PDA

View Full Version : We need Holes!

K. McEuen
March 4th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Drilled into our MSQC templates, that is.

An added design element you might not have thought of. A small hole drilled into the templates that you have designed so that they can be hung up, and not laid down someplace and lost, like my tumbler (unless you have an evil plot in mind that we have to keep buying new ones because we lose the others.)

It's just a thought ...

bkthomas
March 4th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Oh Karen! (message to short)

Musical_Starling
March 4th, 2013, 04:35 AM
I agree. I did find a solution though (just posted it on the american flag tute post) and I just tacked the bottom half of a box I cut up to my cork board and put them in there. I will need a similar solution when I get my peg board, but for now it works for me. But it would be SO much nicer if they came with holes.

Lisapc
March 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I haven't received my tumbler template yet but will likely have hubby drill me a hole!

Sandy Navas
March 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLnMJFXpkJVd5zABHtuNVWebfeWnOa5 WAYKNqTR3Eb1dT9iKp6Nghttps://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8la1BBBjirYTvI8TZwFHihe7_3K-0Yxoz11_K-Y8Rfd_m0D1EWA

RiverMomm
March 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Great-now I am really wanting donut holes!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLnMJFXpkJVd5zABHtuNVWebfeWnOa5 WAYKNqTR3Eb1dT9iKp6Nghttps://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8la1BBBjirYTvI8TZwFHihe7_3K-0Yxoz11_K-Y8Rfd_m0D1EWA

asta
March 4th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Donuts! I too have hubby drill holes for me.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Have you read "Holes" by Louis Sachar? http://www.louissachar.com/HolesBook.htm It is about a boot camp for wayward teens, who dug holes as their daily tasks! I thought we were going to be sent to boot camp for wayward quilters!

buckeyequilter
March 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I think I'm going to see if DH can drill holes in my rulers. I just bought a second 5" tumbler (daily deal) because I nicked mine and I really have to be careful how I cut with it so my sides are straight. Oh and the reason for this rambling is because I'm going to let DH drill a hole in the nicked one to see what he can do.

New York Sue
March 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I agree!
I was thinking about making a pegboard, and abandoned the idea after I realized the MSQC templates were without holes.
I wasn't sure about drilling into acrylic. Will any drill bit do?

Sharyn J
March 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Use a plastic drill bit available at most hardware stores ...about $5. It's specifically meant for drilling on plexiglass and acrylic sheets. Drill slowly or you can crystallize or crack the plastic.

Yes, I have my own drill. :icon_heh::icon_heh:

BillNye
March 8th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I can do that :) (the donuts and the peg holes)

buckeyequilter
March 8th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Use a plastic drill bit available at most hardware stores ...about $5. It's specifically meant for drilling on plexiglass and acrylic sheets. Drill slowly or you can crystallize or crack the plastic.

Yes, I have my own drill. :icon_heh::icon_heh:

I have a cordless screwdriver that I forget to charge....maybe I need a drill too.

GrammaBabs
March 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Some one is really into the "visual" lately.... smart girl.... short and sweet!!! just like me!!!:)

bkthomas
March 8th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I can see it now.....BillNye in the back room at MSQC, in his mad scientist white coat - drilling holes in all the templates, trying to keep up with all the orders! Phineas and Ferb to the rescue!!!!

GuitarGramma
March 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Another thought is to attach an alligator clip to the template and hang the clip.

Roxanne
March 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Drilled into our MSQC templates, that is.

An added design element you might not have thought of. A small hole drilled into the templates that you have designed so that they can be hung up, and not laid down someplace and lost, like my tumbler (unless you have an evil plot in mind that we have to keep buying new ones because we lose the others.)

It's just a thought ...
Do you have a drill? Hubby drilled holes in my templates that didn't already have them. Works great.

Bneighbor
March 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I hung one of my 2 thousand (over dramatic) longaberger baskets on my cutting table to store my small hole-less templates. When done, I hang the basket on the pegboard. I do have to rummage through them, but I do inventory every time!

snowbird
March 11th, 2013, 10:29 AM
My solution was to insert the templates into a large freezer ziplock bag, punched a hole into the top of the bag (above the ziplock seal), and hung with an "S" hook onto my rack - it works! However, I would also appreciate having holes inserted into the templates for hanging.

