PDA

View Full Version : Snow fun...I'm so mean!

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 05:52 PM
So my neighbor hates snowmen, they freak her out. So while she is at work today, I made these and put them on her patio facing her door. She is gonna freak...lol

I'm gonna go back out in a bit and make more...so it covers her whole patio area.

Edited to add more pics. Our patios are so small, it's hard to get the full picture

pdjewelrylady
March 5th, 2013, 05:55 PM
hhahahahaha i think that is funny! and cute at the same time :)

K. McEuen
You should make one with little arms and press his face up against her door like he's looking in at her.

alliek
THAT'S FUNNY, BUT I THINK IT'S FUNNIER THAT SHE'S AFRAID OF SNOWMEN!

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I know, right? Who's afraid of snowmen?

Awesome idea Karen...I'm going to do that...hopefully her dogs won't freak out too much. They bark at everything.

RiverMomm
March 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
LOL- how funny. But really, look at those faces. I am thinking she will have snowman nightmares tonight. Expect a call around 2am. LOL

Momofmonsters5
March 5th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Haha I get it I'm terrified of clowns. Gotta have the camera ready, you know she'll probably blame the DH

Tanya D
March 5th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Haha, what a great idea!!!

bkthomas
March 5th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'm dyin'!!! Ya killin' me!!! Cracking up here!!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_ rofl::icon_hihi::icon_hihi::icon_hihi::icon_hihi:: icon_hihi::icon_hihi:

Roxanne
March 5th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I love it!!

EnumclawGramma
March 5th, 2013, 06:45 PM
This is TOO funny! Your snowman look like they're sportin' a lil' attitude too! LOL! Will you PLEASE take another picture when you're finished with the entire thing? LOL I love it!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 5th, 2013, 06:45 PM
What a unique joke! Never heard of anything like that! You're so creative!

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Ok, updated my first post with more pics.

pcbatiks
March 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Oh Lori..........that's the funniest thing I have seen in a while!!!!! I started laughing as soon as the picture came up on the screen and laughed even harder when I read your post! Reminds of the snowmen that Calvin & Hobbes build!! Thanks for the great laugh.......I needed it!

Tanya D
March 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Oh my, you're right pcbatiks, they do look like the Calvin and Hobbes snowmen! LOL

Love the one looking in the window.

Now cover your tracks so she can't follow your footy prints home!!!!

kensington
March 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM
That is so hilariously funny... I can't even imagine how much you are laughing! You are creative.

Sharyn J
March 5th, 2013, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=Tanya D;263877Now cover your tracks so she can't follow your footy prints home!!!![/QUOTE]

LOL, you guys are too funny!

Lisapc
March 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Please get a picture of her stomping them!

K. McEuen
March 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM
So, would it really freak her out if you made some of them little zombie snowmen? You know, little ketchup around their mouths and dribbling down their chins ...

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM
So, would it really freak her out if you made some of them little zombie snowmen? You know, little ketchup around their mouths and dribbling down their chins ...

ohhh....that's good...let me see what I can do

auntiemern
March 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! Absolutely hilarious. Karen, I think you are my evil twin, ha ha.

pcbatiks
March 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I think you need a snowman-cam to record your neighbors reaction! Let us know what happens! :D Love these kind of jokes!

So how can you make snowmen that fast and laugh that hard at the same time??!!??

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Frosty the cannibal

kensington
March 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM

Puddles on the groud around their feet. White syrup with red food coloring is what they use in the movies!

Roxanne
March 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
That is so hilarious.

meemeecyn
March 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM
That is just tooooooo cute! Love the one looking in the slider! Hope she doesn't believe in paybacks!!!

kensington
March 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Frosty the cannibal

Ha! Tear open it's throat and put catsup in! OKay... you have officailly warped us all!

dmt148
March 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Good CLEAN fun!

Dena1219
March 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
:icon_rofl:
Oh that's too funny!!!

CrazyMtnLady
March 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Wickedly evil and hilarious! Can't wait to hear her response!

dwil23
March 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM
AFRAID OF SNOWMEN? Are you kidding me???????????

BTW, I love your little snowmen!

Doloris
March 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM
so what time does this neighbor get home and do you have your body armor on cause she is gonna kill you. :)

EnumclawGramma
March 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM
You are SO creative! This is wonderful! LOL! Even if I were afraid of snowmen I would be honored if you took the time and effort to do this! You're awesome!

K. McEuen
March 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Frosty the cannibal

Wait! You have to take a bite out of him and add some more blood.

