• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFREE
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

I figured it out !

Hey everybody I finally figures out how to post pictures successfully after taking 5 different sets ,downloading them in my computer only to fail every time I tried. I finally heard from my brother and with him and you tube I got it.(now if I don"t forget how to do it by tomorrow I will be fine). Well we rang in the new year by me and my 12 year old daughter teaching her how to sew. She has never shown any interest til she tried it tonight. She wanted a new purse/tote and I offered to let her quilt it and to my surprise she said yes. She liked it sew much she got in the attic and got her sewing machine down ( i got it for her a year ago Christmas) and started sewing on it. I was thrilled to say the least. She was very much a part in making her own bag. I am so proud of her.I looked up and it was 12:30. Happy New Year to you all.!!!
  • debi weaver
    Batting Beauty
    • Sep 2010

Re: I figured it out !

Congratulations to you and your daughter! May she find many hours of enjoyment and fulfillment in creating her own projects in this new year!
    Isn't it awesome when we can pass on what is loved and see our family take them on new loves of their own. Would love to see her first project completion (since you've figured out how to post photos)!
    Happy New Year and may it be very blessed with time spent together with your daughter. Debi

Comment

• SuzyQue
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2010

WOW! What a wonderful way to ring in the New Year with your daughter and sharing your passion. Have fun! and share the pics of the finished project! Suzy Que

Comment

• Sandy Navas
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2010

Love the fact that your daughter is sewing with you. Three of my six granddaughters come over and sew with me. Two are too young to show interest yet, and the oldest one showed fear when I tried to teach her (she has some learning issues) and she's never wanted to try again even though I've tried gently to encourage her. But, I'm thrilled that the 10 year old, the 8 year old and the 6 year old all sew with me. The 10 year old made their baby sister a rag quilt for Christmas and finished it ALL by herself. I was so impressed.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• RFREE
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
          Love the fact that your daughter is sewing with you. Three of my six granddaughters come over and sew with me. Two are too young to show interest yet, and the oldest one showed fear when I tried to teach her (she has some learning issues) and she's never wanted to try again even though I've tried gently to encourage her. But, I'm thrilled that the 10 year old, the 8 year old and the 6 year old all sew with me. The 10 year old made their baby sister a rag quilt for Christmas and finished it ALL by herself. I was so impressed.
          Wow that gave me chills I love it when young kids want to learn such an art. I have said it before Quilting is a lost art and we need to get our younger generation in tune to it before it is lost forever. I have always wanted to start a sewing class for 12-15 year old boys and girls but have never gotten it up off the ground. Wouldn't that be a neat idea. I would say 95% of the people I know do not sew at all. To me that is scary. I know there are alot of people online that make and sell their items but what if there were noone to do that? People now a days think if you cant get it at wal-mart you don't need it. Phooey on wal-mart and any and all of the other retail outfits that sell the mass produced,identical,run of the mill junk that falls apart the first time you wash it. We need more people who sew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.K. I will get off my soap box now. (Wow where did that come from????) oh well thank you for your thread......
          Rhonda

Comment

Working...
          X