RachelMichelle
March 13th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Have you read "Holes" by Louis Sachar?

I was thinking the same thing as you Jean, it must be my Children's Lit class drilled into my brain! I agree, holes in the template would be good.

toggpine
March 14th, 2013, 12:57 AM
I have a photo box I put mine in. Actually three.
One for my Perfect Patchwork templates by Marti Michell, one for all of the other acrylic templates, & one for the small pattern envelopes.

ilive2craft2
March 14th, 2013, 01:06 AM
The latest template I got - the small tumbler had a hole! Yeah! :)

Hulamoon
March 14th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mine too! Thanks Mr Nye :)

Patrice
March 14th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I so agree!

jet4361
June 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Just put a piece of electrical tape on both sides of where you want the hole. Then drill. Make sure its at least a quarter inch down fromedge. You should be fine.

bubba
June 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Also, if you attempt this, drill slow so you don't crack the plexiglass.

I have a whole shop of tools :D

bhaggerty
June 15th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Yes, you can drill holes in them, but put tape ( I have used painters tape, masking tape or duct tape) on both sides and drill through the tape so it will not crack.

Genny
June 15th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Donuts! I too have hubby drill holes for me.

My hubby showed me how to use his drill and I drill my own:icon_bigsmile:

tdwoverton
June 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Another thought is to attach an alligator clip to the template and hang the clip.

Yep, this is what I'm going to do :D

Miss Sheri
June 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Yup! I agree, we do need holes. Holes in templates (thanks BillNye!) donut holes (oh yeah!) and great books called "Holes" (I collect children's books!) yessirree we do need holes.

Sheena
August 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Yep. Holes sound good to me. My templates are stacked in a pile. Invariably the pile falls off the shelf when I'm rummaging through for a template.

Claire Hallman
August 12th, 2013, 09:04 PM
You could try using a napkin holder to keep them upright.

Lilly
August 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I thought of adding a magazine rack to the side of my table to hold them. maybe they are too long for that.

New York Sue
August 12th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Do we have holes yet? Yes or no?
You would note all the MSQC templates 'rest'...IF YOU COULD SEE MY PIC.
Another camera, another learning curve.
JEEZ....
Anyhow, I am a HUGE fan of peg board. It's just so functional!

kensington
August 12th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I actually have a long narrow basket that sits on the shelf or I can move it to my table as needed, and I file them by size and shape in that. I've never even noticed I didn't have holes in my templates! LOL!

I'd like to have a long rack to sit them in... Maybe. I've seen those... Jenny uses them in the shop to hold the ones on display.

Sew Perfect
August 12th, 2013, 11:51 PM
My 5" tumbler has a hole. I don't have the 10" one and the little 2.5" one doesn't have a hole, but I have a special drawer for items such as that.

Precious1
August 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM
You ladies are too funny. Now you've made me crave for some donut holes. Yummy!!

Sew Perfect
August 13th, 2013, 03:08 AM
You ladies are too funny. Now you've made me crave for some donut holes. Yummy!!

Donut holes and coffee...

bkthomas
August 13th, 2013, 06:52 AM
CLYDE'S WORKSHOP, HAND CRAFTED WOOD ITEMS (http://www.clydes-workshop.com/)

Remember these?

Claire Hallman
August 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Another suggestion, I have some small ones that don't have holes and I put a binder clip on them and can then hang them on the peg board.

Hulamoon
August 13th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Another suggestion, I have some small ones that don't have holes and I put a binder clip on them and can then hang them on the peg board.

That's a great idea! I have some hanging around somewhere. I was thinking of getting the drill out, but this sounds much better!

Nidan_07
August 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Have you read "Holes" by Louis Sachar? Louis Sachar — Holes—The Book (http://www.louissachar.com/HolesBook.htm) It is about a boot camp for wayward teens, who dug holes as their daily tasks! I thought we were going to be sent to boot camp for wayward quilters!
Oh Jean, I'm afraid some of us are just beyond help. I don't think even boot camp could help me. I'll just have to stay wayward for now.