PDA

View Full Version : Blondie may be missing for a few days, again

K. McEuen
March 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM
No, not more computer problems. I've just gotten an email letting me know that she is ill. Rather than trying to summarize it, I'll copy and paste what her daughter Sarah sent to me. Bless her heart, she responded to an email I sent to Blondie this morning. Seems Blondie was worried about going missing again after just getting her computer back.

The letter;

"This is Blondie's daughter Sarah. I recognize your name from her speaking of you and the quilts you have made for donations.
I will share this with her later. I am writing to let you know that my Mom has gotten very ill today. Almost to the point of being hospitlized but since one of her BF's is a nurse and happened to drop by and find my mother passed out on the floor, she did a summary check and evaluation and decided that Moms did not eat enough or drink enough and her sugar dropped. She is sleeping okay now. Daddy will be home soon but since she is so worried over her friends and her computer being sick for several days. She called me at work and I have been with her since. I don't know who to write to share this with. So it is you.
My own personal opinion is that she will be in the ER tonite if Daddy has anything to say about it and he will always get in the last word with her. I am assuming you know that she is his world and vice versa.
Please tell others who need to know that she will be fine but for right now she is staying in bed if I have to hog tie her to it. Then when Daddy gets home, he can deal with the willful wench.
My best regards to you and the quilting ladies. I am impressed by the loving hearts that match my Mom's.
Sincerely
Sarah"

I told Sarah that I'd let everyone know. I also told her to sit on her mom and make her follow doctor's orders if she had to, that us moms never took as good care of ourselves as we did everyone else.

Winniesfriend
March 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you for letting us know, I hope Blondie can do as she is told and get better.

lilmouse
March 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Oh my, keeping Blondie in prayer and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that assessment isn't correct...too much coffee and not enough food...I am also guilty of this but I have never passed out ever!

mamaquilt
March 6th, 2013, 07:27 PM
thanks Karen for letting us know. I just hope that Lary will take good care of her and that the doctors'll find the source for her passing out, which is not normal at all. MAybe too much work and worries and stress.

feel so sorry for her

Michèle from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

shorte85
March 6th, 2013, 07:30 PM
So sorry to hear about Blondie!! :( I hope she gets better quick, and follows the doctors orders. We'll always be here when she gets back. She's in my prayers that she has a quick recovery!

Swedish leo
March 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Oh I hope she feels better soon. We will miss her !

Jean Sewing Machine
March 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Oh my gosh! I knw she was fighting a virus, but it sounds like this virus really knocked her out for the count! Yes, insist she go to the ER to get an evaluation of what's going on! Poor dear, many prayers for you, get better soon!

Bubby
March 6th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Prayers for Blondie are being said right now. Thanks for letting us know, Karen!

Iris Girl
March 6th, 2013, 07:35 PM
speedy recovery to you Blondie. sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves when taking such good care of everyone else. get some rest and feel better soon.

NanaB
March 6th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I had to laugh at Sarah's calling her mother "that willful wench"!!! I hope Blondie is better soon. She is MY rock!!

pcbatiks
March 6th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Blondie............please behave yourself and listen to Sarah & Larry........hope you feel better soon! Praying for you!

HandsOffItsMine
March 6th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Oh my Luscious Larry is going to have his hands full with Blondie! Thanks for letting us know.

Lisapc
March 6th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Looks like Sarah knows her Mom & Dad pretty well. I am sure they will make Blondie take care of herself. Typical of Blondie to take care of everyone else instead of herself.

Prayers of course!

K. McEuen
March 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I had to laugh at Sarah's calling her mother "that willful wench"!!! I hope Blondie is better soon. She is MY rock!!

Something tells me that the apple didn't fall too far from the tree, no?

You all know Blondie, always running to take care of her mom, her kids, her grand-dogs and Larry being sick the past week. She's been saying she felt like she was getting a lighter version of what he had. A "lighter version" was probably all she would admit to herself and it caught up with her.

I know I never admit I'm sick until I feel like I need to sleep for a week to get better.

sally
March 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Get well soon our dear Blondie!

buckeyequilter
March 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I hope she starts feeling better soon....prayers being said for her.

bkthomas
March 6th, 2013, 07:57 PM

I thought the same - sounded like Blondie speaking of her own Dear Mother!
Prayers for Blondie.....

ilive2craft2
March 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Blondie, you need to take care of yourself to continue taking care of everyone else in the manner that they (& you) are accustomed to! Praying for a speedy recovery - make sure you listen to the docs! Lisa

Jess1377
March 6th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Oh, I hope Blondie feels better soon! Sending up a few prayers for Blondie :)

auntiemern
March 6th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Oh this is terrible news. Will be sending up extra prayers for our wonderful Blondie to get better. Just like her to play it off like it was nothing. Time she learns to take care of herself as well as others. No doubt LL and Sarah will keep her in line. Blondie, your projects and the love that goes into them, as well as your friends here will all be here when you get to feeling better. Take care of YOU, and the rest will get taken care of. Love and big hugs.

Hulamoon
March 6th, 2013, 08:20 PM
(((hugs))) and get some rest:) Hope this passes over soon:)

Kaytessa
March 6th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery .

bopeep
March 6th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks for let us know.....'
[[[HUGS]]] & [[[[PRAYERS]]]]
Take care Blondie.......We love You & Miss You !!!!!!!!
bopeep

debinmalaga
March 6th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for letting us know and please thank Sarah. If Blondie has the "new" stomach bug that my NJ children had, it's a vile bug but departs in about 4 days.

Bailey65
March 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Please thank her daughter for the update. I hope she finds the source of not feeling well and a speedy recovery! Prayers are being sent in her direction!!

grannyann
March 6th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Sarah sounds just like her mom. Time for Blondie to take care of Blondie, but I have a feeling she will try to be up and about before she should. Blondie wishing for you a speedy and full recovery but don't rush it. Take care and be a good patient and SMILE Hugs Ann

Tamara J Liddell
March 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Get well soon Blondie.

Can we card bomb her? :D
Send her get well cards.

alliek
March 6th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Be Well Blondie, and LISTEN to those who LOVE you! Prayers for you to feel well soon. God Bless

EnumclawGramma
March 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM
This puts a lump in my throat. Praying for our Blondie. Glad we got the heads up about this! Thanks Karen.

aliaslaceygreen
March 6th, 2013, 09:58 PM
oh, dear! Blondie! Take the advice of Luscious and Sarah AND the doctor...be well soon!!!

kensington
March 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Oh my, I hope she is doing better and getting plenty of rest. Feel better Blondie.

MRoy
March 6th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Karen, for letting us know.

Blondie - behave, rest, and let LL take care of you for awhile. Praying for a quick recovery.

Carolyn23
March 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Your absence has left a huge hole in our little forum family. We will miss your cheerful morning greetings! Get well soon. We all adore you! <<<<<Hugs>>>>>

Sew Perfect
March 6th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Thank you for letting all of us know! Get well soon, Blondie! We miss you!

CrazyMtnLady
March 6th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Thank you for letting us know. I will keep Blondie in my prayers.
It sounds like that family would be real hoot to be friends with. I am sure they share a lot of laughter most of the time.

speedy recovery Blondie....we miss you!

mdenzine
March 6th, 2013, 11:57 PM
How will I ever get started in the morning without Blondie and her SMILE. I pray that you recover quickly.

Ginny B
March 7th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Oh no, so sorry to hear about Blondie. I hope she takes it easy and gets herself well soon.

Ginny B

ChristineB
March 7th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Oh no, Blondie, get well soon!! Make sure YOU get all the rest YOU need; don't start getting back to things too soon.

bec
March 7th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Sending prayers her way. She is such a vital part of our community and such a blessing. Give her a hug for me.

Sandy Navas
March 7th, 2013, 12:45 AM

Ain't it the truth!!!!

lilmouse
March 7th, 2013, 12:45 AM
I hope we get an update on how she is doing...I am going to be worrying otherwise......Between Blondie, Sandy and MS Daisy and a few others the prayer warriors are going to get a work out! Start praying gals! and Guys!

