PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos!

Blondie
March 6th, 2013, 07:00 AM

Howdy Folksies!

It's wonderful to be here in the a.m. again, saying a morning, afternoon, evening hello to all my Quilty brothers and sisters. It is also good to be able to surf the web - which I plan on doing in a short while; have sure missed this machine. It is an addiction that I truly want no cure for. Family is very big on my list for happiness and wellsir, all of y'all are my family! Y'all are stuck with me whether you like it or not.

Obviously got nothing done once the computer was picked up yesterday on the way home from the doctor's office. If you missed my post about losing addresses, please pm me with your email addys and I would really truly appreciate your mailing addresses again as well. I think I have some of them still, possibly on a disc I tried to make for back up but I have not gotten that far yet in getting my puter set back up.

All of y'all blasted with this most recent and possibly last for the season snow, you have my thoughts. We got rain out of it - lots of rain; if it had been snow we have been homebound for a while. Now if we can only get the rain this next summer that we have been having all winter - I may have some big and juicy veggies!

Speaking of veggies, I am so looking forward to gardening. It is so much a part of my life and who I really am, just like quilting. Like I said, family is everything to me. My family has always been very active in I reckon what today is called "home arts". In actuality, to me it is making do, putting by, waste nothing and be thankful for everything. We always give the first of our gardens away and continue to give to the local food bank weekly. When it comes to canning, we always make sure that each of us have enough. Life cycles and season cycles. So very much alike. Both require sowing and reaping. Both require some work in the sowing and the harvesting. But good golly, it is sure worth it! I forget who it was that said, to be a friend you must be a friend. That is the same as if you are sowing squash, you will harvest squash. All that said, I am thankful for all my friends here. It is a good and daily thing to sow happiness, joy and smiles into the lives and to then share the results of the same just as a family does. We are sharing in the births, deaths, sicknesses, recoveries, marriages - wow.
So, just as you do for your own personal family, hoping you will remember a few of our very special members who need a bit more care, love and time in prayer. God surely knows what they need best - which most likely has something to do with the previous.
God bless our sisters Daisy and Steffi.

Have a day full of good thoughts, count your blessings and I just know you are gonna smile! And when you do, think of me - sitting here for all the world, grinning like a possum.

rebeccas-sewing
March 6th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Glad to have you back, Blondie! I'm bound and determined to get a couple of labels made so I can finish up the bargello quilt and the nautical quilt. I'll post a pic of the nautical quilt soon. I'm very proud of this one. It was definitely the most challenging quilt I've ever made!

Enjoy the day toots!

Monique
March 6th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Good morning you two and all those who follow. Blondie, nice to have you back. I seem to be on the same page as you are. Thankful for what I have and not longing for what I don't.

Spring in on its way. We are behind the worst of it. There are still mountains of snow here but it will disappear before long. I will try and get some pictures to show you.

Another work day today and all I want to do is quilt. I am also sleeping over at my friend's tonight too. Sure is great to have such a wonderful friend.

I got a call yesterday at work. This is for a follow-up with doctor who did my surgery on my nose Nov. 2011. Yup!! What the .........? First of all, it did not work, still don't breathe right at night. I was going to cancel, but I want to hear what he has to say and what he will do to fix the problem (deviated septum).

On that note, I will wish you all a wonderful day. Thinking of those who are having difficulties.

MRoy
March 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good morning! We have snow this morning, not a lot but enough to make driving to work tricky. I might have to go on a two-hour delay! My prayers go out for those who are going through difficult times.

buckeyequilter
March 6th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Good morning....

I'm going in to work late this morning.....snow, ice ugggh. DH went out to use the snowblower around the cars but broke a bolt and will have to replace that before he can continue.

I might go out to my sewing room and get my binding strips sewn together this morning.

Have a wonderful day...prayers & hugs

Bubby
March 6th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, so glad you are back and that you're no longer cut-off. It's almost spooky how much we rely on our computers for everything.

I have no new today..it's going to be another slow day for me. I'm feeling so much better and will be done with all my meds tomorrow. Today I hope to do a little straigntening in the sewing room and maybe bake some cookies for DH.

Wishing everyone a great day....Hugs, Barb

Iris Girl
March 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Good Morning everyone. Glad your back Blondie missed your posts:icon_bigsmile: Its warmish here 36 atm. Today is class day , we are sashing and sandwiching today. I just finished putting the binding on my class demo quilt so I am done with that project. Of course phone rings at 6:30 and I thing who the heck. with hubby out of work who would call. well seems there is a big LP meeting at the store today and the boss wanted me to come in and run the front end... well I have no availability for weds as it is the day I teach my sewing girls. She said she knew that but was long shot if I actually had a class since I only teach 3 out of 4 weds a month... murphy's law... so yeah heading to the shower to get ready for class. almost done with my tote for the text tote swap and have fabric picked out for the coaster swap ..have fabric picked for chicken pincushion swap , but have not decided if I really have time for another swap... thoughts and well wishes to all who need or want them.

