PDA

View Full Version : The Thrill of Victory & The Agony of Da Feet

auntiemern
March 6th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Or should say foot. After injuring my toe 2 weeks ago, I had not been able to sit and sew on my machine. I had to get DGD # 2's b'day quilt done. Took the plunge today and finished quilting and binding it. I am not happy with it, but it is what it is, and I know my angel baby will love it. However all of that sewing, ya know, with the pedal, my toe is in agony. Time to soak it, re bandage it, and take something for pain.

GuitarGramma
March 6th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Oh, Marilyn, you are such a good grandmother! I hope your toe heals really quickly.

SallyO'Sews
March 6th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Ouch! Isn't amazing how one little part of our body can affect us so much? Hope your toe heals very fast, Marilyn, and that you enjoy your granddaughter!

Doloris
March 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
you could try sewing with the pedal turned backward. then you are pressing with your heel more and it also helps with creeping pedal syndrom.

Sandy Navas
March 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
What is it with toes? I have two GREAT toes who have black and blue under the nails and I don't know why. I normally wear sandals because with my knee replacements I cannot put my own socks on . . . therefore! I wore closed toe shoes when I worked the last estate sale and the next day my nails were . . . U G L Y

Jess1377
March 7th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Oye! I hope you are feeling better really soon!

aliaslaceygreen
March 7th, 2013, 11:02 PM
yup... I understand totally. I am just about back into sewing since surgery...and after pressing that pedal for those hours, it does hurt! (not to mention I head off to work in the AM all moving nicely, and by the end of 8.5 hours I am limping out of there!!!)
Take it easy and I am SURE your granddaughter will be thrilled with her quilt!