PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Tutorial

sewtotallycrazy
March 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
I was looking for a butterfly quilt tutorial after my 5 year old daughter saw a butterfly quilt block and told me exactly how to make it. All thanks to you Jenny for the wonderful tutorials that have taught her how to understand how to make a block simply by looking at someone else's block.

I did find a tutorial that I could see Jenny doing a tutorial in blues and whites.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/05/frolicn-butterflies-quilt.html#more

I'm sure that a quick and easy ruler for it would be super! Less measuring, more cutting, lol.

Thank you Missouri Star Quilt Company for the quality tutorials you put out, they are wonderful! Hopefully we'll be seeing Jenny doing one on the butterfly quilt soon!

pdjewelrylady
March 4th, 2013, 02:18 AM
these are cute butterflies ......
holy moly 1" corner squares!! yipes watch those finger tips LOL - tooo small for this blind lady ;)

jenny has a similar flower petal tutorial that is fun to piece .....

sewtotallycrazy
March 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I have seen her tutorial, it looks adorable! It might be a ton of fun now that I think of it to combine the two- do the butterflies flying through the flowers replace a petal with a butterfly in a way that makes them look as if they're enjoying the flowers lol. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM
these are cute butterflies ......
holy moly 1" corner squares!! yipes watch those finger tips LOL - tooo small for this blind lady ;)

jenny has a similar flower petal tutorial that is fun to piece ..... You could make the squares bigger, and then use larger squares. That would also mean you could make less blocks to get the same size quilt! I love this, but I'm with you on the tiny corners, don't know if I could get them sewn on straight.