Granny Judy
March 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM

out our back door.. patio is off to the right and not very inviting right now. As I snapped this yesterday, the snow had changed from giant flakes to those tiny ones.

It's cold and snow covered today. We didn't get an accumulation of 8 inches since it was melting as fast as it came down.. not a good day to have to be out and about. I did go get my massage, tho!! It keeps the ol body moving.

Finished the top of the mystery quilt from 2012.. and got some stitiching done for my Garden Flower project. Loving both quilts even tho I did them Myself... I feel My learning curve is heading in the right direction now.

Prayers going out to our dear friends and family here... such trying times and sad news,, but Life carries lots of joy and love to balance the scales. It keeps me humble to know that "by the Grace of God, that could be me"..... So I am Thankful for all my many blessings and am here to share and care for others. WE ARE FAMILY!!

dwil23
March 6th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Good morning, all! Glad you are back, Blondie! Did a big NOTHING yesterday. Cold/sinuses/allergies, or all three, felt kind of yucky. Feeling a little better today and plan to go to my friends house and sew. Hoping to finish one small quilt so that I can quilt it tomorrow in between doing all the things I should have done yesterday.

Remembering all of those who desperately need our prayers, there are those on this board and several I know of off the board as well. Everyone have a Blessed day!

MayinJerset
March 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Blondie, Happy to see your smiling face this morning. Rain very light right now but expected to increase, get very windy and then snow for the next day or so. Not a pleasant weather report so I better get shopping ASAP as I need to pick up supplies for a Soup and Sandwich Lunch for DH, on Sunday he'll be 79! He was 19 and in college when I met him and I was a senior in high school. WOW, that was 60 years ago, guess I know him pretty well by now, LOL! He was finally feeling better the past few days and was up early getting ready to attend his photography class today as he has missed it the past 2 weeks. Well, he started to feel sick again so he's back in bed and sound asleep.

At my small group meeting last night everyone liked the NJ lighthouse block that I finished hours before handing it in. I was surprised that several gals hadn't finished their blocks yet, but I'm always the rule follower and pushed to finish by its due date. When all the blocks are finished one of gals will turn them into a quilt that we will enter into our Guild's next show whose theme is The Jersey Shore. Don't remember if I posted a photo but here it is. 41772

Next on my list is a Circle of Comfort quilt and working on one of my Secret Pal gifts.

debinmalaga
March 6th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Morning, all...

It. Is. A. SNOWDAY! Hooray! We have about 8-10" on the ground now and may get another 5-8".

Of course, our power has cut off twice so far. HORRORS! I am all set, mentally, physically, emotionally charged up, to Sew All Day!!! After my 9 months enforced quilting hiatus I've dipped my toe in with a couple of (hopelessly unsquare) mug rugs, and now I've joined the Coaster Swap and am raring to go. So winding up the computer check-in and heading to the basement to, hopefully, sew.

Must ask... does anyone have a bar of soap for my mouth, regarding the words that came out when the power cut off?? I did blush for the overreaction when the lights came back on, but am on pins and needles (so to speak) that it STAYS on!

Saw the quote below and pinned it on my Quotes pinterest board - thought of Blondie and many of you ladies here. Positive thinking and sharing that warmth with everyone, including (and especially, maybe?) strangers, is something I learned later in life. I have always struggled with depression and other "issues", and at around 43 I had my "smile" epiphany, and it is so frequently reinforced by Blondie and others on this site. Smiling and kindness don't cure depression, but they certainly do make the rest of life much, much better.

So, sharing words of wisdom from a fave author of mine!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/webkit-fake-url://7CE2E3F4-D6E6-4F6C-8996-20D36D389E13/188025353165182773.jpg

Lisapc
March 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Good morning all!

I really have grown to count on the positive good morning message from Blondie and Monique. Sometimes after a hectic morning I need the reminder to be positive.

I passed out on the couch again last night and took a 2 hour nap. So I woke up around 10:30 and was up until after 2 am. I am tired and will be napping this morning.

