PDA

View Full Version : It IS New Years Eve!

quiltingtrish
December 31st, 2010, 11:54 AM
Well, HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

What's everyone doing tonight? Some have already celebrated - our friends on the other side of the world and some of us are just starting. I'll be home and signed up to do some online twitter party with the Stitch In Heaven party. Sounds like fun. I never twittered before so I'm sure it will keep me busy and maybe I'll win a prize or two! Wouldn't that be cool!

Last night I worked on a table runner - got the binding made and sewn on - need to hand sew that down today. I'll post a photo when completely done. It's for a gift so might have to wait until it's been delivered.

Have a great evening everyone - maybe next year we can talk Jenni into having a party right here!

Hugs,

Brenda M
December 31st, 2010, 12:09 PM
Happy New Years to all. DH and I are suppose to go out for dinner and dance with friends but I'm not feeling great and would be happier sitting at my sewing machine! LOL Have a good one!

patticakes
December 31st, 2010, 12:45 PM
NYE...again already?? What happened to 2010?
Woke up to thunderstorms and almost all the snow is gone! Yea! 50 degrees will be 25 tomorrow morning so it is short lived.
Can't wait to see pics of your table runner Trish! The Twitter thing sounds fun. I have never used Twitter, maybe I will try in 2011.
Cleaning today and not sure about tonight. Hate when the BF won't give me a definite plan. We are supposed to go to friends for dinner and play some board games, which is okay with me, but so is staying home.
After I get my cleaning done I am going to start on cutting out my blocks for the swap. I was going to do it last night but watched Eat, Love, Pray instead. Loved the book and the movie..both made me cry!
Will check back to see what exciting plans everyone has for tonight!

Patrice
December 31st, 2010, 12:50 PM
Quiet eve at home. Hubby has to work till 9. He is in retail. My son adam is still in so it will be just us most likely. Sunday will bring lots of company and we will be smoking a brisket for them all. Can't get a whole lot of sewing done since Adam is using my sewing room but I did manage to get my dresdan plates done and sewed on them while watching TV. Happy New Year to all and be safe.

EsGrandma
December 31st, 2010, 01:11 PM
We're staying in and having fondue and cold duck (sort of a sparkling wine). When we first got married all we could afford was cold duck and now (40 years later) it is still our tradition. Happy New Year to everyone!

janluna
December 31st, 2010, 02:03 PM
My Joe and I always stay home. It's a long habit of staying home and listening for the fire tones to go off so we could respond to a call. It was usually quiet. I think through the 30 years we were medics and firefighters we had maybe 3 calls for drunks and 1 fire, and 1 fight at a bar that ended in injury. It was quiet especially after the "Don't drive drunk" campaigns that our county enacted. It served us well. It was always a quiet evening with no drinking as we were on call. Now we have a glass of Asti Spumanti at midnight and to see the New Year in watching the ball drop in NYC on tv. We don't take calls anymore. I think one year we had a party when we had coverage. Our friends didn't drink either so that was good. We sat around and either played cards or played music and sang. My husband and I play guitar and so do some of our friends. We drank coffee and sang all night. I liked doing that. You can have fun not drinking.
We wish you all a better year for 2011 and pray for everyone to be healthy and happy.
We pray that people recover from illness, get their jobs if their out of work and for those who need it to have peace. Love to all of you on this list. May God hold you in the palm of his hand and keep you safe especially those who are so far away from family and friends while you fight for freedom and to protect us during these trying times. Love, Jan
:icon_woohoo: :icon_rofl: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss:

patticakes
December 31st, 2010, 03:34 PM
Well put Jan. Wishing you and everyone a happy, quilt producing, safe, warm and loving 2011!

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to min'?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days o' Lang syne?

For auld Lang syne, my dear,
For auld Lang syne,
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld Lang syne."

Happy New Year!

janluna
December 31st, 2010, 04:02 PM
What a nice voice you have Patti. LOL I can hear it all the way here in NY. Happy New year to you. May you receive the best in the coming year. Hugs, Jan :icon_woohoo:
:icon_heh: :icon_wave:

sally
December 31st, 2010, 04:43 PM
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

What a wonderful year it has been especially find this site and making so many new and wonderful friends. Look forward to "hanging " with you next year. You are truly a wonderful blessing for me!

patticakes
December 31st, 2010, 04:52 PM
What a nice voice you have Patti. LOL I can hear it all the way here in NY. Happy New year to you. May you receive the best in the coming year. Hugs, Jan :icon_woohoo:
:icon_heh: :icon_wave:

If you only knew about my singing voice!! LOL Thank you so much Jan!

Keepstitchin
December 31st, 2010, 05:16 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!!

I hope and pray for all the best for all of my new quilty friends!:icon_hug:

sewsoft
December 31st, 2010, 06:02 PM
It's good to hear everyone is doing well.. I just got news that my friend died today. :icon_cry: She has been in the hospital for about 2 weeks.

patticakes
December 31st, 2010, 06:34 PM
It's good to hear everyone is doing well.. I just got news that my friend died today. :icon_cry: She has been in the hospital for about 2 weeks.

So very sorry about your friend. Big hugs to you!

NM Lady
December 31st, 2010, 07:18 PM
Happy New Year Everyone.

Sewsoft, so very sorry to hear about your friend.

God bless and take care.

Texsam
December 31st, 2010, 07:26 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

I am fighting off a cold, but I usually don't go out anyway. I plan on taking inventory of my fabric so I can get some of it used up. I'm going to try and make it to the ball drop unless the cold medicine knocks me out first.

Sorry to hear about your friend Sewsoft.

I watched that movie a couple of weeks ago Patti. I haven't read the book, but I really liked the movie.

Take care everyone!

quiltingtrish
December 31st, 2010, 07:32 PM
Sewsoft - I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend. I have you and her family in my prayers.

I went to the food store to get Katie some shrimp - she loves it, I do not. I picked up cheese, pizzza, and I thought a bologna ring. (Doesn't take much to make me happy.) Well, couldn't find the bologna ring anywhere so I go back thinking I left the bag on the counter. I even pointed out on the cash register tape what I thought was the bologna rung up. The gal there isn't too bright and told me to just go get another one. I get back to get another one and see the tape says the bologna costs $6.99. The bologna on the shelf only cost $3.49. Huh? It hit me that the item that said 'ring pull' was Katie's shrimp. I never put the bologna in the cart the first time. I figured I better buy it since I was hungry for it now and didn't want to make a wasted trip. I don't drink, but maybe I need one tonight. haha!
Katie is trying desperately to find someplace to go tonight so she doesn't have to spend it with her MOTHER!

Hugs,

Blondie
December 31st, 2010, 08:48 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s83/BrandyBreeze/DearFriends.gif

Hi Ladies!

Sewsoft, this year has really been ending sadly for so many! I will pray for your peace and for your friend's family. You know you can always PM me or email at bspence@triad.rr.com I may be slow to answer these days but will always be there for you. God bless you.

Trish, I got a giggle out of your post. Silly goose. I don't drink either - good thing, I noticed the cost has really started to soar at the wallyworld. I wouldn't mind a good mellow wine cooler right now. Maybe would help me sleep a wee bit better!

Hope to be able to pop in tomorrow everyone. Be safe this party weekend. The most I plan to party is in my basement and work on those dresdens. I may even put on a movie to watch. Yay. You're all welcome to PAR-TAY with me in my toasty basement.

Blessings to each for a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!

Lola2Ace
December 31st, 2010, 11:04 PM
Happy New Year to all!! :icon_happy:
Sewsoft, so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. You and the family are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.
We aren't doing anything tonight. Youngest DD has a couple of friends over, so we are enjoying having them around. I am preparing food for tomorrow. The family is coming over for pork and kraut for dinner, so I am doing as much as possible tonight. I think I am even going to put the pork roasts in the crockpot on low overnight and add the kraut 1st thing in the morning. I have been on vacation for a week and haven't been able to get in the sewing room, so I am looking forward to Sunday as my sewing day. I do have a flannel blanket I want to get done before DD and Ace arrive tomorrow--he loves them, so hopefully will stitch it up here in a bit.
I wish everyone a safe and quiet start to their New Year!
Lola