PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday and the start of a new week.

Monique
March 4th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Just filling in for Blondie here. She is having puter problems for those who don't know.

The weekend was too short. We went to the city for a drive yesterday. I bought hubby a new pair of golf shoes and justified it with fabric for me. I bought some flannel for backing, at $3.50 a metre. I also bought Warm & Bond batting queen size at $40, which is half price, and a glue stick. We also stopped and had a little visit with my niece.

And now today is back to work. I work all week, but during my off hours, I will spend with a dear friend of mine and I will stay with her one night this week.

Everyone have a wonderful week.

dwil23
March 4th, 2013, 09:00 AM
We got home from visiting my precious little Evan last night. Next time I see him, probably will be at their new home in Cape Canaveral in a couple of weeks. I plan to spend the day cleaning and doing laundry, so that tomorrow I can sew. I am almost done with my granddog Penne's little quilt. I really need to stop and reorganize my area, I'm spending too much time looking for things.
Everyone have a nice day!

MRoy
March 4th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Good morning! Sometimes it feels to me like the weekends are getting shorter although I know they're the same. Daylight savings time starts next weekend...ugh! I don't spring forward very well. I'm traveling for work again today. Our area is so large that visits to some local offices take most of the day. Gotta start getting ready for work. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

buckeyequilter
March 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Good morning...

I know what Myrna means about the week-ends getting shorter and it's going to get even shorter next week-end when we lose an hour of it.

I have my quilt on the frame and almost have the quilting finished....just doing loops on it. I will be working on that tonight and on the placemats.

We're supposed to be getting a snowstorm tomorrow night....so maybe I'll get a snow day on Wednesday and can work on my quilting.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs..........

MayinJerset
March 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Morning, Nice and sun shiny out today and that's always a good way to begin the day, and week too. Glad we got out of the house yesterday, picked up a few items at Christmas Tree Store and then a light lunch at a diner. In fact the chicken salad sandwich I had was enough for the rest of the day, had some tea and a slice of plain cake for dinner plus a few of those little clementine oranges.

Laundry is top of the list today plus finishing a block for tomorrow's small quilt/book group meeting. I think a big storm is heading our way so meeting might be postponed but I better finish my block and get it over with.

DH may be feeling better but he still isn't getting up early enough to make the coffee so I guess I'll do it as I tend to get a bit crabby without my wake up coffee. May 41603

Granny Judy
March 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Monday's are always a catch up with the world day... The week end passed me by as I worked on my Garden project. I only came out of my sewing closet to grab a bite to eat and use the bathroom. The kids went shopping for a double recliner and I didn't even miss them.

The days are getting longer....yippee!! Time to work off this winter waist line... I always gain about 10 lbs every winter then loose it as I get the Spring Garden ready.. Didn't happen last year (the weight loss or the garden) so this Spring I'm carrying an extra 10/20 pounds. Actually more, but those scales aren't too accurate..... Oh dear.. the girlish figure is lost forever. BUT I feel good and no pressing health issues right now.. **knock on wood**

Glad to see all my quilty friends here and learn what ya all have been doing over the week end. We have Sunshine but cold temps, As long as the streets and side-walks are clear, I may find time to get in a walk... This waist line isn't gonna show up if I don't HUNT for it.

After a quick house clean up, I'm back to sewing. There is plenty of left overs from the week end.. so I am NOT cooking today. Blessing going out to all and special hugs are included.

Bubby
March 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Good Monday,

We had a slow weekend again. I will be visiting the doctor again today and getting yet another chest x-ray. I'm feeling much better but tired and weak. Miss Molly is at the groomer already this morning. DH just left for work and I'm doing laundry and planning my day.

I won the bid on the fabric I needed on eBay last night! Thanks to Libby who found it for me!! Actually, I lost the bid by $1 but the owner contacted me and offered me her other identical collection for my bid and free shipping. I snatched it up, but I also found the charms I was looking for at a shop in Massachusetts (thanks Shirley!).

I hope Monday is good to all of us. Our road is still pretty icy but the highways are main roads are clear today. I think the weather is going to arm a bit this week even if it is going to get in the low 20's every night.

