PDA

View Full Version : Another sewing room update - no photos as yet

Sandy Navas
January 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hubby was gone this morning so I took advantage of the free time and headed to the sewing room. I emptied all my totes of fabric onto my new wire storage racks, sorted everything that was in boxes into colors, and stowed away all my precuts in an old china cabinet. Then the fun began. I recently bought two cases of foam core board at Dollar Tree (much cheaper than any of the craft stores) and set about cutting each sheet into six 10x10 inch pieces. That size best fits the space available on my storage rack. This afternoon I was able to fold and wrap all of my basic black fabrics. Tomorrow I'll start on the whites. I'm putting bias to bias and then folding so the entire piece is only 10 inches 'tall'. Then I wrap the length of the fabric around the foam core and secure with a craft pin. It looks so great on the wire racks and will be so much easier to access.

Hubby returned and was amazed that I had 12 totes emptied, and at least that many boxes. He took them to the garage and broke them down for recycling. Then he came and hung a couple peg boards, a couple thread racks, and some other items for me. He's been such a wonderful help during this move. I want to be sure I have the basic room 'just so' before presenting HER to the public. Photos soon though, I promise.

debinmalaga
January 1st, 2011, 10:13 PM
Sounds like you've got a good plan! Have fun!

quiltingtrish
January 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Wow Sandy - you GO GIRL! I can't wait to see your new space!
I sewed all day but could use some organizing here too. One of these days, I'll have a space all my own!

Hugs,

RFREE
January 1st, 2011, 11:09 PM
Can't wait to see your pictures Sandy. Sounds like you will sleep good tonight!!!

middlesis1966
January 1st, 2011, 11:23 PM
Wow Sandy you go girl. Send me some of your energy, pls!!!!

StitchingTime
January 4th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I should have read chronologically then I would have known what size you cut the foam core boards. You are a real inspiration.

Thank you