Jess1377
March 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
OMG, that is tooooo funny!!! You have to tell us what her reaction is! :D

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Where the blood is on the victim, there is a big chunk taken out...can't see it in the pic though.

She get's off at 5:30 cst and with the snow we've had today, hopefully she will be home around 6:15, 6:30.

I'll keep you updated...wish I could record her reaction. I do have her key and could hide in the bathroom...lol

Doloris
March 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM
it might be getting dark by the time she gets home. you might want to turn on the patio light so she cant missit.

K. McEuen
March 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
it might be getting dark by the time she gets home. you might want to turn on the patio light so she cant missit.

Or make the snowmen holding little torches. Got any birthday candles?

ilive2craft2
March 5th, 2013, 08:15 PM
You are an evil genius! I love it!

Doloris
March 5th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Or make the snowmen holding little torches. Got any birthday candles?
the torches would be great, but timing that would be hard. candles might melt the snowman army

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I thought I was evil, but Karen...you are the Queen!

Yeah, the candles might melt the army.

If it is getting dark, it will make it creepier...muhahahahahahaha

K. McEuen
March 5th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Hmm, the candles could blow out too.

You have a key. Do you have a flashlight with good batteries? You could turn it on and lay it someplace on the floor so that it shines on the one looking in the door. When she sees that I would hope she would go over and turn her outside light on to see WTH it is ...

Lisapc
March 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I am not even there and I am having so much fun with this. I can just see some woman's face when she sees a little snowman cannibal army.

Doloris
March 5th, 2013, 08:55 PM
not so patiently waiting. LOL. its almost 6:00, so she should be home in about the next half hour.

pcbatiks
March 5th, 2013, 08:57 PM
This is starting to look familar! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Attack-Deranged-Mutant-Killer-Monster/dp/B001U8ZOUW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1362527747&sr=8-4&keywords=calvin+and+hobbes+snow+goons

Hahaha...........so I'm not the only one waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
OMG! She just got home...I could hear her through the wall (live in a condo), I went outside and she was looking outside...she said when she came in she saw the one against the patio door and was like WTH! then saw the others...she couldn't stop laughing and said they really are coming to get her...it's my fault if she can't sleep tonight....lol. She's going to take a picture of the army. I'm sure that it will be better than mine as she can get a better pic from inside. I'll post that one if it turns out good.

I can hear her on the phone, probably with her sister...all I can hear is OMG, OMG

I love being mischievous!

Awesome way to spend my afternoon...lol

Lisapc
March 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
You are a good friend. Love this!

pcbatiks
March 5th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Toooo funny..............mischievous job well done!!!!!!!! Thanks again for the great laugh!

Doloris
March 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
glad to know she hasnt hurt you :) She will be talking about this for days

Doloris
March 5th, 2013, 09:35 PM
just remember Lori, paybacks are he#$%^

K. McEuen
March 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Well, glad she got a kick out of it.

Now, for the ultimate evil and I wish I would have thought of it earlier ... how great would it have been to put one of them in her freezer?

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM
not looking forward to the payback :icon_eek:

The freezer is an excellent idea...I'll do that tomorrow :icon_rofl:

Doloris
March 5th, 2013, 09:42 PM
OMG Karen you are evil, but I love it. Maybe she can sneak one in when the nrighbor goes to the bathroom or something.

alliek
March 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Between Pamipatch's New Neighbors and this snowman adventure you have made my week so far. Can't wait to read tomorrow's action's. Thanks guys! I love the laugh's.

EnumclawGramma
March 5th, 2013, 10:36 PM
LOL this is AWESOME! I've loved every minute of it, and shared it with anyone here that will listen! Showed DH the pics and just read the final outcome to him. He LOL'd as well. Said the snowman lying on the ground with the bite out of it was EPIC!! Thanks for the laughs!!!

Jess1377
March 5th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Shared the story over dinner with my DH and DS and they laughed!! Then when I showed my DS the pictures he laughed pretty hard but when it got to the cannibal one he really cracked up! :D

pcbatiks
March 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I showed my DH the pictures and story too...............his had a pretty good laugh too!

I must say......you people are warped............I like that in a person! :D

kensington
March 5th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Well, glad she got a kick out of it.

Now, for the ultimate evil and I wish I would have thought of it earlier ... how great would it have been to put one of them in her freezer?

(Faint). Wicked funny! :icon_heh:

PhantomReader
March 5th, 2013, 11:58 PM
I showed my DH the pictures and story too...............his had a pretty good laugh too!

I must say......you people are warped............I like that in a person! :D

Thank you, thank you! Most people don't get my sense of humor. But without Karen's help, it wouldn't have been so awesome!