Wishing everyone a great day....Hugs, Barb

Mpyles
March 4th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good morning! I was just thinking to myself how quickly my time off goes by. My days off are not together but I always have Sunday off and it flew by. I have been working on a pinwheel quilt for my hubby. It's turning out fine. I just don't think I am a fan of it. It's been very redundant. Hoping I can get the top together tonight, after I stop and purchase a bit more fabric, I ended upmchaninging the sashing fabric and am prolly 1/2 yard short. The kicker is, I don't think I like it, too light for the blocks...oh well, not gonna go back and redo it now.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week. We are suppose to have some warmer temperatures here in southwest missouri this week. Hope it's true!!

I owe owe.....of to work I go!

Mary

Lisapc
March 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Good morning! It is a Monday and yet it still feels good to feel that it is a good morning.

My little guy is feeling better and I do believe it was Renate's home remedy that has helped him the most. He is off to school. If he isn't feeling well during the day which is possible his teacher is to call me and I will go get him.

Brenna and Lillyanna went home yesterday morning and the little stinker ate at 10:30 am and it was almost 4 pm when my daughter, her hubby and my mother were all trying to wake the child to get her to eat. She just loves to sleep. She will get the hang of it I am sure. I haven't seen the baby since Friday because my Lil' Guy was sick but someday this week they will all be coming over to visit. Papa hasn't even seen her yet but we didn't want to make Kora or anyone else in the house sick with a new baby.

I am hanging out this morning, taking my time, then errands so that I can sew tonight. I have managed to sew almost every day for the past little while. It feels good and I am chipping away at my orders. I do wish I had the self control not to look at everyone else's creations because that just makes me add to my to do list. My want to do list is far greater than the paying need to do list.

Happy Monday and lets all try to make it a great one.

grannyann
March 4th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Good morning . I got my walk in and could hear the birds chirping away.What a great sound.The sun is trying to peek out and we are up to 30 here. I for one will be glad for the time change. I see the kids out there in the dark waiting for the bus to go for the early bird classes at school.I love Spring and everything coming alive again.
My day is my own so I am not sure what I will do but I am sure I will find something to keep busy.
Wishing you all a sunny pleasant Monday. God Bless Hugs Ann

HdWench
March 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Morning Morning all! hmmm it's a Monday and I'm finishing up laundry that began this weekend. Trying to find boxes to pack quilts in and mail out, have my Around the World quilt on the table as "next" to quilt. Hubs finally put in my new ceiling light fixture (3 spots) Whoooo HOOOO much easier to see at night when I'm sewing! LOVE it!

Always seems there is so much on my I want to do list... and slowly I'll get to working on it.

Happy sewing or planning to sew everyone

Sandy Navas
March 4th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hi, everyone. It's Monday? Where did MY weekend go?

The majority of the kids will be gone today so hopefully I can finish a 12 inch block for our guild exchange tonight. Then Miss Emily has a rag quilt started and it just needs sandwiched - she's going to be gone this morning so hopefully she can get it finished this afternoon. If not she'll definitely be broken-hearted. It has been a very noisy morning - several of the girls got up on the grumpy-side of the bed - and Mom had to be on the telephone trying to make a bunch of appointments. Sierra twisted her foot Saturday night and we think it is broken so they are off to try to find someplace where they can get in and out for x-rays. The orthopedic doctor 'on-call' had scheduled surgeries all day long . . . ???

It is so terribly exciting to go from two sedate couch potatoes to a house of highly-active kids. And Divine Daisy thinks she's busy because her rabbits just keep multiplying.

To all those with needs, I send prayers, warm wishes and many hugs. Laugh, keep laughing, and you will always be young.

Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it. ~~Bill Cosby

Hulamoon
March 4th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I just need to finish off a mugrug for the group, got a little behind and need to send it. Some food shopping, and banking. Maybe a little more folding on the comic cards so my room is finished. Oh, and look at my ufo's lol

I really want to get back out to my garden but I hired a new guy to help me out so I'm waiting for him to call back. I think I will call him today to get a date. I have the hardest time finding yard people. This is like the fifth person! He seems like he sees my vision and he's young and eager so I hope I don't have to look for someone else. It's so tiring to interview people to work for you!

aliaslaceygreen
March 4th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Good morning! Sandy, I think WE will soon need a flow chart, to keep up with the comings and goings in your house...! Where in the lineup does Sierra fit, and how did she hurt herself??
I AM going to SEW Today. THAT is it. I am going to clean off the desk, and move things, and coax my foot and just do it. I will take breaks to enjoy some cheesecake, left over from my birthday...and probably be a good person and check that the fridge isn't completely bare before this next threat of snow on Wednesday... but.... SEWING is the goal! Have a great day everyone!

