PDA

View Full Version : A brand new year! Jan 1 2011

quiltingtrish
January 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Up and about and on my 2nd cup of coffee. I'm spending the day working on table runner 2 since I finished #1 last night - whohoo! Sorry can't post a photo of it yet. I invited my friend to join up here and if she does, she'll see it before she gets it!

Remember, there's an old saying that whatever you do on the first day of the year will continue so get out your projects and sew, sew, sew!

Any resolutions? I really don't have any except I would like to procrastinate less and sew more. I had that one last year too. I really did finish alot more this year - I think I finished something like 9 or 10 projects so that's pretty good.

Well, off to get dressed for the day and get started on table runner #2. This one is done is Civil War fabrics and haven't decided if I'll do another Disappearing 9 Patch or will maybe cut the blocks into triangles and then sew them back together with a triangle from a different block. I have lots of the fabric so I could do one and see what it looks like.

Have a great First Day!

Hugs,

Brenda M
January 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Well Trish if that "old saying" is true, I better get sewing or cutting!!! LOL Hope today and the rest of your year is full of happiness and good health!

Happy Quilting

Patrice
January 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
my new years resolution is to machine quilt a king size that has been sitting there waiting for the last few months because I am afraid to put it on my machine. also finishing some UFO's before I start another big quilt. The king is in three sections and I will piece them together once I quilt them but just can't decide what I want to quilt on it. Always my biggest problem trying to decide what design to quilt.

sally
January 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Good morning! My resolution is to keep moving forward with the postive things that happened to me in 2010. One being my weight loss/excercise program and the other my quilting along with my new quilting sisters.
Have greet weekend everyone!

middlesis1966
January 1st, 2011, 01:08 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!! I didnt make it to midnight but thats ok!! Im just glad to be home. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers all. I did make one resolution. Use my stash before I go buy more. I know I took that huge gasp when I first typed it also. Its gettting outta control so I need to do it. Its been killing me as the new lines keep coming out, but I've controled myself, whew, lol. Well all have a blessed day nd enjoy. Dont forget to eat your beans today. Its suppose to bring ya luck.

NM Lady
January 1st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Good morning and Happy 2011!

I didn't make it to midnight either, but we plan on going to see TG Shephard and Johnny Lee tonight. Its a free concert and we can't hardly wait!

I didn't really make any resolutions, but set some goals. One is to get this excess weight off and get healthier. It will make me feel better which will make those around me feel better! LOL That probably means a lot fewer tortillas which means a lot less Mexican food. Mexican food is a major weakness for me.

Also to laugh more and stress less.

Hope this new year is the best year yet for everyone.

God bless and take care.

SuzyQue
January 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Happy New Year's 2011 to everyone! I have many new goals for this year, but one of them is to be more involved online on this site. I hope you don't mind I crashed your party! I have been reading posts and lurking a lot. I feel like I know you all as quilting sisters, too. Now it is time to be out there and be more involved! I am so awed by the many projects finished by all of you! I hope to sew more, finish more, organize more...........just be MORE! SuzyQue

janluna
January 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
I'm just happy it's a new year and hopefully a better one.
Paula, I'm so glad you are doing so well. Prayers are still going up for quick healing. Love you. I don't make resolutions cause they alway get broken. I'm just going to try to live a better lifestyle, watching what I eat, and doing more sewing and finishing my projects. Treating people with kindness etc. Love to you all, Hugs, Jan L

toggpine
January 1st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!
I tried to get on here last night to wish you all the same, but it wouldn't let me! We made it to midnight, but were in bed by quarter after!
Speaking of bed.... We went and picked up our new mattress & box springs yesterday. They were supposed to deliver it, but I got a call that since we lived "so far out", that they only deliver on the first & third Fridays of the month. I did not want to spend another week sleeping on the couch/floor. I asked if we could pick it up ourselves. If I had known, I'd have gone to get it on Monday! It is much higher than what we are used to. The mattress & box springs are about 20" and we put them on the old platform from the water bed, so that is close to another 8 to 10". A step stool my be required. It was so nice to sleep without some part hanging off the edge of the couch or the camping pad! There is very little motion transfer which is a huge change from the waterbed and the air mattress! I love it! So, if any of you are in need of a new bed, go out and test bounce a few at your local mattress store, then check out Overstock.com. We got ours for about half of what the retailers were charging, there were no shipping charges although it is usually $3, and the product was manufactured here in the the USA. In our case, right here in our state! OK, I have waxed on about that long enough!
New Years Resolutions:
Continue with my fabric diet. I tried to do the stash report thing, but couldn't remember to post on whatever day. I do know I have used more fabric from my stash than I have bought. I managed to not buy fabric until April of last year. 4 months was pretty good. Then I only bought things that I needed to finish off projects. I think I caved in about August/September on my trip to Port Gambel when I was at the super cool store Quilted Strait. Even then it was only a few fat quarters and some small pieces of wool for a Raggedy Anne I wanted to make for my daughter. Then I really went off the wagon on Black Friday. I bought flannel at what ever their super cheap price was. I have PJs for the kids marked out for that.
My diet: Yeah, that went worse than my fabric version. We have GOT to start eating healthier. Actually, I do a lot of cooking so healthy isn't so much the issue, we just have to eat less and exercise more! I'd much rather stand at the cutting table & sit at the sewing machine than do aerobics!
I really love the feel of having the house starting to get take shape. The sewing space was huge, and I was hoping the bedroom would have gotten more done this week. I guess I'll just have to keep hammering at it and my husband to get some of this stuff DONE! I am so tired of looking at the boxes of stuff from when we moved in 5 years ago. *huge sigh*
Well, I need to get 3 pairs of lounge pants hemmed & elasticized and a pan of brownies in for our family get together today. (There goes the healthy thing!)
Have a great start to your new year & take care!
Cathy

toggpine
January 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM
SuzyQue,
Lurking is allowed & this is far from an exclusive party! We are happy to have you pop in for a chat anytime you feel like it!
Paula,
Glad you are home! Feel better soon!

Pinky
January 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
My New Year's resoultion (well on of them) is to be more organized than I was last year. It's starting off pretty good. I am back on Flylady so that will help I think. I tend to spend too much time on the computer instead of quilting so I am putting that in my resolution this year as well. I am limiting myself to 45 minutes in the morning to check this board, facebook and email. Hopefully that will buy me a little more quiltin' time! :icon_bigsmile:
Happy New Year everyone. Have a great day!
Wendy