Lissau
March 7th, 2013, 01:15 AM
(((((((((((blondie)))))))) get well soon

meemeecyn
March 7th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Just reading this. Thank you for posting, Karen and to Sarah for the update. I pray that she is feeling better very soon. Maybe she picked up what LL had and is dehydrated on top of everything else. Please take care, Precious Quilting Friend.....
Cynthia

phoots
March 7th, 2013, 01:38 AM
I'm praying for Blondie! I love hearing from her!

Pam in Vegas

Musical_Starling
March 7th, 2013, 02:48 AM
I think after five pages it's safe to assume that we all love our Blondie very much :) I am also praying for a speedy recovery and that Luscious doesn't take no for an answer and gets her to a doctor even if it requires tossing her over his shoulder and going that way lol

GuitarGramma
March 7th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Sweet, sweet Blondie -- Praying for you to rest and get better quickly!

MayinJerset
March 7th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Blondie, Get Well Real Soon. I know it will be difficult but let someone take care of You for a change. Love ya, May

Evilynn
March 7th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Oh my ... just yesterday I received a PM from Blondie ... I hope she will be fine!!!! She cares so much for other people and most likely forgets about herself then... but let this youngsta :P tell you that caring for yourself is also important! Will be thinking about you, Blondie, and wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks for letting us know!

wendyw1
March 7th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Thank you for sharing this. I do hope Blondie feels better soon {{{{{hugs}}}}} from across the oceans. Wendy

bakermom
March 7th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Hope she feels better soon. not the same here without her......

Cathy F
March 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Karen, thanks for sharing this info.

Blondie, hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. You are a vital member of our quilt family and we miss you!

Lonna
March 7th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you Blondie wishing you a quick recovery.

SallyO'Sews
March 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much, Karen, for keeping us posted. What a privilege to pray for Blondie, since she has lavished so much love and encouragement to all of us here! I do hope Sarah is able to see all of these messages and to tell Blondie about them; but I don't really want Blondie to be on her computer - she needs to rest! :)
p.s. Is Larry aware that there are a LOT of women he has never met who refer to him as "Luscious"? :D

LynneLeavell
March 7th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Get well soon Blondie. Hope all is well. Hugs and Prayers.

Lenie
March 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I sure hope all is well. I would love to hear how she is now. Lucky she has a wonderful husband and daughter taking care of her.

sewbizzy
March 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks Karen, sending prayers for Blondie right now!!!

janluna
March 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you Karen and Sarah for letting us know about Blondie. We will pray for her and lift her up for healing. She is always in my heart, thoughts, and Prayers but I will add her to our Prayer chain as well. With all of us praying, she has to get well, and I am sure LL will see to it she visits the Doctor to find out the cause. Blessings on you Dearest Blondie, we all love you very much! It's so sweet of you Sarah, to keep us informed, Thank you. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

bobw103
March 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Dear Blondie, do what we say and not what we do ;) Rest, rest and rest some more. Feel better soon.

Wwena
March 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Oh my. What a scare!! I hope she gets better real soon and TAKES CARE OF HERSELF. <3

shannonsaulter
March 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
How did I miss this...
Blondie take care you are in my prayers.
We love you!

Blondie
March 9th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Just seeing this thread. Thank you folksies. Good Lawdy Miss Clawdy, it was a strong case of the sniffles, that's all. And yes, I did bump my head pretty bad. I am a hard headed woman. I have been called that many, many times - especially by my hubs. I told him he must have found what he was looking for . . .

Oh boy, now I have the proof right here. Sarah told me she had emailed a member of the group because my email addies are classified with like MSQC Karen, etc. So, no surprise she was kind enough to take care of that news. But the snip called me a WILLFUL WENCH? Hmm. She's coming over this afternoon to visit; let's see what I can come up with. My MOM is a willful wench, not me! I am meek as a lamb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIZFXe7r4uo

No, not more computer problems. I've just gotten an email letting me know that she is ill. Rather than trying to summarize it, I'll copy and paste what her daughter Sarah sent to me. Bless her heart, she responded to an email I sent to Blondie this morning. Seems Blondie was worried about going missing again after just getting her computer back.

The letter;

I told Sarah that I'd let everyone know. I also told her to sit on her mom and make her follow doctor's orders if she had to, that us moms never took as good care of ourselves as we did everyone else.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 9th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Busted, Sarah!