• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MayinJerset
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Good Snowy Friday Morning

After days of hype on the TV about big snow falls that didn't happpen we finally are getting some and it keeps coming down pretty heavy. Guess that cancels my luncheon for today, was looking forward to it as we were going to a Chinese Buffet. Hope snow doesn't interfer with my plans to run a Pillowcase Sew In tomorrow and host a lunch on Sunday for DH's Bday. Plenty of stuff to keep me busy indoors today, I could make DH's bday cake and frost it on Sunday if all goes well and I don't have to postpone the lunch. Just took out my recipe for Irish Soda Bread, mmm a slice or two of that would go nicely with a cup of tea this afternoon.

Hope our Blondie is doing better and following doctor's and Larry's orders. Keeping Mr and Mrs Daisy in our prayers as well as several other forum members who badly need them at this time, my the list is long this week. Praying that next week the list is much shorter or gone altogether.

Going to get another cup of coffee and see what's happening around the forum.
    Take care everyone, May in Jersey
    CoffeeFoodGroup.jpg.
  • Lisapc
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2012

Re: Good Snowy Friday Morning

Snow, it's everywhere. We have about 8 inches and it keeps on coming. Happy birthday to Dh. Today is my daughters b-day. Always a storm or she is sick. This year the storm.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Get itover with, winter, I mean! Hope you don't get snowed in!

Comment

• Granny Judy
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2011

Yeah, What Jean Said!! I am so ready for some warmth and sunshine!! Tired of wearing boots and gloves inside. LOL
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

• New York Sue
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2012

Took me ten minutes to get my car cleaned off, so I could LEAVE work.
          I am SO over winter.....
          I really need to get off the exclamation point.
          It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

• gabriele.cheno
            Fabric Fanatic
            • Jul 2012

Hi I am looking for new Quilt friends. I am a happy Quilter and interested to learn more from friends. I will post some of my work this weekend. I started Quilting about 9 month ago for a Christmas Bazar and it went very well from there. Anyone interested in a Friendship. I live in Roswell NM. Happy Quilting
            Gabriela

Comment

• WendyI
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2012

Good morning everyone and Happy FRIDAY!! No snow here...quite mild actually. I am NOT looking forward to spring. I have dogs...which means poopy yards and muddy feet and mopping floors multiple times a day. uhg. Can we just skip it and go right to summer??

I'm at work, bored to tears, and just watching the clock....I really despise days like this..I have projects just do not feel like working on them today. LOL! My bad I know.

Hoping everyone has a wonderfully awesome day!! And (((HUGS))) to those who need them!

Comment

• MayinJerset
                Missouri Star
                • May 2012

Welcome Gabriela, You will find lots of quilt friends on this forum, hopefully some in your area to become your quilting buddies. I found my best quilting buddy though a quilting forum, we live a few mintues apart and never knew it.

If you have any questions this is the place to ask them, you will always get good advice. There are plenty of tutorial videos to show you how to make so many different quilts, table runners or what have you. May in Jersey

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2011

You can keep the snow...I am enjoying my 60 degree weather .... Have a great day.. I have a busy day planned.
                  Donna
                  MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2010

Yep,,, we are tipping about 12" now... but as long as i have power i'm good... retired and finishing up a quilt to send to AuntieMern..it will be my first and i've used up every last scrap of some " generic baby flannel"... just get it on the frame today i hope.. It all helps, my stress level,,keeping me a bit distracted...!!
                    My son is selling and moving to Fl next month... this is bittersweet for me, but all in all a very happy and lucky time for us...of course,, his "good bye" is a very hearty winter before he goes... just validates his wanting to leave...
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• auntiemern
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

Quite sick of winter myself. Supposed to be mild weekend. The girls b'day party is tomorrow, woo hoo. Protecting my foot from 20 running and playing 6-10 yr olds will be interesting. Went to podiatrist yesterday. Toe is doing as well as can be expected. Gonna take extra time for it to heal because of the lupus and some of the meds I'm on. Joy joy. Thanks Barb for working on a quilt for the PICU. Can't wait to see what amazingly wonderful thing you have made up. I really do need to get them out and get a count. Off to take DD to get a new bike for the youngest. The oldest GD already got hers. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Special prayers for Blondie, The Daisies, and all the others that are fighting battles of the seriously healthy kind.
                      Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                      Yep,,, we are tipping about 12" now... but as long as i have power i'm good... retired and finishing up a quilt to send to AuntieMern..it will be my first and i've used up every last scrap of some " generic baby flannel"... just get it on the frame today i hope.. It all helps, my stress level,,keeping me a bit distracted...!!
                      My son is selling and moving to Fl next month... this is bittersweet for me, but all in all a very happy and lucky time for us...of course,, his "good bye" is a very hearty winter before he goes... just validates his wanting to leave...
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

• shannonsaulter
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2012

GM all no snow here but plenty of rain today..
                        It's my Monday so back to work for the next 6
                        days...started another tote for a friend,bought fabric for the
                        text tote group and got my 1st chicken made for the chicken
                        group...now enjoying a cup of coffee..
                        These things, I warmly wish for you-
                        Someone to love, some work to do,
                        A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
                        And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
                        `*.¸.*´
                        ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                        (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
                        http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                          Missouri Star
                          • Nov 2012

Happy Friday, All!
                          No school here - AGAIN - lots of heavy, wet snow, but the weekend promises to be bright with temps in the 50's!
                          Have a blessed weekend, everybody. We continue to pray for Steffi, the Daisy's, Marilyn, Blondie, and everyone else! Hugs all around...
                          ~ Sally \0/

Comment

• Lonna
                            Missouri Star
                            • May 2012

Good Afternoon All,

Lovely day here enjoying stitting here at work with the door open. Or I should say for the most part enjoying it up until some guy just pulled up here right in front of my door and just sitting there with his truck running. Wonder if I got up to close the door he would get the idea to either move it or turn his truck off. I mean there is not even a car lenght beween me and his dang old noisy truck.

Not much new around here to report keeping all those in need in my prayers and thoughts. Wishing you all a wonderful day as I am off to close my door now. Have a good one my friends.

Comment

• janluna
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2009

We are so lucky to have missed this last snowstorm! For most of this winter, it has gone right around us. Today the sun is out and the temp is in the 40's. YAY!!!! I really don't mind winter. I usually don't hurt as bad as I do in the summer. It's drier than summer with all it's humidity, that makes my legs and back hurt. This year however, with the temps being below freezing one day, and dang near 60 the next has played havoc on me. I just wish it would stay at one or the other.
                              Praying for everyone, especially our Blondie and the Daisy's. Also for Ruby and Don. I don't know why but they have been on my mind all day. I hope everything is getting better for them. Love, Hugs, and Prayers for All, Jan L.
                              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                              X