My daughter and her family came over in time to surprise my little guy when he got off the school bus. We all had a really nice visit with the baby. Papa (hubby) laid on the couch with the baby for about an hour and still had the nerve to whine when I told him that was enough it was my turn. Miss Kora got to use the computer without Lil' Peter bugging her while Brenna helped Lil' Peter with homework and Joey my SIL was just thrilled to eat helping after helping of the home made mac n cheese and sit on the floor petting the dog.

I have to post a picture later of the first meeting between my Blaze and Lillyana. Priceless. Her little hand is smaller than his nose.

I hope that all of us who are not facing a real life threatening illness or the life threatening illness of a loved one can just feel lucky to be here feeling our aches and pains today. We are all lucky to be here and those of you (my hubby included) that have permanent effects of their cancer treatment should relish those effects because they are here to have them. I have SLE, Lupus. I am sick a lot. I am here and I hate that the illness limits my abilities sometimes but I am here, loved by my family and when I can I do **** good work. I am not referring to quilting but someday I would like to be able to say I do **** good quilting. I have been whining lately and it stops now!

I am grateful for my life and it isn't easy all the time but it isn't supposed to be. I am praying for those that need it and those that don't know they need it. I am also hoping that instead of "woe is me" we all just realize how lucky we are to be able to pray for others who do need it.

I don't know where that came from but sorry for the preaching! Have a happy, smile filled day. There is always something to smile about.

BKthomas- thanks for the belly laugh and I am glad to know that none of us is truly alone!

Roxanne
March 6th, 2013, 10:50 AM
10 inches of snow here and still snowing. Hoping this is the last big one of the season. I'm ready to play in dirt, not snow.

aliaslaceygreen
March 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM
no snow .... although they called school off in this county (which if you ask me is TOO LARGE) because off on the other side of the county it is snowing...I take that back. I just looked out the window and it IS snowing. It has rained for 18 hours, who knows what will come of it...but I am going to go look at it a bit...

I am off today, and want to finish a quick Easter gift project, and then I really need to buckle down and get some serious projects started...

HUGS to all!

bakermom
March 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM
It's almost sunny here right now. We only got a dusting of the snow, most stayed south of me. glad of that 'cause DD was flying out today and would have been really upset if her flight was delayed. No quilting projects right now. Other DDs have asked me to make up a couple things for them. i have one almost done - i'm winging it, no pattern just a description. the rest should be simple zip or drawstring project bags. Beyond that I've been kinda lazy. Nothing appeals to me right now.

CountryHut
March 6th, 2013, 11:55 AM
- G'morning and Happy Hump day ; )

it's windy windy windy here - going to be a bad hair day for sure -
taking the baby sister - * the spoiled one*~ - to the doctors today - now that she's 50 - she has all the fun of those great life changing appt's ahead now . . she use to laugh at me -- but now who laughing . - well not really - I'm glad I'm here for her -
now if I can just get her to go for a mammogram <----a picture that could save your life*~ -
- I would feel a whole lot better -- I badger her about that - since we lost a sister to Breast Cancer

I have a granddaughter and a red headed step child with the same birthday this month - so I have to get their gifts off
in the mail today -

only other thing on the agenda - is a bit of errands to run and then off to dinner with the girls

everyone have a warm, safe and wonderful day . . .

Love, (((Hugzzz)), thoughts and prayers for all those that are facing life's challenges

lilmouse
March 6th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Morning all, both of my quilts are ready for binding...yeah, and my internet was working all day yesterday so I am suffering from withdrawals as well, we got several inches of snow; I have allergy tests this morning....just what I want to do today! NOT Hugs and prayers for all...will check back in later....Blondie, all my info is in my user notes, help yourself!

CrazyMtnLady
March 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning everyone. It is only 31*F here but it is suppose to start warming up into the 50s and be a beautiful week. We didn't get to town yesterday...DH and I are both fighting a stomach bug. But we HAVE to go today! I do feel a lot better this morning. Spent yesterday napping under my COC quilt and that was a big help.

So no sewing for me the last few days and will not be sewing today. Tomorrow I will have to start doing my MOUNTAIN of laundry since the weather is going to be nice. Plus we need to cut and haul in some wood for the chilly nights we are still going to have. I am SO ready for winter to be over. I need to open the windows and doors and air all these cobwebs and germs out of the house.

yesterday I was sitting here in bed with the computer and I looked at the daily deal and it was already sold out...DH said "That's pretty!" and the price was so great. I told him it was already sold out and he said ..."bummer, you should have looked at that sooner!" Normally he doesn't want me to spend any money. LOL...MEN!

