PDA

View Full Version : Grisons (Kanton of Switzerland)

Renate
March 9th, 2013, 05:54 AM
My dears,

I missed you so much yesterday. I have been to Grisons, a very mounty part of Switzerland in the south east. Driving through the little village the movie "Heidi" was done I was thinking if you know it:

The area is so beautiful I just wished you could see through my eyes in this moment.

I wish you all a great great weekend

PS: And now I am going to a womans breakfast with about 20 chatty lovely girls for the birthday of my neighbor Daniela

rebeccas-sewing
March 9th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Have fun at your luncheon! Oh how I wish I could see what you are seeing! Yes, Heidi is an American classic. It starred our child star named Shirley Temple. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14YWDZtY7g

lilmouse
March 9th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I hope you have a great time at your luncheon...chat more when you get back home!

mamaquilt
March 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Yes I know Heidi, but as a book. It's been written by Johanna Spyri. I still have them all.

Michèle

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning, Renate. I enjoyed the book Heidi as a little girl and as Rebecca mentioned, here in the States there is a classic movie from the 1930's that almost everyone is familiar with based on the book.
You live in an area of great beauty!
enjoy your luncheon

Barbara D.
March 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
How does an American apply for permanent residence in Switzerland?

buckeyequilter
March 9th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I imagine it's beautiful there and enjoy your breakfast.

Have fun at your luncheon! Oh how I wish I could see what you are seeing! Yes, Heidi is an American classic. It starred our child star named Shirley Temple

This is where I got my name from....or so my mom told me many years ago.,

Jean Sewing Machine
March 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
What a thrill it must be to work in an area that is so picturesque as the mountains of Switzerland! We wish we could see it through your eyes! And we all remember the story Heidi, mostly from the movie, but I did have the book on my shelf as a child! I can only imagine the beauty you see as you travel around your countryside.

Renate
March 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Maybe one day you make a trip to the beautiful country i live, than please, come for a coffee or tea and a chat.

Doloris
March 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
my son was stationed in southern Germany for several yrs and I was fortunate to visit twice. We traveled around to some different countries and I even was there for Octoberfest once. The countryside and mountains were beautiful. I even white water rafted in the alps. Wow was that water cold (ice melt). I would go back in a heartbeat given the chance..

Lisapc
March 9th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I am a home body. I was born and raised in New England, Massachusetts to be more specific. I have been to New York city and Washington, DC. I have never had any desire to travel anywhere outside of New England beyond that. Until now. I would love to someday go to Switzerland and Germany. Maybe a nice trip by rail in my future.

Monique
March 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Renate, I wish I could see it too. I hope you had an amazing day.

BellasQuilts
March 10th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Don't know that area, spent time in Leysin (sister went to school there), but hey, what part of Switzerland isn't beautiful, eh? Enjoy your luncheon!

CrazyMtnLady
March 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I love the movie Heidi and have read the book many times. One of my all time favorite movies.