Lonna
March 4th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Good Morning All,

So glad to see everyone is up and at'em this morning. For me it is a very painful morning hurt my back yesterday afternoon and having a rough go of it here at work. Not much sleep last night and up since 4am which is when I needed to use the restroom and it took me 45 mins to get out of the bed. So needless to say I did not want to get back in it. Hopefully the pain will ease up some as the day goes on.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

shannonsaulter
March 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Happy Monday all!!!! For me its Thursday so just want to got the work day over..
Hope to get all little work int DD quilt before work..
Hope everyone has a great day!!

mom4him
March 4th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hi Everyone! Monday........ normally I really like Mondays but it seems everyone is moving a bit slow on this one. It is COLD here so staying home but so much to do here. My 2 kids still need to get up, eat and then we will school for about 3 hrs. Then some exciting things will happen!

I have been trying to come up with a way to make my sewing area on my sewing/computer/school desk bigger. I came up with an idea yesterday and my husband agreed that it would work and we can do it. There will be lots of changing around of furniture so we can move my desk over about 2 feet but it is going to make a world of difference in my sewing area. I am excited. My son is going to take the dresser we have and we are going to take the high boy he has. I think it is going to be a win-win for both of us.

Tomorrow we will be heading to town. Well we live in a town but it really doesn't have much of anything so we will be going to see our Chiropractor and do some shopping. The dogs need to get trimmed this week also so with school every day we are going to have a busy one.

Happy week all!

auntiemern
March 4th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Wow it is Monday. What a wonderful Monday it will be for me. DD is off today, so after 3 straight days of having the grands, I will not have them today. DH also left in the wee hrs of the morning to head for the lake for 3 days. I am one of those people that NEEDS to have time alone, without interruption. He was going to leave yesterday afternoon, but shortly after I got back with the kids I had a minor melt down. It just stinks feeling so helpless, and in pain. The pain I can handle, but not being waited on hand and foot, or the spasms in my wrist down to my thumb area, because they apparently stitched into, or nicked a nerve. Not to mention, every time I would get up and try to do something I was in constant fear of one of the hooligans stepping on my foot or hitting it. It is still very sore. The rash however is doing much better.
Been working on the quilt I sandwiched, courtesy of Cynthia, for the PICU. So far I am liking how it is turning out. It is also relieving some of my current stress. I find hand quilting quite relaxing. Off to check the other posts. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.
Sandy, extra prayers heading out to Sierra, and her foot. And for you dear friend, that surely will qualify for saint hood.

toggpine
March 4th, 2013, 02:05 PM
There is frost on our primroses, but sun is trying to shine through the overcast skies.
The prims and the crocus are blooming here. I even have a few mini-narcissus that are starting to show yellow. My guess is that spring is headed our way!
If the family can all get and stay well, that will be great! I think we have made the turn on that too.
It is amazing how everything comes to a screeching halt when the household gets ill. I have caught up with most of the laundry, and the vacuum will need to some out to play before the grandson arrives today. I swear, that kid will put any and everything in his mouth.
I get to watch him this evening while his daddy goes to work. That ought to be fun. I'm not sure if he'll go to bed for me or not. If not, his daddy will be home within about a half hour of his regular bedtime.
I have no idea how much time I'll get in the sewing room today, but I'll probably need some to keep from going nuts.

You all have a great day!
Cathy

WendyI
March 4th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Well I have the Monday blahs. I am not a fan of Mondays....I enjoy my weekends immensely and lately work has been a bit slow which is awful for me. I prefer to be very, very busy...makes the days go quicker. So...I'm just watching the hours pass until I can go home and sew....oh and do laundry. Hope all who need recovering can get it soon! (((((((HUGS))))))))))

Sharyn J
March 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Good Morning. It's after 1:00 p.m. and I'm still in my p.j.'s...........so it's still morning, right?

I have a number of projects to work on, but have to alter a pair of pants and shorten another pair for a friend. Once I finish that, I'll get busy with my fun stuff. We're expecting a snow storm tonight, so I guess that's a good reason to make a pot of soup. Sandwich & soup for dinner......... Hope you all have a great Monday.