Take care all. Hugs and prayers to all in need.

sewbizzy
March 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Hi Blondie and all...we have about a foot of snow here and possible another 1 or 2 inches coming our way...we were only supposed to get 4 inches when we went to bed last night...I am so glad I don't start outpatient therapy until next week...it is so beautiful outside...I will try to get some pictures later today...
just on update on my son...he is meeting with the liver transplant team in Pgh for the third day in a row today...he is completely wiped out from all the tests especially the stress test...he and my dil stayed overnight at the family house near the hospital last night since we were supposed to get so much snow...please keep him in your prayers!
Hugs and Blessings to you all

shannonsaulter
March 6th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Good morning everyone...its my day off need to try and get to the
Post office and then going to take it easy..hope everyone has a great Fay!

Tanya D
March 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Carol, your son will be in my thoughts and prayers.

May, I love your lighthouse quilt block. I have a soft spot for lighthouses...maybe since I was born near the ocean and moved to a landlocked province 3 years later.

I really enjoy reading the daily posts although I don't contribute often. I guess since I do pretty much the same thing everyday, get up, go to work, go home, cook dinner, hang with the family, go to bed.

I want to add to what Lisa said. I am grateful for the life I have. I have a wonderful hubby who loves me despite my insecurities. I have two really awesome kids who are just really good people. My son has a wonderful sense of humour and he makes me laugh every day. My daughter is the most caring, compassionate person I know and she teaches me how to be a better person.

I have good friends who I can count on should I ever need them. And I have this forum, where I've "met" some really great people who share my love and passion for creating.

So yes, I have many reasons to smile.

Have a great day every one...smile, be kind to one another and do something to make someone else smile.

Extra prayers for Steffi and Daisy.

toggpine
March 6th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Good Morning!

I was able to read the posts yesterday, but no commenting feature. Hmmm. It's better this morning.

I find that the grandson can put a crink in the daily schedule. I did get some things cut out yesterday. I'll finish that up and hopefully get some sewing started.

I hope you all have a good day!
Cathy

auntiemern
March 6th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Good day all. Glad to have you back in the saddle Blondie. Woke up grumpy today, with a constant barrage of phone calls, after not going to bed til almost 3 Am. I totally agree with reaping what you sow. I just have a hard time rectifying those that have so much, yet give nothing back except words. It will to NEVER will make sense to me. I have made a couple decisions regarding my outspokenness. Has always been a problem for me. It's not that I don't think before I speak, but I am just not going to let the negativity affect me. That is why there is an ignore feature, lol. I have enough real life issues of my own, without dealing with others, that in the great scheme of my life, really mean nothing to me. The truly wonderful folks here, by far outweigh the rest. That is where my focus will be. Lisa, I had no idea you also had SLE. It does get overwhelming at times. Will have you in my prayers. Ya'all with the snow, can keep it. Beyond done with with winter here. I want to see the daffodils poking out their heads. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Extra special ones going up for Daisy and Steffi.

quiltingtrish
March 6th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Hello all~ usually pop in here to check the postings and not enough time to reply much, but I'm still here.

Prayers for your son today Carol. I can't imagine all those tests he must go through.
Even though I am quite busy these days, I am never too busy to pray. There are many of you in my heart everyday to pray for.

By miracles of all miracles, they gave us a snow day today from school. We were supposed to get over 5 inches (I know, not much by your more northern people) - but with the back roads it can get pretty dicey with the buses. This is the first time this year they have given us off. They should have given us off when we were had quite a few ice days too, but we are glad for this. The problem is that the snow started and is just now rain. There is nohing out there. Oh boy! Guess the Superintendent will hear flack about that.
It is a blessing to me though cause DD Katie got laid off from her job about a month ago. She has applied here and there with no luck. Almost all the places to apply are 45 minutes from here so she is quite down about it. That and the fact she was crying today since she doesn't have many friends and they are not the best friends at that. So, I tried to suggest that she make some small quilts to sell. She is not the biggest fan for sewing but think I talked her in to trying to make some baby quilts to sell on Etsy. Now, mind you, we have not ventured in to this selling arena before so it will be something to work at. I hear it is easy so we will see. We have a whole bolt of really cute I SPY panels and I have lots of other things in my stash we can use so it won't cost her anything to get started. So, wish us luck! With my day off, we hope to start working on the first one later this afternoon. We have to wait until the kitty settles down cause we really don't like her type of 'help'.

Hugs for anyone who might need one!

SallyO'Sews
March 6th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Good Evening, All! Will be praying for all of you tonight; healing for those whose bodies need it, safety for those in the path of the various storms (including a couple of young ones heading my way for Spring Break), joy for those who are weary.
Hugs and blessings,
~ Sally \0/