• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asta
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2012

Random?

Anyone else have trouble with random placement? I am teaching a former student's mother how to quilt and she is doing a tumbler quilt, all the blocks are cut and she has them on my design wall in a random order but every time I look at it I have a hard time just leaving it, I want so badly to swap a few of the tumblers.
    Beth
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!
  • Jess1377
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

Re: Random?

I have that problem a LOT! I also have the problem of not thinking I ever have enough random blocks too.
    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Lisapc
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2012

Re: Random?

I can never just put my blocks down (on a bed or floor) at this point and not keep moving them around. Every time I look at them I see another better arraignment. What I do now is play with them for a while and leave them for an hour or so and then walk back into the room. If something I find off or wrong doesn't scream out at me I then take my post it notes, number them bottom to top and stack my rows for the next step. I have been playing with my Farmer's Wife blocks and those are really going to be a nightmare for me because every new block I do I have to set them all up again.

For this case is that it is your students quilt. Leave it as is and when she walks in the room next if it doesn't scream out at her then her quilt makes her happy.
      Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
      X