ChristineB
March 6th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Oh my goodness!!! That is hilarious!!!! It sounds like you get along well with your neighbour - I'm glad for that, but still ....... PAYBACK!!!! You better watch out!!!

Marmar
March 6th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Thouroughly enjoyed this Lori, tears in my eyes laughing, but as they say, payback's a b*tch. (So, what else can we cook up before the payback comes??!!??)

phoots
March 6th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Oh, to be a fly on the wall when your neighbor come home!!!

Pam in Vegas

Diva Deb
March 6th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Between Pamipatch's New Neighbors and this snowman adventure you have made my week so far. Can't wait to read tomorrow's action's. Thanks guys! I love the laugh's.

I have to second that. And I'm still laughing about the idea of putting a snowman in the freezer!

My husband has this notion that all quilters are these nice quiet little ladies who never get into any mischief. If only he knew!

Winniesfriend
March 6th, 2013, 04:32 AM
LOL, thank you for the daily laugh, now whose turn is it tomorrow to get up to mischief.

rebeccas-sewing
March 6th, 2013, 07:33 AM
So, what was the outcome? Did she acquire a few more gray hairs when she got home to find these scary snowmen waiting to attack???

patchiereggie
March 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Absolutely hilarious!!! Love the whole thing, but the freezer idea is awesome!!!

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Wwena
March 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM
OMG how did I miss this thread? That's hilarious!!!

CyndyK
March 9th, 2013, 10:40 PM
This is hilarious! I've never heard of anyone being afraid of snowmen. What a great prank!

ilive2craft2
March 9th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Did you put one in the freezer for her to find the next day? I just love your evil genius humor! :)

Stetler
March 9th, 2013, 11:16 PM
That is so funny...I hope she is a friend?

Momama
January 30th, 2015, 01:04 AM
That's to funny! I love snowmen

Susann
January 30th, 2015, 05:30 PM
So, Lori, have any snow? Time for round 2? After two years, you'll get her again!!

WendyI
January 30th, 2015, 05:49 PM
I loved this thread. Thanks for digging it up..made me smile!

toggpine
January 30th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I wonder if those skinny glow sticks (the bracelet kind) could be shoved down inside to make them glow in the dark? They work best when warm, but that way they would last longer.

That small of a snowman ought to let some glow through. We haven't had any snow this winter, so I can't test it out.

Quilters as nice old ladies? Ha!

Grandma G
January 30th, 2015, 07:02 PM
just remember Lori, paybacks are he#$%^

I was thinking the same thing!!! Great minds think alike...Uh, oh...

CarolynK
January 30th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I am dying....way too funny and I love Karen's idea....a little ketchup and the zombie look...priceless!

buckeyequilter
January 30th, 2015, 10:13 PM

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2018, 09:34 PM
BUMPING THIS BACK UP FOR BUBBA!!

And if you haven't seen it before, read every post and enjoy!!

bubba
February 19th, 2018, 10:46 PM
BUMPING THIS BACK UP FOR BUBBA!!

And if you haven't seen it before, read every post and enjoy!!

Thank you ever so much!!! This just makes me happy! ♥

Altairss
February 19th, 2018, 11:16 PM
Thanks for bumping this back up I think I laughed as hard at this as I did when it was first posted :)

Hulamoon
February 19th, 2018, 11:16 PM
I was wondering why all these old post's were coming up. I'll have to read it again with my morning beer.:D

pcbatiks
February 20th, 2018, 02:09 AM
Yes! Snow Fun is back! I started laughing as soon as I saw the title of the thread! It’s funny every time.

One of my all time favorite threads on the forum! If you joined the forum recently be sure to read the whole thing! So silly and so fun! Thanks for bumping this one up Sandy.

Star lover
February 20th, 2018, 07:41 AM
As they say.....an oldie but a goodie.....so fun!

MissMay
February 20th, 2018, 11:59 AM
THANKS SANDY.

Had me laughing once again and got me thinking that we need more of these funny creative postings to liven up the forum from its winter doldrums. Pat had us going awhile ago with her encounter with a rude customer in a quilt shop. Also it was good to see some old forum members reactions from previous years, where have they all gone to?

cv quilter
February 20th, 2018, 12:18 PM
LOVE IT! I guess somehow I missed this whole thing and I have enjoyed spending my morning reading the thread and seeing the pics. What a fun and harmless prank! And so fun that the neighbor actually enjoyed it! Great morning smiles and laughs.

Learner quilter
February 20th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Enjoyed reading this again, I was thinking about this post last week when we had snow. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: