PDA

View Full Version : Back from the eyewear exhibition in Milano/Italy

Renate
March 5th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hi my dears,

I am back from Milano and the first I did: searching for the pictures of little Lilyana, found them an cannot stop looking at this beautiful little angel. Congratulations again to Lisa and Brenna.

So what can I tell you about the news for eyewear styles: all looks very 50th, many cateye styles, a lot of bright colours, the nerd-style is slowly over. So we can ask our grandmother, if they have any real 50th eyeframes hided anywhere, they are absolutly up-to-date.

And for fashion: everything this year is very coloured, clear bright colours and also black-white combinations. Be brave, wear colours this year, the strong once. As our rainbow quilts.

Unfortunately it was very cold in Milano, but we also did some shopping for our own cupboard and not only for our business. And believe me or not, I found nothing (the Italians cut the cloth so very small and also I am wearing only size S, everything was to tight ... i think their dressforms are lampposts ... no bosom), also not the pair of red sneakers I was looking for. But my DH found 3 pair of shoes (big smile in his face), one jacket and one shirt (he looks very sexy in it). but best for last: as I did not find anything for me, he gave me a voucher (a big one) for bying nice fabric at M*QC, isn`t he an absolut darling?

Now I have to sew a little for relaxing and I read you all soon
Renate

Wwena
March 5th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Welcome back, sounds like you had a fabulous time!

I'm totally a nerd at heart but I do it with style and my glasses are quite catty, yay! I was actually with a co-worker trying to advise her on glasses yesterday and it was really hard. She has a broad face and really prominent cheekbones and jaw, in a good way but it made it really hard choosing glasses since so many were if not catty, then at least not as broad on the bottom as on the top, which really didn't suit her. We managed to find some in the end but it was a struggle. :)

I can't find clothes in Italy either, I'm not that petite. :) Tall and curvy, bad combo for Italian clothes! I blame my genes and Italian food. ;)

Renate
March 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I agree anna, as long as the italians cook so well i will not fit into their cloth.mabe it is an advantage to spend only for one of that: food or cloth

Bubby
March 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I'm happy you had such a good trip. I've traveled to Italy before and it's the most romantic place in the world. I love that the 50's styles are coming back! Get a good rest up after your trip....Hugs, Barb

Tanya D
March 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Sounds like a nice weekend.

I wear glasses and tend to be a bit conservative. This last pair I got however are black and pink...quite a bit different than what I normally go for. I wish I could afford a few pairs but unfortunately my prescription is bad and I need high index progressives. This last pair cost me $900..YIKES!

Have fun spending your gift certificate!

Monique
March 6th, 2013, 12:00 AM
I only wear glasses for reading. I do have a prescription pair but mainly use dollar store glasses and have a pair in every room in the house.

aliaslaceygreen
March 6th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Sounds like you had a lovely birthday weekend rolled into your work trip! Glad to hear the latest styles, too...although I am not ready to buy a new pair for at least two years!!!