PDA

View Full Version : Look What I Found

Sharyn J
March 4th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Little by little, I've been packing up and sorting my dad's estate. Look what I found in my mom's piano bench. I remember her teaching my sister & I how to embroider and it brought back many fond memories. Now for the chuckle: Look at price...........29 cents.

WendyI
March 4th, 2013, 04:06 PM
That's so cool!! I love coming across old things like that. Such nice memories you must have!

Lisapc
March 4th, 2013, 04:43 PM
That is a treasure. The stitches haven't' changed so it was well worth the money.

Roxanne
March 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I have some old crochet books that my uncle gave me after my aunt died. It's fun to see how cheap they were back then. I love the old patterns!

Tanya D
March 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
What a great find! Hopefully you can use them to create something wonderful.

GrammaBabs
March 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM
The "learn how book" was a go to book we sold at the yarn shop i worked at!!!! LOL i was 14 at the time...hehehehehe
Little by little, I've been packing up and sorting my dad's estate. Look what I found in my mom's piano bench. I remember her teaching my sister & I how to embroider and it brought back many fond memories. Now for the chuckle: Look at price...........29 cents.

auntiemern
March 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
How cool to find such treasures :)

Sandy Navas
March 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I have my original copy of the Learn How Book.

bakermom
March 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Oooh I have the green one tucked away somewhere!

Monique
March 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM
What treasures you have found.

Marmar
March 5th, 2013, 02:21 AM
OMG, that green Learn How Book looks so familiar! Think my mother had that one. When she was young, she made the 'day of the week' towels, white w/ the red stripe down the sides. I have the whole set and actually use them; here's Tuesday: