PDA

View Full Version : More New Years Resolutions?

Sandy Navas
January 1st, 2011, 10:11 PM
After my recent Sewing Room move and reorganization, I have come to the conclusion that a lot of things HAVE to change. One is my addiction to fabric (ahem . . . who doesn't have that problem?), and the other is my addiction to old Singer sewing machines. I had to leave two of them out of the new sewing room because there JUST WASN'T ROOM!! I also figured out that I cannot use ALL of them EVER!! I did tell Hubby I could hopefully recoup some of the money I have spent on collecting by reselling after they are cleaned up and 'polished'. Then this afternoon, after sorting my stash and starting to wrap the fabric on foam core board, I came upstairs and immediately deleted all the fabric 'watch' items on e-Bay!! Oh, and I'm not going to bid on the 99 Singer at Goodwill - even though I really, truly want it. AND, I PROMISE not to add to my stash unless MSQC has a really fantastic Daily Deal that I just can't resist . . . but, Oh, I do need some Jelly Rolls of Kansas Troubles 'Favorites' to finish a King Size quilt . . . maybe. We'll see how long my resolutions hold.

quiltingtrish
January 1st, 2011, 10:43 PM
You are too funny Sandy!

Hugs,

RFREE
January 1st, 2011, 11:21 PM
You are a funny one Sandy. It sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into believing what you are saying... I am a machine junky too. I have 4 in the attic.Not counting the ones I use. Need em??? Nope, just like em. I used to tell my mother in law I was trying to get enough of them so I never had to change thread colors, just jump from machine to machine ha ha. I have never used the jelly roll and all those kits yall talk about but if I keep hanging out here I will have to try them out. Like I told my husband tonight "what am I hurting loving to sew?" Nothing. I make a little money selling odds and ends that I sew and that money goes right back into my room. I hope you stick to your new years resolution but if you don't we all under stand....

toggpine
January 2nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
For my "Fabric Diet" I unsubscribed to all of the e-mails from the fabric companies. That helped a lot! No temptations of super sales! Of course I just received gift cards to Joann's for Christmas. I think I'll put a container in the freezer half full of water, then when it's solid I'll add the cards and more water. That way they are securely frozen and I can't just run out and buy stuff without thinking if I reeealllly need it. If I stay out of the store I do much better too. I can't give up MSQC though. I have been able to resist most of the daily deals. Some get me, but not too many. And sometimes you have to cheat on a diet to keep you sane, just as long as you don't go on a wild bender!

I really want to get the house sorted out this year. We dumped a lot of stuff in here when we moved in. Most of it has been dealt with, but there are still books, music, photos, etc that are in boxes. Sadly "Ortho Ground Clear" is not really the decor I was aiming for. That is a little more "outdoorsy" than I was after!

Cathy

Pinky
January 2nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cathy: What a great Idea about the card in the freezer! lol I will have to try that. And with the threat of melting the card I don't think you would micro it! :) I hope to get my house sorted out this year as well. We have been living in utter chaos for the last two years. Our move from a brand new large big city house, to an old smaller house in the country that needs major renovations has taken a little longer than I anticipated to straighten out and unpack. We are heading into a major kitchen reno very soon and my daughter is getting married in August! 2011 has to be the year I keep my New Years Resolution to get orgainized. *sigh*. And today I am tackling my Christmas UFO's.
Good luck everyone on keeping yours. :icon_bigsmile:
Wendy

Lola2Ace
January 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
My goals for this year are to be more productive, find a way to finally organize my sewing room-one can dream, can't they? and it would lead to being more productive in here as well!, finish up some WIP's and to stop procrastinating would help me immensely! To learn more and stop thinking that I can't do something just because I think it's too difficult--I am going to buy Jenny's videos on Sympoz and I know they will help with that goal. I have rulers and templates and I will NOT be afraid to use them :lol: .
Lola

Monica
January 4th, 2011, 04:18 AM
me too i want to be more productive....i want to lose weight and start a blog.I think thats it yea i know there more keep the house cleanier, have more dinner ideas ,make more friends, spend more time with my mom.But it will all get done eventually...right?