from a sunny springy (?) Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Doloris
March 9th, 2013, 12:21 PM
welcome back Blondie. You were really missed

Jess1377
March 9th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Its really great to have you back Blondie!! I love your feisty spirit! :D

lilmouse
March 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Welcome back, you were missed although the other gals tried to fill your shoes while you were gone. And they did a good job. But it wasn't you!
Take it slow and easy for the next few days...as we get older it is harder to bounce back and I am sure you don't want to admit it anymore than I and some of the others do. But facts are facts and you gave all us a good scare. So far I have missed the nasty bug...which is really surprising considering all the contact with the public that I have.

Sandy Navas
March 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM
What a wonderful resemblance and honor to her mother!! Thanks for sharing the picture of your famous jailer.

Talk about bedhead:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbhB6Psvnis-_CeJzP9AXeRIYrk3lICxbzM6fqEESebnQn3G30 (http://www.thelittlefigs.com/2011_02_01_archive.html)

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 01:32 PM
What a wonderful resemblance and honor to her mother!! Thanks for sharing the picture of your famous jailer.

Talk about bedhead:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbhB6Psvnis-_CeJzP9AXeRIYrk3lICxbzM6fqEESebnQn3G30 (http://www.thelittlefigs.com/2011_02_01_archive.html)

If only I looked that good -

shannonsaulter
March 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Blondie go to see you are on the mend..wow your daughter is a beauty!!!
So let's see now the lawn don't you have snow..I think it should be shovel the walk..lol
Is that better...

Divine Daisy
March 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Blondie..........a stopabed is someone who stays in bed late lol. Like a dirty stop out is someone who stays out late

K. McEuen
March 9th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Lady is a cutie. She's a much, much younger version of my Spike.

His favorite pastime.

Not real thrilled to have been called to look at the camera.

Glad you are back, Blondie!

Lisapc
March 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Thrilled to have you back.

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Blondie..........a stopabed is someone who stays in bed late lol. Like a dirty stop out is someone who stays out late

Oh, I get it. Then why didn't you just call me Uncle Jeffy. He's the one who is too lazy to find his backside with both hands. hehehe

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Lady is a cutie. She's a much, much younger version of my Spike.

His favorite pastime.

Not real thrilled to have been called to look at the camera.

Glad you are back, Blondie!

Oh Karen,
As much as I loved our bassie Duke and will miss him until I see him again in Heaven, my second fav are doxies. I used to breed them years ago. And Spike is a cutie. Doxies are just the lovingest poochies and too smart for their own good. Our little Lady is such a snuggle bunny. Her big sister Chey, the shepherd always reminds me of Marmaduke because she is such a moose on the loose next to Lady and Gracie my chi. I have missed my grand pups this week and look forward to romping with them soon. Sarah told me that everytime she says Nana! Cheyenne runs to the car. awwwww.

auntiemern
March 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Welcome back sis. So happy you are feeling better. Glad they managed to keep you wrangled for a few days so you could start to get better. We NEED you here, and miss you terribly when your unavailable. I can see you in your DD Sarah. Same fiery spark in her eyes. You still need to take it easy, so don't over do. Much love and many hugs.

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM
imagine this with blond hair:

Talk about bedhead:

Wwena
March 9th, 2013, 03:47 PM
SO happy to hear from you Blondie, we missed you ad we worried! But enough about that, just you know, take it easy and get well.

I'll shut up now.

Take care!

Tanya D
March 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Glad to have you back Blondie! Continue to rest and feel better.

Your Sarah is beautiful!

pcbatiks
March 9th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Welcome back Blondie......glad you are feeling better! Just behave yourself and don't make us come up there! :D

GuitarGramma
March 9th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Oh, Blondie, it's so good to see you back here on the boards. The place managed to survive without you, but it just wasn't the same.

Now, for the nuts and bolts of it, I know that you're TELLING us that you're all better, but YOU MIXED UP Mary and Martha! If you're forgetting your Bible, then back to bed with you! Your brain needs more rest and sleep.

God bless you!

bkthomas
March 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Look here, Blondie. We had to listen to you carrying on last week all about Luscious and how sick he was and if we want to carry on and worry about YOU, we will, ok? So there.

Thank that Sarah for taking care of you, and be nice about it!!!

It is great to have you back..... but don't try to catch up, just step right into the line where you are.... the things you missed aren't important (or if they are, they will bump themselves back up to your attention!!!)

Seriously... take care, friend!

Ditto! times 2!!!

kensington
March 9th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Glad to see you are feeling better Blondie! Love to read your morning posts. Welcome back.

bec
March 9th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Yay! You're ba-aack ! So glad your family kept the upper hand on you. Oh, I can see the bars just behind Sarah. So she actually kept you in jail! LOL

Evilynn
March 9th, 2013, 08:28 PM
WElcome back! I am glad you feel better :) HOping for a soon compelete recovery :) Pls take a rest once in a while, it does you good too :)

Take care!

NanaB
March 9th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Blondie, so glad you are feeling a little better. We have surely missed your morning cheer. Your jailer daughter is beautiful, and your grand-dog reminds me of my babies that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for me.

Spent the day with friends at the Charlotte Quilt Show. It was a nice show with great vendors, beautiful quilts, and lots of fun. We then headed over to Gastonia to Mary Jo's Fabrics to spend some money.

Don't forget to 'spring forward'. Hugs to all.

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Oh, Blondie, it's so good to see you back here on the boards. The place managed to survive without you, but it just wasn't the same.

Now, for the nuts and bolts of it, I know that you're TELLING us that you're all better, but YOU MIXED UP Mary and Martha! If you're forgetting your Bible, then back to bed with you! Your brain needs more rest and sleep.

God bless you!

OMGoodness! I really did trip up on that one, Toni!

BellasQuilts
March 9th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Keep resting, dear one!

cindyinohio
March 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Glad to see you're feeling better. That virus really knocked the floor out from under a lot of people

MRoy
March 9th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Welcome back Blondie! I missed you.

toggpine
March 9th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Welcome back! I'd wave, but I spent most of the day out in the yard on a seek & destroy mission. If it was growing in the wrong place it was yanked out. If it was too long, it was cut back. I'm not sure hubby & I will be able to walk tomorrow, but we did NOT let the nice sunny day get by us.

I hope you are resting and recovering like a good girl! See you in the morning!
Hugs, Cathy

Blondie
March 10th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Okay folksies, time for me to day good night.
I have been trying to get caught up today - I've been up and down, cat naps here and there. Mostly just enjoying the fool out of feeling better.
I hear the big guy shutting down for the night, calling my name. Sigh. I just realized that I will lose an hour sleep. Yes, I know it's that time, it's been in the back of my mind all day, so, it's a good thing we don't have to get up early in the morning.
Enjoy your evening, night owls.
And I really want to say another thank you to each of you who sent up some prayers, emails and reminding me all the time just how blessed we ALL are to be in this wonderful place we choose to call our quilty home.

phoots
March 10th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Blondie, I'm glad to hear that you're up and getting around a bit. Just remember not to take things to fast. Ya know, one step at a time!!! Love to hear from you!

Pam in Vegas

janluna
March 10th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Blondie, I am so glad you are ok! Rest, Rest, Rest! We all love you to pieces and you gave us a scare. Thank Goodness for Sarah! And you Lucious, and your Mom. We know it took all of them to keep you down where you belonged. LOL Love you Darlin Girl. Sarah is as Pretty as her Mom. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.